Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 18, 2012 5:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The NSA has become the largest, most covert, and potentially most intrusive intelligence agency ever.

Article here.

Electricity will come from the center’s own substation built by Rocky Mountain Power to satisfy the 65-megawatt power demand. Such a mammoth amount of energy comes with a mammoth price tag—about $40 million a year, according to one estimate.

The Pentagon is attempting to expand its worldwide communications network, known as the Global Information Grid, to handle yottabytes (1024 bytes) of data. (A yottabyte is a septillion bytes—so large that no one has yet coined a term for the next higher magnitude.)

• November 15, 2012 1:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey, thanks for replyin'.

First off, here's a link to cost of data storage and this Guess what? Bandwidth is getting cheaper. I think the price I saw on Twitter last week was .10 cents per, uh, gig, maybe? Sorry, just geekin' out...

As far as social media go, I think it's pretty much a given that they're all in our governments pocket, even if they had to be strong-armed a bit to go there. If we use it, the Feds have our data, that simple. But you can use RiseUp and Tor (wow, just blocked by my library, land of the free, hahahahaha!) to minimize risk.

You know what scares me? You are the only person here to comment on this seriously. I wasn't interested in politics either, until about 40, but fuck! you'd think people would see what a serious threat to our freedom (world freedom, even) this is.

Also, there's this: Wall Street’s Secret Spy Center in addition.

We need an Occupy to bring attention to both of these centers, and hopefully find some way to shut them down. America's enough of a fascist state without them.

Cheers,

Dave

Stoned Again Productions said:

The NSA is a damned if you do, damned if you don't operation.  I have always been curious if facebook and the google gang work with the NSA. More so the google gang. They are both massive resources of personal information. Google has the capability to track the mass majority of online traffic activity. They both have all of my personal information.

Global data traffic is expected to hit 1 yottabyte sometime in the mid 2020's.  The article I read months ago suggested it will be using one fifth of the planets electricity. The Internet has grown into a monster. I go back to the days of using archie and gopher search before yahoo was even a thought.  Mostly text and grey & black images. I certainly never saw this coming.

At the time a massive portion of data transfer is streaming and downloading.  Uncompressed files are the worst.  With all of the music in this site I am willing to bet the cost of bandwidth is very expensive.

This is all personal thought, curiosity, opinion, and from music related data we receive constantly at the work place. Doesn't mean I am right. And I am certainly no "mr. know it all".  Now and then I like to chit chat about other things than music. It reminds that other issues do exist.

Excuse typos, misuse of the english language, It's a family tradition.

• November 15, 2012 11:50 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The NSA is a damned if you do, damned if you don't operation.  I have always been curious if facebook and the google gang work with the NSA. More so the google gang. They are both massive resources of personal information. Google has the capability to track the mass majority of online traffic activity. They both have all of my personal information.

Global data traffic is expected to hit 1 yottabyte sometime in the mid 2020's.  The article I read months ago suggested it will be using one fifth of the planets electricity. The Internet has grown into a monster. I go back to the days of using archie and gopher search before yahoo was even a thought.  Mostly text and grey & black images. I certainly never saw this coming.

At the time a massive portion of data transfer is streaming and downloading.  Uncompressed files are the worst.  With all of the music in this site I am willing to bet the cost of bandwidth is very expensive.

This is all personal thought, curiosity, opinion, and from music related data we receive constantly at the work place. Doesn't mean I am right. And I am certainly no "mr. know it all".  Now and then I like to chit chat about other things than music. It reminds that other issues do exist.

Excuse typos, misuse of the english language, It's a family tradition.

• March 19, 2012 5:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Shhhh, don't talk about it, haha ;)

Here for the stir

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel