Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: have a look at those links.....it`s a problem we all have to fac

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 17, 2012 6:20 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

the topic isn`t that attractive for international media at the moment, so it`s hard to find new articles about the issue in English. In Germany they just arrested a group of Neonazis who killed several turkish fastfood restaurant owners over years.

What about extreme right wing parties in the Netherlands?

• January 16, 2012 6:10 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....and yea, the reason for the rise of extrem right wing parties might as well be the shit mainstream people got in there heads but I think another reason is, that people stop believing

in this so called democracy which is still only controlled by a diabolic economic system.

• January 16, 2012 5:53 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I´m originally from Bavaria and I know exactly what you mean. In Germany (and Austria as well) a person with e.g. turkish roots will never be seen as a German or Austrian but as Turk, no matter how long he lives there. Also in my opinian in Austria the problem with extrem right wing politics is even worse because when you speak of Nazis and Hitler usually people outside Europe don`t think of Austria. There is still alot of historical reprocessing that needs to be done here. But of course you can find also examples for that elsewhere in the world.....the Japan government still hasn`t admitted most war crimes of the second world war.

What really pisses me of, is that in Europe most people talking of their country as soooo progressiv, modern, democratic and shit. In fact it is still the same old story.

• January 16, 2012 7:03 AM CST
    • Untitled

To be honest I'm more worried about the mainstream in Europe. You're from Austria right? Is the notion of nationality similar to here in Germany? For instance a German has to be white and Christian. Black people, Turkish people, Asian people are never German even after several generations unlike in Britain where you can hear if a man is British or not.

In Italy it seems like the far right have long been in the mainstream, a few weeks ago an Italian girl lied about being raped by gypsies, and a mob attacked and burned down a trailer park. In the same week some white Italiens opened fire in a street market frequented mostly by "immigrants". Here in Germany no one gives a crap about a dead non German unless the murderer kills a pig.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel