Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: BUBBLEGUM FUZZ

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 26, 2012 5:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

FROM WOMB TO TOMB, FROM ZERO TO ZOOM, THE BUBBLEGUM FUZZ IS THE FUZZ THAT GOES BOOM!!! I don't even know what that means! i just like to say things that rhyme!

THE BUBBLEGUM FUZZ is a bi-monthly fifty-odd-minute effusion of 60's beat, 70's punk, 80's powerpop, 90's garage punk, and whatever cool newer gunk is currently titillating my tympanic membranes ((plus bubblegum, and fuzz!)). I caulk it all together with love, and, by "love," i basically mean ranting and raving. Regular listening is surely your passport to a fulfilling and largely torture-free afterlife! Thank you for your concern.

Click here to subscribe! Episodes posted here!

Regards,

Rev. Norb

Friend To All Mankind

• July 19, 2012 11:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Fair enough! My thinking on the matter was that "Sister Ray" was the type of song that was probably a bit afield of the interests of most people who usually listen to the show, thus i was attempting to add some manner of, i dunno, "entertainment value" or something by periodically playing something goofy over the top of the instrumental parts. I realized that this would likely come across as annoying to people who really liked the song ((such as myself)), but i kind of thought i needed to do *something* if i was to be playing a seventeen-and-a-half-minute song on a podcast full of two-minute songs. I actually wanted to get all creative and do a big mash-up of "Sister Ray" and "Wild Dub" by GENERATION X and call it "Wild Sister Dub by VELVET X" but that didn't work out at all so i just threw cartoon theme bits here and there. I agree that i'd rather just listen to the song without all the nonsense, but ultimately thought that playing a 17:31 song with no nonsense somewhat violated the spirit of the show, so there ya go. Thanks for your opinion, i agree with it in large part.

That said, the 60's Batman TV show was AWESOME, and i don't really care if i disrespect Lou Reed, he can come over to my house and punch me in the face if he has a problem with me!

• July 18, 2012 4:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I was listening to the utterly awesome "Sister Ray", by The Velvet Underground, when you played idents & jingles over this utterly awesome song. I heard the trailer for the awful 1960's "Batman"" TV series and the "Casper" Theme tune, among others. It was disrespectful to Messers Reed, Cale, Tucker, et al, as they woked so hard to get it published. I assume this was unintentional, but I don't want to listen to an ident played over an exquisite song as "Sister Ray". I'd rather hear the VU, not "Casper The Friendly Ghost".

Thanks for playing JAMC.  

• April 29, 2012 12:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Huzzah! If it's good enough for Nigel Tufnel, it's good enough for me!

• April 29, 2012 10:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

In an attempt to enter that torture-free afterlife I've added an 11 to the volume knob. Thanks for the *BOOM*, it keeps me going when the 405 turns into a parking lot.

• April 28, 2012 9:46 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Huzzah! Thank you, respondant!

• April 26, 2012 8:15 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

So far, I have really been digging the show. Keep up the good work!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel