Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Heavy Rebel

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 26, 2011 8:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Who else has made it down to Heavy Rebel in Winston-Salem? My old band played there the last few years and I've always wanted to take my Model A down, but it's a 7 hour drive and having to haul gear as well makes it a dilemma. If we don't get on the lineup this year, I may drive it down. It's a great weekend of Music and Rods!

www.heavyrebel.net

• December 27, 2011 6:29 AM CST
    • Untitled

The weekend AFTER? Yes, now I'm seeing the possibilities!

El Rey said:

Joey, this year may be easier for you as it's the weekend after the 4th! Dave does a great job with this fest and it seems to get better every year. Gotta love a festival where the more PBR cans that are thrown at you while your playing, the better! 

• December 26, 2011 9:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Joey, this year may be easier for you as it's the weekend after the 4th! Dave does a great job with this fest and it seems to get better every year. Gotta love a festival where the more PBR cans that are thrown at you while your playing, the better! 

• December 26, 2011 9:06 PM CST
    • Untitled

I've always wanted to go, especially since I'm only a two hour drive away from there, BUT it's always on the Fourth of July weekend. Being a family man, there's always all kinds of shit that goes on, so I never get to go. My former co-host of my old podcast went down with his girlfriend and had a blast. My boss (who's a rat rod fanatic) also went for one day and raved about the music and the cars. I've checked out the band rosters for years past, and given the amount of musical acquaintances I've made over the past several years, I know I would be among some good pals if I ever went. I know the event is co-organized by Dave Quick, who also puts on Elvisfest in Chapel Hill every year (which I had planned to go, but now that's fallen through). I may try and hit Cash Bash in Winston-Salem in February, which usually has many of the same bands that perform at all these events.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel