Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Take a Bite of The Big Enchilada Podcast

Back To Topics
    (1 rate)
    • December 18, 2011 6:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Take a bite of The Big Enchilada

Hey podlubbers, if you haven't already checked out The Big Enchilada podcast, I'd like to invite you all to do so. Listen to the latest episode on the above player.

I'm just a rock 'n' roll grandpappy, public radio DJ disguised as a mild-mannered reporter from Santa Fe, N.M. My mission every month is to provide you, the listener, with the finest hour of crazy garage rock, wild R&B, rollicking hillbilly madness and gutbucket blues you can find anywhere in cyberspace.

I've been digging these sounds since before some of you young whippersnappers were even born, so get off of my lawn and into my podcast.

You can find all my playlists, etc. on my Hideout blog: CLICK HERE.

You can let me crawl into your computer once a month by subscribing to the show: CLICK  HERE

You can join me on Facebook where I frequently add videos and other fun stuff: CLICK HERE (Like me! Please, like me!)

And I even have a FLICKR page with all my podcast art (all from tacky photos I've taken myself.) CLICK HERE

So treat yourself to a BIG ENCHILADA

This post was edited by swt at March 2, 2017 8:38 AM CST
    • February 9, 2014 2:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The new episode of The Big Enchilada features nothing but music from my home state of New Mexico, the  land of roadrunners, sopapillas and crashing flying saucers. I play everything from the '60s to the present, from Raton to Las Cruces.

You can find it HERE

This post was edited by swt at February 9, 2014 2:14 PM CST
    • March 23, 2014 12:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes indeed, spring is here and there's a new Big Enchilada blooming. Lots of new material by by The Black Lips, Scott H. Biram, Figures of Light, J.J. & The Real Jerks, The Beatpack, Future Primitives Billy Joe Winghead and more.

Plus a set of crazy polka! Check it out HERE

• April 21, 2014 11:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The catfish are jumpin' and the hillbillies are high here at the Big Enchilada. We're going down to the fishin' hole .Enjoy this new crop of musical hillbilly madness. We got yer Junior Brown, we got your Possessed by Paul James, we got your Dale Watson, your Dave Van Ronk and all sorts of the country music that Nashville does NOT want you to hear. 

CHECK IT OUT!  http://garagepunk.com/blogs/6614/5732/big-enchilada-71-hillbilly-fish

This post was edited by swt at April 21, 2014 11:27 PM CDT
    • May 17, 2014 2:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Goodness Gussie! The new Big Enchilada is up, springing from the hallowed ground of Crazy town like some sonic dandelion. Lots of wild tunes from all over the world including Africa, Japan, Peru, Spain, Germany and Italy plus some bands that haunt the Hideout like Lisa Doll and Rock 'n' Roll Romance, The Marshmallo Overcoat and Kong Fuzi and cut the cards,roll the dice, if it ain't that old Chuck E. Weiss.

You can fnd it right here on my Hideout blog 

This post was edited by swt at May 17, 2014 2:01 PM CDT
    • June 23, 2014 11:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's a little late but it was worth the wait

Check out the latest Big Enchilada episode,"Canteen Dance."

It's a crazy rocker of a show featuring new sounds from Norton Record plus new soungs from some of my longtime Hideout faves like The Electric Mess and The Manxx. There's even a never-before-released Joe Meeks song from The Compressions, the latest project by mad genious Billy Bill Miller (Roky Erikson's Aliens, Cold Sun, etc.)

And if that's not enough, there's a set of Celt-punk sounds from all over the world guaranteed to smack you on the head like a hundred-pound shillelagh.

This post was edited by swt at June 23, 2014 11:50 PM CDT
    • July 22, 2014 1:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's Family Fun Nite at The Big Enchilada! Check out the latest episode, a fun-filled hour of wholesome musical entertainment and laffs a plenty for responsible citizens like YOU!

Find it HERE: http://www.garagepunk.com/blogs/6614/5816/big-enchilada-74-family-fun-nite

This post was edited by swt at July 22, 2014 1:55 PM CDT
    • August 18, 2014 5:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's the August 2014 episode Varmint Symphony. It's a hillbilly spectacular featuring raw animal country, rockabilly, bluesgrass, blues, country swing, cowpunk and other sounds to tickle your innards. Featuring songs by Billy Joe Shaver, Dale Watson, Ronnie Dawson, Angry Johnny & The Killbillies, Holly Golightly and more

Have fun, but don't let the possums get in your underwear drawer.

Find it HERE

Or just download it HERE

• September 26, 2014 11:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Great way to start the weekend ... or anytime. A new Big Enchilada. 

This has to be my most rocking podcast episode ... maybe ever. You can't sit down! With Ty Segall, Benjamin Booker, Bunker Hill, The Mobbs, Audio Kings of the Third World, King Salami, Churchwood and more

It's right here: http://www.garagepunk.com/blogs/6614/5877/big-enchilada-76-dance-hall-of-the-dark-dimension

This post was edited by swt at November 17, 2014 11:26 AM CST
    • November 17, 2014 11:20 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Just in time for Thanksgiving it's time to count your Sonic Blessings on The Big Enchilada. It's an hour of crazy rock 'n' roll, including a lot of wild, stomping  blues-based sounds.

This month's show has songs by John Schooley, Kim Fowley, The Bloodhounds, The Jim Jones Revue, The Buzzcocks, Boss Hog, Legendary Stardust Cowboy and more -- plus tunes from Hideout denizens including The Distrotionists, The Blue Giant Zeta Puppies and The Shangri Blahs. 

Gather together to give thanks for the music.

BIG ENCHILADA 78: Sonic Blessings by Steve Terrell on Mixcloud

This post was edited by swt at November 17, 2014 11:29 AM CST
    • December 14, 2014 1:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The new 2014 Christmas Special is up now on my Hideout blog 

Enjoy some magical Christmas sounds from The Reigning Sound, The Chesterfield Kings, Das Black Milk, The Polkaholics, Jonny Manak, Deep Sombreros, Joseph Spence, Linn & Linda, Jim Terr, Snoop Dogg and so much more.

• December 15, 2014 1:39 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

GREAT SHOW , STEVE !

I'll be seeing Chris from The Polkaholics on Tuesday , probably , I'll tell him you played "Yahkov" (sic) , tho' he is'nt on that track. Polkaholics now probably have their best lineup EVER , with Chris Linster , of the late , great King Vitamin aka Giant , a former stand - in , now full - time , Bassist , and the return of Action Jackson on Drums. Their NYE show , at the majestic Dank Haus Ballroom, is always a good time , even tho' the squares have found out about it.

BTW - "WEN - SESS - LAS".   Have a good week ,  JOHN.

• January 11, 2015 1:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Big Enchilada is your friend. It's not like the others.

And this is the friendliest episode ever of the friendliest podcast around. You'd trust your car key to this epiode. It's got a new song by The Grannies, plus bitchen tunes from Ty Segal, Pere Ubu, Thee Oh Sees, The Electric Mess, Deke Dickerson & The Trashmen, Churchwood, The Bluebonnets, John Schooley, Johnny Dowd and so much more. Extend a hand of friendship nd check it out  HERE 

This post was edited by swt at January 11, 2015 2:01 AM CST
    • February 18, 2015 12:08 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Hoppin' horny toads, the new Big Enchilada podcast episode is up and it's a hillbilly delight. sounds fromHear some crazed backwoods from J.D. Wilkes & The Dirtdaubers, Slackeye Slim, Stevie Tombstone, Slackeye Slim, Jason of the Scorchers,  The Waco Brothers, Austin Lounge Lizards and more. 

Find the magic here: http://www.garagepunk.com/blogs/6614/5980/big-enchilada-81-hoppin-horny-toads

• March 29, 2015 12:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

The new Big Enchilada episode is here (actually HERE) and it's a Stone Age doozy. Better Caves & Gardens is pure pre-hisotric craziness, with tunes from The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (from the new album!), Barrence Whitfield, Los Peyotes, Mojo JuJu, The Dickies, Quintron & Miss Pussycat, Gregg Turner's Blood-Drained Cows and more  So party like it's One Million BC! 

• April 26, 2015 7:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Hey Hideout clowns!

Check out my latest Big Enchilada episode, Just Clownin' Around, featuring music by Reverend Beat-Man, The Sonics The Mekons, The Gun Club, T.Tex Edwards, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Daddy Longlegs, Nobunny, Harmonica Lewinski and more. CLICK HERE

• June 29, 2015 10:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Welcome to the latest episode of The Big Enchilada, "Redneck Palace," where rednecks, hillbillies, country bumpkins, hicks, white trash and trash of any color are treated like royalty. Enjoy crazy country sounds old and new.

Check it out HERE

• July 26, 2015 9:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Check out the new junked-up Big Enchilada

This one's really a rocker, featuring trashy tunes by Barrence Whitfield, The Sonics, Thee Oh Sees, T-Model Ford, G.G. Allin, The Angry Samoans, The Grannies, Frontier Circus, Crankshaft & The Geargrinders, The Routes and Butch Hancock, with the song that inspired the name of this episode.

Check it out HERE. And while you're at it, SUBSCRIBE!

• September 3, 2015 9:28 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

BIG ENCHILADA 87: FADING SONGS OF SUMMER

The new episode is up with songs by Rudy Grayzell, Holly Golightly, The Dirtbombs, Simon Stokes Ty Segall, Churchwood, Social Distortion, Thee Headcoats, Peach Kelli Pop and more.

Read all about it HERE

• October 1, 2015 10:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Check out the new hillbilly episode, The Cow int eh Window

Yes, it's Big Enchilada time again. Catfish are jumpin' and the hillbillies are high.

This new episode features a set of songs by authentic chile-fed New Mexico pickers. Don't miss it 

http://www.garagepunk.com/blogs/6614/6057/big-enchilada-88-the-cow-in-the-window

• October 21, 2015 10:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Boo!

Yes it's Halloween again, which means it's the anniversary of The Big Enchilada podcast! I started this silly thing in 2008 and now I have 8 Spooktacular episodes under my proverbial belt.

This ones's a good one with songs by Roky Erikson, The Nekromantix, Angry Johnny & The Killbillies, Kay Martin, plus lots of bands I've met through this Hideout of ours ... Horror Deluxe, The Blue Giant Zeta Puppies, Fire Bad!, The Nevermores and more. Check out the entire playlist HERE.

Have a safe holiday and don't take any razor blades in your apples!

BIG ENCHILADA 89: Spooktacular 2015 by Steve Terrell on Mixcloud

• October 23, 2015 4:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Steve , I tried , unsucessfully , to bring this up , earlier. It's the computer , not you (But , you knew that.). WE'LL TRY TO LISTEN TO IT , LATER....Roky is playing Hallowe'en in San Francisco. HE PLAYED HERE , ONCE , ON THE HIGH HOLIDAY. John.

• November 28, 2015 2:55 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Boogie with The Android Babies

That's right a new Big Enchilada podcast episode is here: The Android Baby Boogie

There is a set featuring a tribute to The Seeds (and their new documentary Pushin' Too Hard); there is an "Around the World in a Daze" set of rocking songs from around the word; and a basic set of (mostly) new songs by Jello Biafra, Acid Baby Jesus, The Vagoos, J.J. & The Real Jerks and more.

So make the android babies boogie and take a bite of this delicious Big Enchilada!

BIG ENCHILADA 90: Android Baby Boogie by Steve Terrell on Mixcloud

This post was edited by swt at November 28, 2015 2:56 PM CST

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel