Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What's happening in your scene?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 3, 2012 2:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dig this band BUG CHASER from St. Louis, playing psychedelic punk meets krautrock noise...

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• February 3, 2012 1:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Did Les Sexareenos reform?

Light Bulb Alley ( New LP out!) said:

Bloodshot Bill, Demons Claws, Les Sexerinos, Skip Jensen, a lot more coming and going, Im at work now so ill stop b4 i get fired

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• February 3, 2012 1:40 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bloodshot Bill, Demons Claws, Les Sexerinos, Skip Jensen, a lot more coming and going, Im at work now so ill stop b4 i get fired
    • February 3, 2012 5:20 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Most of my favorite local bands are history, so there isn't much happening around here.  The only thing I have to look forward to anymore is the occasional Cynics' gig.

• February 3, 2012 12:23 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There's a lot of stuff I could'nt care less about , BUT......

The Dyes (2/3rds PURTY gals) - Cramps , Wanda Jackson , Bad Girl - era Jackie De Shannon , Sonics  , Link Wray and their own thang , brought to a boil. Horror Films , Rat Fink , Aurora Models , Kicks Magazine , Lucha Libre , Chicago's rockin' like it's 1987 , and Wax Trax Records is still open.

Patti Elvis (She's not on my team , but she's in my league) - Drag King Elvis interpreter , with the shades of 70's K-Tel and Tom Jones . What'd El Vez say ? Some call her Elvis , some name her Rey(na) , it don't make no difference if you're Straight or Gay. SHE'S ABOUT A MOVER , SHE'S THE GROOVER ! SHE CAME , SHE SAW , SHE BROUGHT VEGAS BACK FROM THE DEAD.

Iggy Yoakum - After a 10 - year "Liqourmission" , Chicago's greatest Country Band ( Since The Sundowners , anyway.) is back , kicking asses , and taking smokes and free drinks , where they can. I'm not talkin' Insurgent Country (Which was neither.) , I'm talkin' the URGENT COUNTRY. Hardcore , Jerry Lee Lewis on Smash , Honky Tonk. Damn fine playing and songwriting. Plus a sense of humor Chicago Country missed.

Polkaholics - They're like VERY early Brave Combo , IF they'd held Johnny Thunders up there with Lil' Wally. A VERY INTERACTIVE LIVE SHOW. You WILL see bar walking , crowd - prowling , and sometimes , even mid - song bowling . They come on like they're lushes , but they are seasoned pros. It's hard not to have fun at a Polkaholics gig , unless it's a depressing dive like Red Line Tap.

Rockin' Johnny - Coooooooool - ass hep White Boy that plays the HELL out of those Blues. Not Pussy Blues , as featured at Kingston Mines and Bluesfest , but , Blues with a bite - Ike Turner , Lowell Fulsom , Earl Hooker , Otis Rush , early Muddy Waters , that sorta thang. Second guitarist , Rick , played with Muddy Waters and B.B. King.

NEW COLONY SIX - TAKING A BREAK FROM THE DEPRESSING  FAIR CIRCUIT GRIND , CHICAGO GARAGE/POP LEGENDS TESTED THE WATERS WITH A FANTASTIC ALL - GARAGE SET . EVERY SONG YOU COULD HAVE WANTED TO HEAR , AND NONE THAT YOU DID'NT. IT WAS'NT JUST GOOD , IT WAS ? AND THE MYSTERIANS - GOOD . WHETHER IT'LL HAPPEN AGAIN , I DON'T REALLY KNOW.  

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel