Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Get any good records for Christmas?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 26, 2011 9:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I love my new The Feeling of Love album.  What did you get for Christmas?

• December 28, 2011 6:14 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Sevens were a great band from Switzerland!!! Enjoy it.

• December 27, 2011 9:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Nuggets box is pretty bitchin', I must say.  Why did I wait so long to buy this?  There's a number of familiar tunes plus a bunch of great songs I'm hearing for the first time. You're right, it's certainly convenient to have them all collected in one place, although perhaps that takes away some of the fun of hunting down records.   I have no doubt I'll be picking up the other Nuggets box in the future.  Not to mention all the other 60's garage comps I want to get my hands on...

John Battles said:

You scored. I don't have that Atlantic Box set , but , let's face it , "Omlette" Ertregun could have found a kickass Soul shouter at a RAVE.  GOES W/O SAYING , THEY DID A REALLY SWEET JOB ON BOTH "NUGGETS" SETS. I MIGHT HAVE ADDED OR TAKEN AWAY TWO OR THREE SONGS , BUT , WHO CARES? It was my sincere hope that this'd turn more younger people on to 60's Garage and Psych , when a College student asked me if I recommended the first one. I could have said , "If you have to ask...." , but , instead , I told him , you guys are so lucky you can get a collection like this , today. When I was his age , you could find a lot of those songs , but , only song by song and album by album , often with crappy sound and more filler than we'd prefer. But , I'm not meeting many people that are into this music at all , except  here at The Hideout. It's funny , when "Kicks" was in full swing , and The Cramps came thru ever few years , and we had Wax Trax Records here in Chicago (The store , not the label.), I met people like some of you , all the time.

Joe said:

I got not one, but two Rhino Records boxed sets:  NUGGETS (amazing!) and the eight-volume Atlantic R&B 1947-74 boxed set (haven't listened yet, but with Otis Redding, Laverne Baker, Solomon Burke et al. you can't really go wrong).  

• December 27, 2011 6:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You scored. I don't have that Atlantic Box set , but , let's face it , "Omlette" Ertregun could have found a kickass Soul shouter at a RAVE.  GOES W/O SAYING , THEY DID A REALLY SWEET JOB ON BOTH "NUGGETS" SETS. I MIGHT HAVE ADDED OR TAKEN AWAY TWO OR THREE SONGS , BUT , WHO CARES? It was my sincere hope that this'd turn more younger people on to 60's Garage and Psych , when a College student asked me if I recommended the first one. I could have said , "If you have to ask...." , but , instead , I told him , you guys are so lucky you can get a collection like this , today. When I was his age , you could find a lot of those songs , but , only song by song and album by album , often with crappy sound and more filler than we'd prefer. But , I'm not meeting many people that are into this music at all , except  here at The Hideout. It's funny , when "Kicks" was in full swing , and The Cramps came thru ever few years , and we had Wax Trax Records here in Chicago (The store , not the label.), I met people like some of you , all the time.

Joe said:

I got not one, but two Rhino Records boxed sets:  NUGGETS (amazing!) and the eight-volume Atlantic R&B 1947-74 boxed set (haven't listened yet, but with Otis Redding, Laverne Baker, Solomon Burke et al. you can't really go wrong).  

• December 27, 2011 5:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just got that LP too! It has been one good listen....check back next week and we'll see how I'm feeling about it.

Alison said:

That Acid Baby Jesus LP is one of my favorites of the year. 

Guillaume Monchaux said:

I got the Acid Baby Jesus LP and  the Magnetix "Drogue Electrique" LP. It was a very good Christmas.

• December 27, 2011 10:04 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Seriously?  I have only seen that record in one store and it was super expensive.  I am so jealous.

The Ultimatemost High said:

Bo Diddley's Beach Party!!!

• December 27, 2011 9:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I had to...

• December 27, 2011 9:31 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I got this record by legendary heavy rock group from Iceland called HAM. I think nobody on this forum likes it hahahaha.

• December 27, 2011 8:16 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bo Diddley's Beach Party!!!

• December 27, 2011 6:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 27, 2011 6:45 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

2 beauties from my GF......thanx Faby :)

• December 27, 2011 1:22 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No music this year...just Keef's book 'Life' and enough bottles of brandy and Jack to keep me pished till way into February.

• December 26, 2011 8:53 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 26, 2011 7:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Woohoo!

John Battles said:

Got a lot of Norton booty - The new Figures of Light LP , "Drop Dead"(Recommended.). The new Dave "Baby" Cortez (W/Lonnie Younglood and Mick Collins.) LP (TWICE AS RECOMMENDED), The Adny Shernoff/Dave "Baby" Cortez Stones single , The Ltd. ed. Bloodshot Bill 45 , Non - Norton swag - A 3 LP SPIKE JONES LIVE RADIO SET. The self - produced fine as wine live LP by The Alarm Clocks , THE VERY GOOD - BUT - WE - NEED - MORE - GERRY AND "THE WITCH " AND "HE'S WAITIN" LIVE SONICS 10"....That's more than I deserve , already.

• December 26, 2011 7:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

That Acid Baby Jesus LP is one of my favorites of the year. 

Guillaume Monchaux said:

I got the Acid Baby Jesus LP and  the Magnetix "Drogue Electrique" LP. It was a very good Christmas.

• December 26, 2011 1:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Got a lot of Norton booty - The new Figures of Light LP , "Drop Dead"(Recommended.). The new Dave "Baby" Cortez (W/Lonnie Younglood and Mick Collins.) LP (TWICE AS RECOMMENDED), The Adny Shernoff/Dave "Baby" Cortez Stones single , The Ltd. ed. Bloodshot Bill 45 , Non - Norton swag - A 3 LP SPIKE JONES LIVE RADIO SET. The self - produced fine as wine live LP by The Alarm Clocks , THE VERY GOOD - BUT - WE - NEED - MORE - GERRY AND "THE WITCH " AND "HE'S WAITIN" LIVE SONICS 10"....That's more than I deserve , already.

• December 26, 2011 1:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel