Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: just talk about what we love on (from the allocated time period)

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 14, 2012 1:45 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

for the amout of members here this forum is kind of dead, so just talk about the elements of the 50s/60s sound and why do you love it so much.

I love R&R ,rockablilly ,blues ,garage ,psych etc because as a guitarist i love the tones and techniques of the guitarists.

NOW SPEAK!

• March 25, 2012 6:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It'd take all day to disclose my motivations for the sordid sensations of the big beat that makes you wanna jump in the back seat.....In the early to mid 70'S , The Rock'n'Roll Revival peaked in The U.S. , though Western Europe had been reveling in it , years earlier. As a kid , then ,  I heard something in 50's R'n'R that I was'nt hearing in the newer stuff...Though we're talking about a difference of less than 20 years. I did'nt stop liking the new music , though I was too young to realize much of it was'nt new. The 50's Rock 'n' Roll seemed to be more about having fun than much of what I was hearing. Of course , a lot of it left on a petri dish with a Black Plague cell called Nostalgia. To the world's chagrin , the baccili was released , and , the motivation behind the music was deemed irrelevant. But , not forever. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND .  I found myself taking an interest in 60's R'n'R , 60's and 70's Punk , Rockabilly , Instrumental Rock , Glam , Psych ,  Raw R'N'B and the like ,  because it's FUN, and it's bound by a common energy. Even if you don't like all of it , personally. I LEARNED , EARLY ON , IT WAS UP TO US , INDIVIDUALLY , TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT IF THIS MUSIC WOULD STILL MEAN ANYTHING  , EVEN AFTER IT FELL OUT OF FAVOR FOR A SECOND OR THIRD TIME.....   Anyone remember The U.S. Rockabilly Revival OF THE EARLY 80's ? A thousand 'Billy bands formed in The Stray Cats' wake , but , of course , none of them offered any serious competition.  Robert Gordon had made his last Neo - Rockabilly recordings of note , years before The Stray Cats came back home to , briefly , become stars.....But , a lot of Rockabilly fans and bands stayed at it , even though so much of it still reflects The Stray Cats ' sound and feel in it's utter lack of wildness and sheer raw power that this music was built on. As Tim Warren put it , so many of them did'nt go through Punk Rock , and that accounts for a lot.

• February 22, 2012 5:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I cant really say there is anything I hate from the 50's and 60's. Even cheezy pop music. It all sounds good cos it was mostly mono. I do prefer the lighter side of things. But I do occasionally like some heavy stuff. The Buzz ' You're holding me down' is a great track. I really like simple stuff like the Tornados and Bert Weedon. Saxaphone led stuff is great. The Flea Rekkers 'Green Jeans' is a fave. The lyrics of most 60's tracks do make me laugh though. Those poor young men. They loved their girlfriends so much and all they did was stay out all night and go off with every man in town! Jezebels and Harlots the lot of them!

Love the cars, the clothes, the furniture, and the bands. Nuff said.

• February 14, 2012 4:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

wow ,that is actually a great tale of the powerr of rock and roll.

• February 14, 2012 3:06 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

As child my only escape was the radio. I was told as a preteen that RR would give me a one way ticket to hell.Then after listening to magic carpet ride, I had goosebumps on my arms and thinking anything that makes me feel this good cant be wrong.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel