Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Bizarre Shit!!!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 12, 2013 2:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I shit you not! I found this online. A Syd Barrett colouring book. Not widely available, but you can buy direct from the artist. pipergatesdesign@hotmail.co.uk Theres apparently a Joy Division one as well. WTF?????? Genius! With this in mind. What other bizarre and out there merchandise and stuff has anyone found or heard of that takes our minds and music to another level, haha This is just amazing. Waiting for my copy to come through the letterbox.

• April 27, 2013 6:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My reaction exactly! Someone should send a pair to Hasil, who arts in... well, wherever he wants to.

MikeL said:

Holy shit!

That's all I can say.

IDON MINE said:

No real merch, but ANY country band new and old should have this on their tables ;)

Here for the stir

• April 27, 2013 6:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I see your idea... It's coming full circle.

Chris Henniker said:

Being an intern with the Good Toy Guide, I was doing some background reading with the trade press when I saw an advert for merchandising opportunities like Kiss Hello Kitty toilet paper. I thought to myself: "What are we coming to when you wipe your arse with a cat?" Then it clicked: If you have to wipe your arse, why not have GG Allin toilet paper? GG Allin toilet paper is more appropriate, for obvious reasons.

Here for the stir

• April 26, 2013 3:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Being an intern with the Good Toy Guide, I was doing some background reading with the trade press when I saw an advert for merchandising opportunities like Kiss Hello Kitty toilet paper. I thought to myself: "What are we coming to when you wipe your arse with a cat?" Then it clicked: If you have to wipe your arse, why not have GG Allin toilet paper? GG Allin toilet paper is more appropriate, for obvious reasons.

• April 26, 2013 2:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

BTW, this isn't merchandise, but it is another marketing tool...KISS is now working on a "Hello Kitty" cartoon that will include the band. A friend shared this on facebook, and he commented, "Just when I think Gene can't sink any lower." Another friend added "Paul. Stanley's. Face" because he is looking weirder and weirder from all of the plastic surgery.

• April 26, 2013 2:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Holy shit!

That's all I can say.

IDON MINE said:

No real merch, but ANY country band new and old should have this on their tables ;)

• April 26, 2013 7:25 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here for the stir

• April 26, 2013 3:21 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That I would pay big big money for, haha My Syd book came through and ironically enough my son started colouring in all sorts of coloured scribbled crayons and I couldn't help thinking that this was how Syds mind was probably thinking at the time, haha

Johnny Lurg said:

I have a Wesley Willis coloring book.

• April 25, 2013 11:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YOU SHOULD SEE THE STUFF THAT DID'NT GET RELEASED , LIKE THE KISS SKATEBOARDING FIGURES. OR THE KISS KITE. THERE WERE PICS OF ALL THESE WEIRD , UNUSED , IDEAS FOR KISS TOYS IN THE ROCTOBER "KISSUE".

MikeL said:

KISS has put out so much weird merchandise over the years that I wouldn't know where to start.  Yeah, I know this isn't garage or punk related, but I just had to say that.  They are the kings of inexplicable merchandising.

• April 25, 2013 7:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

KISS has put out so much weird merchandise over the years that I wouldn't know where to start.  Yeah, I know this isn't garage or punk related, but I just had to say that.  They are the kings of inexplicable merchandising.

• April 25, 2013 7:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have a Wesley Willis coloring book.

• April 17, 2013 4:04 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes, it's true about Joy Division coloring book - here's the LINK (pic No. 6). Among the rest lies more weird JD merch (my favs are No. 11 & 12). :)

• April 14, 2013 11:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nice. I think they were sold out by the time I got out of the house. I have a pic of a Tennessee Ernie Ford's Biscuits and Gravy 45 (TWO 45s) on my page. In the 90's , a woman told me about George Jones' Cat Food and Dog Food. I said, WHAAAAA? She said "Yeah , it was orange - colored , and my dog's STOOL came out the same color ! ". I was kinds disappointed by last years' Record Store Day loot. Lots of artists I love , just nothing rare. iF YOU MUST Overcharge me , give me an incentive to buy. That's all I had to say about it.

• April 14, 2013 7:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Syd Barrett coloring book?  Awesomely and appropriately trippy.  Last year I got the less appropriately but equally trippy Buck Owens original 1970 coloring book.  It was a record store day exclusive.  It has been hard to resist coloring in it, but I framed it and hung it on the wall instead.  Doesn't seem to be anything nearly as cool being released at record store day this year...

• April 12, 2013 12:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ACTUALLY , THE ARTWORK IS QUITE GOOD. I WOULD HAVE SWORN , MY FRIEND , STEVE KRAKOW (GALACTIC ZOODOSSIER MAGAZINE. LOOK IT UP. THANK ME , LATER.) DID THIS , SAVE FOR THE FACT THAT , STYLISTICALLY , IT'S DIFFERENT. IF THIS WERE AIMED AT KIDS , HOWEVER , TRY TO EXPLAIN THE STORY OF ARNOLD LAYNE !

• April 12, 2013 12:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....IT PAINS ME TO SAY THIS , BUT , IT'S A LOT BETTER - MADE THAN THE ROKY BOBBLEHEAD , WHICH RESEMBLES A YOUNGER KENNY ROGERS MORE CLOSELY.... I'M REMINDED OF THE TIME SOME MUSCLEBOY IN THE AUDIENCE YELLED FOR SOME GUNS'N'ROSES. ALLIN REPLIED , " YEAH , GUNS'N'ROSES !" , SMASHING HIS HEAD ON THE STAGE FLOOR , "REAL HEADBANGING ROCK'N'ROLL !!!''.

• April 12, 2013 7:39 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

GG Allin bobblehead!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel