Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: New good Ska Punk?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 27, 2012 4:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

So I've been listening to some 90s ska punk and was wondering if any new bands have that sound. Thanks!
    • February 15, 2012 6:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks guys!

• February 13, 2012 2:05 PM CST
    • Untitled

The Filaments are more angry punk ska (also not that new) I saw them first support the Exploited what must be 9 or 10 years ago now. But they were cool.

• February 13, 2012 2:01 PM CST
    • Untitled

I had a look at your profile (but not in a creepy way). And you come from the States so it's possible you missed the whole scene that was live in Britain during the naughties.

Capdown, King Prawn, Sonic Boom Six, Howards Alias. Sonic Boom Six are still going strong although never made it into being a very big pop band which I never understood as they always seemed so close.

• February 12, 2012 8:39 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I used to work for Radical Records. They put out a bunch of ska punk in the late 90's like Inspector 7, which was cool cause they used an organ and had a really dark sound. Radical also released a series called Oi/Skampilation which might be worth checking out if your into this kinda stuff. In my opinion the newer ska gets the suckier it gets but I have seen some interesting bands like World/Inferno Friendship Society and Tri-state Conspiracy. As for Japanese bands worth checking out, try Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra... after that there are a plethora of bands doing the ska-punk thing after the American third wave. Oi-Skall Mates would be the best bet for anyone interested in garage.

• January 31, 2012 1:17 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm not a fan of the genre , BUT , when I was in Mexico , I saw a band called Los Gorditos. They were INSANE ! I think they're pretty popular in Mexico , so finding you tubes or CDs you can order from outside of Mexico should'nt be a problem.

• January 30, 2012 9:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Checkout the Swedish band: The Liptones. They have a couple of good releases.

• January 28, 2012 4:18 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello Nick. I used to play the drums in a Ska/Punk band here in the UK called Spanner. Look for the song called Punk As Fuck on Youtube. Our LP/CD is dsitributed in North America by Insurgence records from Canada.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel