Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What's happening in your scene?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 21, 2012 10:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The most famous (and best) garage band to come out of Calgary is the Von Zippers

• February 20, 2012 6:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

You are super lucky indeed

The Wild Ones said:

We're lucky enough to live in santa cruz and get to see these guys all the time

This band the phantom pains https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Phantom-Pains/229873120404428?re...  that hasnt recorded yet but keep an eye out because they will soon and its going to be awesome.

and we're close to the bay area so we can always see Shannon and the Clams, No Bunny, The Shrouds, The Flakes and a ton of awesome other bands.

• February 20, 2012 12:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We're lucky enough to live in santa cruz and get to see these guys all the time

This band the phantom pains https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Phantom-Pains/229873120404428?ref=ts  that hasnt recorded yet but keep an eye out because they will soon and its going to be awesome.

and we're close to the bay area so we can always see Shannon and the Clams, No Bunny, The Shrouds, The Flakes and a ton of awesome other bands.

• February 12, 2012 8:25 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Stockholm, Sweden

• February 10, 2012 2:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What's happening in my scene? Not enough! If any cool bands are passing through NE Iowa & want a cool lo-fi venue to play then they should look up Space Jams 109 on Facebook & learn more about the scene here in Cedar Falls. It's a small venue but it puts on great shows. Look them up if you or a band you know is passing through.

• February 8, 2012 10:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Love the Biters

• February 8, 2012 1:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i don't really keep up with my scene (Philadelphia) as much I used to when I was a super cool 19 year old haha. Now I'm into older garage/punk/soul stuff, plus the scene is lacking IMO, but here are a few that i think are alright...

The Pussy Dogs

Slutever

Dry Feet

Cousin Brian

• February 8, 2012 7:02 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And here's our brothers GIUDA!

...the best glam rock act in Italy! We have the same producers.

• February 8, 2012 6:41 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's my own band, SUNGLASSES AFTER DARK!

...Rome's finest BOOOOGIEPUNK combo! B)

There's a good hardcore/punk rock scene in Rome but few garage bands.

• February 6, 2012 12:55 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They're fantastic live! They even make it out to Arcata every summer - probably because we all dance our asses off!

Too bad the vast majority of music out of my town is Reggae. The Rock'nRoll/Garage/Punk scene kind of starts and ends in my cul-de-sac.

Doodlemouse said:

I wanna see them, but they seem to only tour Europe/UK lately.

kopper said:

Also, from right here in River City, we got Pokey LaFarge & the South City Three, who've been makin' some pretty major waves lately...

• February 5, 2012 11:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You know what , my friend? I don't even live in Pittsbugh , but , besides The Fleshtones , The Cynics are still the band I look forward to seeing.

MikeL said:

Most of my favorite local bands are history, so there isn't much happening around here.  The only thing I have to look forward to anymore is the occasional Cynics' gig.

• February 5, 2012 7:28 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Looks like its fun to be where you are.... If you like Ghost Bikini you might also enjoy Tiger! Tiger! whose front woman also keeps the beat in the Subsonics:

Tim said:

In my area Kent, England.....

• February 5, 2012 2:15 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There's a great scene here in Santander. We're a small city, but there's a good metal scene and all the garagey-punk bands are doing something different to each other. Apart from us attempting our garage-powerpop, we've got Los Idolos Del Extrarradio (Idols Of The Suburbs) playing their new-wave pop and Soul Gestapo playing more classic blues rock.

The Idolos singer also runs a recording studio and has started The Drive Division Sessions where he's recording and filming local bands to put out a video each week (which is where the Soul Gestapo video was filmed.

We get a little over-shadowed by Bilboa, who get a lot more touring bands, but it's got a lot better the last couple of years with new venues opening and people like Lord Rochester passing through. There are a few small towns around the area as well that have great venues and have pulled in people like The Fleshtones, The Cynics and Tito and Turantula over the past couple of years. The TurboRock! garage festival at the start of September also brings us the likes of Mudhoney, The Bellrays, The Buzzcocks.

We're small, but comin' up and it's a great place to be instead of fighting to get your head above the parapet, like in bigger cities. There are a ton of bars that put on tiny gigs and if anyone's passing through, it's a great place to grab a gig, some grub and petrol money to keep you going.

• February 4, 2012 5:06 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Heard via the rumor-mill of the internets that they did do a reunion show recently in Toronto but not sure if that will lead to anything beyond that one-off...I wish they would completely reform (Sexareenos are my fav Mark Sultan band...& I'm a HUGE KK&BBQ fan)

kopper said:

Did Les Sexareenos reform?

Light Bulb Alley ( New LP out!) said:

Bloodshot Bill, Demons Claws, Les Sexerinos, Skip Jensen, a lot more coming and going, Im at work now so ill stop b4 i get fired
    • February 4, 2012 7:31 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

In my area Kent, England.....

The Spartan Dregs released Forensic R 'n' B last year. Billy Childish(from Chatham) is taking a slightly more back seat in his latest band with Neil Palmer and co

Medways Len Price 3- Last I heard were working on their next album and doing their usual smuttering of gigs

Two wounded birds from Margate! Are touring the UK and I think are due to bring their debut album out this year.

I don't have time to mention all the other good bands....

• February 4, 2012 6:33 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ghost bikini sounds great!

Fully of trashy energy and they play at a good speed. I looked them up on facebook and I really like them.... so thanks!

• February 4, 2012 2:32 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I wanna see them, but they seem to only tour Europe/UK lately.

kopper said:

Also, from right here in River City, we got Pokey LaFarge & the South City Three, who've been makin' some pretty major waves lately...

• February 3, 2012 5:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i'm from indianapolis aka naptown. here's some shit i like--i'm not posting my own bands although i enjoy them, haha. scenewise we are a little divided. there are good metal/hardcore/doom/punks/country bands of all kinds. here are a few faves.

the gitmos--they play sporadically but it's always fun--garagey political ranting and sometimes some raving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWJAkbRnoGw

coffinworm--rocking ass death metal sludge. seriously crushing and fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX9szPDN7Bg

craig bell (rocket from the tombs///mirrors//saucers) little trio THE DOWN-FI. good american rock and roll from a veteran of the psychic wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OckPgQx3FE

i could go on and on but here's a taste. i'm psyched to live here most days. if your band wants to come here message me on here and i'll see what i can do.

• February 3, 2012 3:53 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Interesting.  We have a similar '20s '30s hot jazz band here in Atlanta.  Perhaps there's one in every town?  I'll blame the Squirrel Nut Zippers.  :)

kopper said:

• February 3, 2012 2:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• February 3, 2012 2:19 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Another from St. Louis... DOOM TOWN

http://doomtownstl.blogspot.com/

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel