Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What artist do you own the most music by? And why?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 20, 2012 6:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I bought the Rubble 1-10 cd box last week. I guess that doesnt count as its not from a single artist.

I own 10 John Barry 7 45's, 9 Bert Weedon 45's and 8 Sounds Incorporated 45's.  I am still adding to my collection. I love early British Instros.

• March 20, 2012 4:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

1.Lighting/Reverend Beatman & Monsters

2.Hasil Adkins

3.Antiseen

i wont mention the Cramps after seeing this great collection :-D 

• March 19, 2012 11:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanx Rufus...will see you on Apr 21st!!

This has been one of most interesting forum topics for me, as it really shows what obsessive collectors of cool music we have on the garagepunk hideout!!

Keep the posts coming!!!

Rufus F. said:

Dave, I'm in awe of your Cramps collection. I lost about 2/3rds of my Cramps stuff when I moved to Canada and am still building back up my collection. They're a huge band for me. I was a teenage punk rocker who bought Songs the Lord Taught Us in a Virginia Beach record store on a whim 23 years ago and it became the alpha and omega of everything I've listened to since. 

whatwave dave said:

OK Alex...you asked for it:

• March 19, 2012 9:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I didn`t count -cause it`s too much work now-but Motörhead,Roky Erickson and Radio Birdman(+their sideprojects!!).

WHY??? Think I don`t need to comment-3 MILESTONES in R´n`R-history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• March 19, 2012 6:35 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I'd like to see a photo of that!

Mr Yates said:

Have to be Big Black for me, I had to get everything Albini released for awhile, so got UK, USA and Australian pressings of most LPs as well re issues and CDs.

• March 19, 2012 5:43 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Have to be Big Black for me, I had to get everything Albini released for awhile, so got UK, USA and Australian pressings of most LPs as well re issues and CDs.

• March 18, 2012 9:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dave, I'm in awe of your Cramps collection. I lost about 2/3rds of my Cramps stuff when I moved to Canada and am still building back up my collection. They're a huge band for me. I was a teenage punk rocker who bought Songs the Lord Taught Us in a Virginia Beach record store on a whim 23 years ago and it became the alpha and omega of everything I've listened to since. 

whatwave dave said:

OK Alex...you asked for it:

• March 17, 2012 11:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

1. Ramones

2. Rolling Stones

3. Who

4. Brian Jonestown Massacre

• March 16, 2012 12:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Jam. I have pretty much all their releases. plenty of it on vinyl too. My All Mod Cons and Setting Sons albums are very pleasingly worn round the edges from years of fondling...

• March 12, 2012 12:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Nomads and The Hellacopters. Have 31 Hellacopters' 7" singles alone. 25 Nomads' 7" singles.  Got albums and cds too. 

• March 11, 2012 12:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Ha-ha!!! Man, that's super-hip that you have a Japanese 'Blitzkrieg Bop'! I'll put that on the jealousy list along with the Dutch 'Don't Cry Wolf' that's in your pic!! I've got the German New Rose alluded to elsewhere, as well as a yellow vinyl Belgian 'Don't Cry Wolf'...so many wonderful things to buy!!

Mike said:

Damn, I forgot to pull that one out for the photo!............. allright smart ass, you know that is a high dollar and rare one. That thing was going for hundreds back in the early-mid 80's as I recall.  I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never own that one, I'll just have to be content with my Japanese 'Blitzkrieg Bop' instead.

Mole said:

Impressive pics! Couldn't see the Japanese 'Neat Neat Neat' though....!!

Mike said:

The Damned followed by the Ramones. Mostly because they both have released so many damned (get it?) records and 7" sleeve variations etc etc that sucker a collector nerd like me to buy. No picture of me, but a set a photos I'd snapped for another forum. I have to give credit though to an old friend who sold me his entire Damned 7" collection back in the 80's. I knew it hurt him, but he knew it was going to a good home. That's where a good chunk of my Damned and Capt. Sensible singles came from.

• March 11, 2012 7:37 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Elvis (maybe 50 albums) followed by the Ventures (about 20 albums). After that it might actually be the Astronauts which I have quite a few Japanese PS 45s of along with several of their albums.

• March 10, 2012 7:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I mean, there's a lot of bands that I own their whole catalog, Muddy waters would be impossible, I have 20 MW LPs and theres tons more out there I'm sure even I have never heard of. 

• March 10, 2012 7:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Two words: Muddy. Waters.
      Why: Because he is the king of the Delta Blues AND THE father of the Chicago Blues, inspired Chuck Berry and countless thousands of 60s rock guitarists.

Next to that, The Clash, next to that, maybe Bowie, not sure. 

• March 10, 2012 5:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ramones.  All the vinyl LPs and probably around 40 7" in pic sleeves.

• March 10, 2012 1:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Man or Astro-Man? wins by a long shot.  Fugazi and David Bazan (all projects) are probably the next in line.  

• March 10, 2012 10:37 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Kinks, Stones, The Jam, The Who, Ramones. Not necessarliy in that order.

• March 10, 2012 12:19 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Soul Preacher --- You know your Damned! There are two 7" picture sleeves off the top of my head that would really kind of complete this batch. One being the Japanese press of Neat Neat Neat as Mole pointed out a few posts back and the German version of New Rose.

That pink vinyl press of "Don't Cry Wolf" is in the third photo. Is that 'Something Weird" boot 7" on Scatterbrain Child? If so, yea I don't have that. That "Black Album" you mention, I thought I had that, but looking I see I don't. Is that the Big Beat pressing or one of the non UK/US pressings?

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

Pretty damned solid collection Mike !!!

Being myself quite obsessed by The Damned (and late 70s UK punk in general) in my teens, I think I may own one or two vinyls I can't see on these cool pix. 

In the 45 category, I'm thinking about a pink (vinyl is pink, cover is the generic Stiff records black cover) 7" edition of "Don't cry Wolf"/"One way Love"; another 7 " (a bootleg) called "Something Weird" (ltd edition of 200) from around 1986 I believe featuring live renditions of "L.A. woman", "Just can't be happy today" and "Lively Arts".

Oh, and my "Eloise" 7" has a slightly different cover.

In the LP section, I have also a picture vinyl of "Damned Damned Damned"; a simple edition of the "Black Album" (minus the "Curtain Call" platter) with a plain black cover; a few compilations ("Another great record from the Damned", "Light at the end of the tunnel"...) and a few live bootlegs ("Too much to drink in Southend", "Ballroom Blitz").

And I have to say, it's the 2nd time only I see that (bootleg) 7" version of "Love song"/"Burglar" (2nd pic, top right). The 1st copy I've met, decades ago, is in my living room now, partying hard with its happy waxen companions. 

Cheers !!!

• March 10, 2012 12:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Damn, I forgot to pull that one out for the photo!............. allright smart ass, you know that is a high dollar and rare one. That thing was going for hundreds back in the early-mid 80's as I recall.  I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never own that one, I'll just have to be content with my Japanese 'Blitzkrieg Bop' instead.

Mole said:

Mike said:

The Damned followed by the Ramones. Mostly because they both have released so many damned (get it?) records and 7" sleeve variations etc etc that sucker a collector nerd like me to buy. No picture of me, but a set a photos I'd snapped for another forum. I have to give credit though to an old friend who sold me his entire Damned 7" collection back in the 80's. I knew it hurt him, but he knew it was going to a good home. That's where a good chunk of my Damned and Capt. Sensible singles came from.

• March 9, 2012 11:52 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Now that'd be a discography to put together. I think I've had three different versions of the  'Apartment Wresting RnR" LP alone, and none are probably the original pressing.

Brother Panti-Christ said:

I think I own more records from Beat-Man (The Monsters, Lightning Beat-Man, Reverend Beat-Man) than anything in my collection. I think the plus there is he gives them to me... ;)

• March 9, 2012 4:41 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

haha

i have to buy it too !!

i had a guitarwolf-less times since i tattooed "jet generation" on my anckle !

like the new line-up , saw them 4 times with the new bass player

Guitar Wolf = Best band ever !!!

I guess you don't really need the "Golden Black" compilation then...unless you're a freaky collector !  

And what about "Dead Rock" and "Spacebattleshiplove" ? 

You don't like the new line-up ?

Pat said:

Well that's not a really expensive collection, i'll try to post a photo but i remember so far :

Wolf Rock! LP (Goner Records, 1993, 1Gone)
      Missile Me! CD (Matador, 1995, OLE-219-1/2)
      Planet Of The Wolves LP(Matador, 1997, OLE-248-1/2)
      Jet Generation LP (Matador, 1999, OLE-333-1/2)
      Rock'n'roll Etiquette CD (Narnack, 2000, NCK7022)
      UFO Romantics LP (Narnack Records, 2002, NCK 7001)
      Loverock CD (Narnack Records, 2004, NCK 7020)

Guitar Wolf / Shutdown 66 slipt 45

Wild Zeros DVD !

I realize i have to find the LP of all the GW cd's i have !

Alex said:

That's a pretty tough and expensive collection.  Any photos?

Pat said:

Guitar Wolf i guess...

• March 8, 2012 3:47 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

In order [this is vinyl only, CDs are in too much of a disorganised state to search through!]:

THE WHO [19 LPs, 1 12", 22 7"s]

13th FLOOR ELEVATORS [13 LPs, 19 7"s - 9 of which are You're Gonna Miss Me variants]

JOY DIVISION [10 LPs, 7 12"s, 12 7"s]

THE FALL [only 1 LP & 12" lotsa CDs, 18 7"s]

VELVET UNDERGROUND [13 LPs, 2 7"s]

• March 8, 2012 3:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Mike said:

• March 8, 2012 9:47 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Probaly the misfits they put so much shit out!!!
    • March 8, 2012 7:56 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm just jealous of course...

Hey, that's a real plus, you lucky punk !!!

Brother Panti-Christ said:

I think I own more records from Beat-Man (The Monsters, Lightning Beat-Man, Reverend Beat-Man) than anything in my collection. I think the plus there is he gives them to me... ;)

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel