Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Music On The Drive In To Work

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 4, 2012 11:08 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Does anyone else find it absolutely necessary to blast some music on the way into work?

I have two have two things before I get to work, some good music, and strong coffee. And if I had to choose one over the other, I'd go with music over coffee. Honestly, I pretty much need music to drive anywhere, it's my mental gasoline! 

• January 10, 2012 1:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The paper I work for was nice enough to get me an iPhone, so I often listen to GP Pirate Radio in my car via TuneIn Radio.

http://tunein.com/

• January 9, 2012 5:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Garage Punk on the mp3 player is the way to go.

• January 7, 2012 1:35 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Lazy ??? Come on Kopper, we all know here you're probably the hardest working man around !

Besides, I'm sure you know better than anyone that putting podcasts on an i-pod is easy as fuck  1-2-3 ! Just subscribe to GaragePunk Pirate Radio HERE and choose the "add to i-tunes" option.  ;) 

I have a 45-minute lonely drive just to get to work, so I'm pretty glad to turn on GaragePunk Pirate Radio and blow my mind with all those great podcasts (and a few others I confess) before and after my long boring day at work !!!

kopper said:

Yeah, I've got an iPod, too, I guess I'm just too lazy to put all the podcasts on it and bring it with me... especially for just a 15-minute drive to work. I usually just listen to our local community radio station (KDHX) or NPR. :)

• January 6, 2012 11:16 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's the same set up I use in my car, my trusty cassette adapter!

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

I do listen to GaragePunk Pirate Radio in my dirty rusty car via an old tape player (and a little grey i-pod) !!!

See, I've listened to El Tocadiscos Salvaje #7 today !!!

kopper said:

Hey, if I could figure out a way to tune into GaragePunk Pirate Radio in my car, I'd have it on all the time!

• January 5, 2012 10:45 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The hideout comps, by the way are fucking killer!

kopper said:

Yeah, I've got an iPod, too, I guess I'm just too lazy to put all the podcasts on it and bring it with me... especially for just a 15-minute drive to work. I usually just listen to our local community radio station (KDHX) or NPR. :)

• January 5, 2012 10:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

If you have mobile capabilities (I pay $10 a month) and can listen to almost anything I want streaming with no interruptions with Spotify... I never turn my music off tho... If you don't mind commercials, you can get spotify on any internet phone or connected computer for free.,, There is a lot of stuff I would never expect to find. The bands you want to hear an album from, but can't have 1 song on the hideout comps (on spotify.)

• January 5, 2012 2:24 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 5, 2012 12:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I do listen to GaragePunk Pirate Radio in my dirty rusty car via an old tape player (and a little grey i-pod) !!!

See, I've listened to El Tocadiscos Salvaje #7 today !!!

kopper said:

Hey, if I could figure out a way to tune into GaragePunk Pirate Radio in my car, I'd have it on all the time!

• January 5, 2012 11:36 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ray Klein said:

I can fit about a dozen of GP podcasts on a disc; that stays in my car's disc player always.

Mina said:

I blast music during work actually :D On my breaks, sometimes podcasts as well. :-) Yeah it's necessary, other wise I'd be cranky as hell. So first thing in the morning, coffee/tobacco/music. 

• January 5, 2012 11:35 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I can fit about a dozen of GP podcasts on a disc; that stays in my cars disc player always.

Mina said:

I blast music during work actually :D On my breaks, sometimes podcasts as well. :-) Yeah it's necessary, other wise I'd be cranky as hell. So first thing in the morning, coffee/tobacco/music. 

• January 5, 2012 10:57 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I ended up buying one of those 120G ipods to enable my ADHD music obsession! It's big enough to supply a continuous mix of music (and podcast). 

Mina said:

• January 5, 2012 10:41 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Are there no smart-phone friendly apps that would let you stream during you drive? If not, someone needs to engineer one! 

kopper said:

• January 4, 2012 12:53 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel