Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Great Punk Quotes

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 27, 2012 10:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Not as controversial as what I THOUGHT it said, and I was'nt alone (See "Frequently mISHEARD LYRICS)....."hANG ON tO yOURSELF" WAS A BLUEPRINT FOR tHE RAMONES AND THE uk Punk bands. Glen Matlock admitted he got the riffs to "Anarchy in The UK " FRoM "hANG ON tO yOURSELF" and "Fire Brigade" by The Move.  Heavy Cochran.
      Andy Climax said:

Well she's a tongue twisting storm, she will come to the show tonight
      Praying to the light machine: David Bowie, Hang on to Yourself.

Maybe a bit controversial here, but i love Bowie

• December 27, 2012 10:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You must understand , Question Mark's ego is in overdrive. He loves to takeshots at better - known performers , like calling Justin Bieber "Justin Beaver" or Lady GaGa "Lady Caca"!

But , I think he and Iggy are on good enough terms , but , when he does a cover , he has to tell you why and how he gave in more "Attitude".....Like , when he did "Don't Give it Up , Now" , and he drops an "F" Bomb.....Jeff Connolly could have done the same , but "?" can take those words that are no longer shocking , and give 'em some venom....Iggy , did , after all , learn from the best - Question Mark , Mitch Ryder , Non - suck Bob Seger, and Scott Morgan , before he arrived at his own thing , that ATTITOOD !  

• December 27, 2012 9:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I´m with QM.... but Iggy has not Attitude? which year did he said that? No comprendo!! ?

John Battles said:

"When I did "Girl (You Captivate Me)" , I changed the words to "Girl , You MASTURBATE Me " , because everyone was havin' love songs , and life is a little more REAL than that. When I did "Loose" by The Stooges , I changed it from "I'm burnin' to you , straight from Hell" to "I'm FUCKIN' to you , straight from Hell." , bacause , you got to give it that ATTITUDE , and Iggy ain't got no attitude !!!". Question Mark.

• December 27, 2012 9:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I like this one, alot!!
      thanx Henry!

dave said:

Henry Rollins

As long as I tell the truth I feel that nobody can touch me.

• December 27, 2012 6:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well she's a tongue twisting storm, she will come to the show tonight
      Praying to the light machine: David Bowie, Hang on to Yourself.

Maybe a bit controversial here, but i love Bowie

• December 25, 2012 3:41 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"If critics bought records , we'd be HUGE !" John Doe , X.

(Note: I have to buy the majority of the records , CDs and DVDs I review , but , in his case , Doe was right. John. ).

"Man , I played , one time with this band called Germs. They busted bottles and glass and shit on stage ! I personally took a broom and swept that shit UP ! Then , I did "Orange Skies" , and got down to some MUSIC !"  Arthur Lee (As told to John Battles.).

"We did this show at The Coconut Grove , with The  Buffalo Springfield and some other bands , but ,  The Beatles were in the audience , The Mamas and The Papas , and The Monkees were there , too. Davey Jones came up to me , and said "How'd you get so TALL?". I WAS 6 FOOT 3 (MY GOD , HE'S AT LEAST 6'6" , NOW.) , and he was pusing 3' 8" , at the time , and he's going "How'd you get so TALL?!!".  Dave Aguilar , The Chocolate Watchband (As told to John Battles.)

• December 18, 2012 11:16 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

From the Inmates' track "Fakirs and Thieves," likely from either 1966 or 1967:

"Columbus was wrong; the world is square.
       We're traveling in space, but we're going nowhere."

• December 15, 2012 3:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"I used to collect Stones picture sleeves. I've got all I need ,now. Picture sleeves are for CHILDREN."    Roy Loney.

• December 15, 2012 1:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

the Birthday Party do a crackin version of 'Loose'. Peel Session

dave said:

Oh, I know it's both real and tongue-in-cheek, but, like ya said, "the sheer hilariousness of such a statement is a reflection of a Rock ego". Who else would remake Suicide's 'Cheree' and make it sound as good?

• December 15, 2012 1:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

MEEEEAT! Grink of Meat (Ren and Stimpy) Classic Punx!

• December 11, 2012 8:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Think of a world where ART is the only motivation."
      Rob Tyner , Liner notes , "High Time". 
      dave said:

The music Business doesn't particulary like anything to be desperately dangerous. Popular taste is, ultimately, very conventional. And if you don't slot into that category, then you will find it fairly hard to survive in the music business.

- Geoffrey Haslam, producer, the MC5's High Time

• December 11, 2012 8:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YEAH. I know a lot of people don't like that song , but it's as much a descendant of "Louie Louie" as any of 'em. Plus , "?" DROPPED THE NAME "CHERIE" IN THE STILL - UNRELEASED SONG "( Let's Have a ) Party" , which has been in the band's set for more than 15 years.

THEIR NEW STUDIO ALBUM IS STILL SUPPOSED TO BE ON IT'S WAY......LET'S HOPE.

• December 11, 2012 1:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh, I know it's both real and tongue-in-cheek, but, like ya said, "the sheer hilariousness of such a statement is a reflection of a Rock ego". Who else would remake Suicide's 'Cheree' and make it sound as good?

• December 11, 2012 1:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND , This is Question Mark talking......Question Mark wrote the book on attitude , and Iggy read it until it was dog - eared. I think "?" admires Iggy , but , the sheer hilariousness of such a statement is a reflection of a Rock ego , comparable to Little Richard or Jerry Lee Lewis , that's part and parcel of the all - around entertainer. You have to love it.

• December 11, 2012 1:06 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Iggy. Ain't. Got. No. Attitude. Does-not-compute. Bzzzzt [reset]

• December 10, 2012 9:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"The musical imagination is the only thing that knows no bounds. Unless you're talking about art , paintings and stuff...." Joey Ramone.

"Punk Rock just means wanting to see the system change. Elvis did it in the 50's." Sky Saxon.

"When I did "Girl (You Captivate Me)" , I changed the words to "Girl , You MASTURBATE Me " , because everyone was havin' love songs , and life is a little more REAL than that. When I did "Loose" by The Stooges , I changed it from "I'm burnin' to you , straight from Hell" to "I'm FUCKIN' to you , straight from Hell." , bacause , you got to give it that ATTITUDE , and Iggy ain't got no attitude !!!". Question Mark.

" Sam Lay , from The Butterfield Blues Band , was the first person I looked up when I moved to Chicago. He taught me how to play the drums." Iggy Pop.

" I LIKED the kid , but , I never gave him a lesson in my life !" Sam Lay.

"We tried to find John Lennon and get him back into the scene. I mean , what the fuck is Lennon doing , farming cows in Upstate New York?!"   Keith Richard.

• December 5, 2012 5:24 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Come on ! What is this uptight , obnoxious nonsense ! Let's cook ! What are you getting all ATTITOODICAL about ? Buncha macho motherfuckers ! Big shit ! Let's ROCK OUT ! We know ya both got COCKS !"- David Johansen , trying to resolve an argument in the studio .

Sylvain Sylvain : Why , you little faggot !

David Johansen : WHAT...DID ...YOU ...CALL ME?!!-

Syl: I called ya a faggot.

David : OH ! That's OK , I THOUGHT YOU SAID I WAS FAT ! 

(On stage in Chicago , and , probably , every stop on that tour.)'.

LISTEN , AMERICA. WE GOT SOMETHIN' TO SAY ! WE'RE UP HERE , BUGGIN' , BABY ! ANYBODY THAT'S GOT SOMETHIN' TO SAY , FAR AS CRITICISM IS CONCERNED......WE'RE GONNA SENSE YA A BIG OL' BOX OF SHIT !! PUT IT IN A CANDY BOX , AND SAY , " DEAR WHOEVER....EAT SHIT !!".  Don't fuck with us ,sweeties.     DAVID JOHANSEN , "Looking For a Kiss " documentary.

"WHO AH DESE GUYS? DEY LOOK PRETTY OUTRAGEOUS !"  Buster Poindexter, upon being presented with a New York Dolls LP to sign.

melissa scott said:

"Playiing music is the best thing in the world. It makes show business almost bearable."

David Johansen, NYDolls

• December 5, 2012 5:10 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

'Everyone's talking about "Back in the day" . Did'nt We Ever Have NIGHT?"  Art Fein , Former Cramps Producer , Host - "Art Fein's Poker Party" (LA Cable Access.).

Dan Lansing said:

"Punk should destroy memories...not create them. This 'back-in-the-day' stuff is garbage." --Greg Ginn

• December 2, 2012 4:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The music Business doesn't particulary like anything to be desperately dangerous. Popular taste is, ultimately, very conventional. And if you don't slot into that category, then you will find it fairly hard to survive in the music business.

- Geoffrey Haslam, producer, the MC5's High Time

• June 7, 2012 7:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Indie rock is the worst thing that white civilization has ever produced, and that includes racism, imperialism, and mayonnaise." -Jim Goad

"I'm not dead, but I'm working on it..." -Jeff "Monoman" Conolly

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• May 28, 2012 1:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That kicks ass.

Hi Class Joes said:

Punk friend in Dusseldorf turned 40 a few years back. His mates made him a jacket with a patch on the back saying ' Too old to die young'.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• May 28, 2012 1:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Punk friend in Dusseldorf turned 40 a few years back. His mates made him a jacket with a patch on the back saying ' Too old to die young'.

• May 27, 2012 8:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

From We Never Learn:

"I went to the van to change my shirt, and the van had been broken into. So I went fucking completely apeshit. I went back in and started throwing shit, walking around all covered in sweat, threatening people with a screwdriver, "Where the fuck is my Walkman?" So they took me back to the hotel to chill out, and Tim [Warren] was missing. He was fucking a disco square."
      - Mike Mariconda (Raunch Hands)

• May 22, 2012 11:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This isn’t a woman’s dress, this is a man’s dress.
      —Iggy Pop, circa 1971.

You can't feed strawberries to pigs.-Lou Reed on the negative reaction to Metal Machine Music

See, them at the hospital, they tried to keep me in there but they didn't realize my power. How could they?-Roky Erickson

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel