Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What artist do you own the most music by? And why?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 4, 2012 11:18 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah I've wanted to check out their stuff, the S/T Moonhearts record is among my absolute favorites of the past couple years and Ty is already a legend.

This video is awesome, the Epsilon dudes doing a fake Laguna Beach episode:

Bringing things back on topic, doesn't qualify as Garage, but I've got about 150 releases/live boots from New Order. It's like 5 days worth of music. Granted it's all digital.

• March 4, 2012 11:17 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Shit, I forgot to include my Epsilons records!  I have both of them, one on CD, one on vinyl.  Will put up a pic in a few!

kopper said:

I have two Epsilons discs (not sure if they released anything else) and they're both really good, kinda like the Cramps meets Devo.

Dave Giù la Testa said:

that shit's bitchin alex, do you have any wisdom on the Epsilons? They were one of Ty's old group with some of the dudes from Moonhearts right? Back when they were wee ones. Is their business worth picking up?

• March 4, 2012 11:06 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have two Epsilons discs (not sure if they released anything else) and they're both really good, kinda like the Cramps meets Devo.

Dave Giù la Testa said:

that shit's bitchin alex, do you have any wisdom on the Epsilons? They were one of Ty's old group with some of the dudes from Moonhearts right? Back when they were wee ones. Is their business worth picking up?

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• March 4, 2012 11:00 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• March 4, 2012 10:57 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Here's a photo of my Ty Segall collection.

• March 4, 2012 9:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, if you lump all of Billy's bands together, he'd be in my top 5, too. I haven't counted or anything, but the others are probably the Ramones, Cramps, Buzzcocks and ELO.

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

Billy Childish and Bo Diddley I believe.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• March 4, 2012 9:39 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

@Mike -- that is a Damned gorgeous collection.

• March 4, 2012 5:05 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Billy Childish and Bo Diddley I believe.

• March 3, 2012 11:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I got like 8 Sepultura cd's

• March 3, 2012 11:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

THEM and early Rolling Stones, I would have to say.

• March 3, 2012 7:30 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Apparently, my Vox Continental used to belong to The Damned, & came out of their studio... (at least thats what the woman who i bought it off told me... & it was just a sidenote to the sale, so have no particular reason to disbelieve her...)

But that's nothing to do wit this thread so i'll mention that ive probably got more Skatalites stuff than any other band, cos i like ska.

Mike said:

The Damned followed by the Ramones. Mostly because they both have released so many damned (get it?) records and 7" sleeve variations etc etc that sucker a collector nerd like me to buy. No picture of me, but a set a photos I'd snapped for another forum. I have to give credit though to an old friend who sold me his entire Damned 7" collection back in the 80's. I knew it hurt him, but he knew it was going to a good home. That's where a good chunk of my Damned and Capt. Sensible singles came from.

• March 3, 2012 7:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Elvis ,  Jerry Lee . 2/3rds of the $750,000 Trio. Of course , I have a lot on Carl and The Man who made like Elvis and left the building......Cramps , Roky , Iggy. Other stuff, I forget.

• March 3, 2012 2:00 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Damned followed by the Ramones. Mostly because they both have released so many damned (get it?) records and 7" sleeve variations etc etc that sucker a collector nerd like me to buy. No picture of me, but a set a photos I'd snapped for another forum. I have to give credit though to an old friend who sold me his entire Damned 7" collection back in the 80's. I knew it hurt him, but he knew it was going to a good home. That's where a good chunk of my Damned and Capt. Sensible singles came from.

• March 3, 2012 12:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I own more Billy Childish stuff than any other artist. He is not necessarily my favorite artist, but the sheer volume of releases over the years, and the fact that any B.C. record is a "safe bet", is the reason I have amassed such a huge collection of his work. 

• March 3, 2012 9:32 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

KISS and the Rolling Stones.  

I have the first six studio albums by KISS, along with "ALIVE" and "ALIVE II," along with with "Creatures of the Night" and "Psycho Circus."  KISS was the first band that I ever got into, so I guess that's why I have so many of their releases.  It's a combination of nostalgia and sentimentalism.

As for the Rolling Stones, I've been getting reacquainted with them, so I recently acquired all of the studio albums that were released between 1968 and 1972, along with "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!," "It's Only Rock'n'Roll," and "Some Girls."  I bought "England's Newest Hitmakers" and "12x5" a while back, and I still enjoy them.  This is open to debate, but I have to agree that the Stones truly are the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world, because of the standards they set and their influence.

This is one of the most interesting questions anyone has ever asked around here:)

• March 3, 2012 4:28 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bob Dylan. Years back I gave a guitar lesson to the son of a family friend and they paid me with a big box of records. Was about the same time another family friend uttered the words "We've got everything we want on CD now. Have a look in the attic and take what you want." Heaven. No garage, no punk, but a shed load of Dylan, Neil Young and other great stuff like that.

• March 3, 2012 4:07 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cheap Trick for more reasons than makes sense to post. Great songs, great musicians - I love pretty much everything there is about CT.

• March 3, 2012 3:32 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, David Bowie.

Not exactly garage punk, but most killer garage bands have very few recordings.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel