Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Free Reigning Sound Album Download

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 5, 2011 7:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Very cool... many thanks...

• December 5, 2011 8:02 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I bet the car company itself has very little to do with it. It's marketing, and whoever their marketing agency is (I think it's ATTIK or Rogers and Cowan) most likely came up with the whole plan/strategy to conquer the young, trendsetting hipster market (think 18-24 year olds) by getting them involved with Vice, and Vice just happens to be vesting a lot of promotion into garage rock these days. Scion has done some pretty unique things in marketing its brand that other car makers haven't tried. Watch the video on this article to see what I mean.

About Scion

Scion, from Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., was developed with a new generation of youthful buyers in mind.  Scion's mission is to provide distinctive products, the opportunity to personalize, and an innovative, consumer-driven process at the retail level.  The Scion brand features three ground-breaking models with a wide array of standard features: the xD urban subcompact five-door, the iconic xB urban utility vehicle, and the tC sports coupe.  The brand often applies new practices in all aspects of its business and pushes the creativity envelope with non-traditional advertising and marketing to engage young consumers. For more information, visit www.scion.com.

joey fuckup said:

Yep, downloaded mine a couple of weeks ago...Ha, sorry I didn't post something about it on here (Thanks Steve). There's also a free download from King Khan on there too! I was really impressed with Scion's music site, but honestly haven't had the time to check out their online 'zine. Very cool (and odd) that a car company would put this much effort and support into music, though, but I'm not complaining at all! Hopefully I'll make one of their garage musicfests one day (granted they continue to do one every year).

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• December 4, 2011 11:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

King Khan! Fuck a duck, I'm downloading now!

I've posted in here before that I saw a free Scion show in New York last year -- Kid Congo Powers with Hux & His Punx. The weird thing is, I'd just bought my airplane tickets when I got this email hyping the show.

(Here's a video from that.

I think the person who taped this was standing just to my left)

• December 4, 2011 10:37 AM CST
    • Untitled

Yep, downloaded mine a couple of weeks ago...Ha, sorry I didn't post something about it on here (Thanks Steve). There's also a free download from King Khan on there too! I was really impressed with Scion's music site, but honestly haven't had the time to check out their online 'zine. Very cool (and odd) that a car company would put this much effort and support into music, though, but I'm not complaining at all! Hopefully I'll make one of their garage musicfests one day (granted they continue to do one every year).

• December 4, 2011 6:01 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

So good. Listened to Watching My baby straight away, always loved that song. Fuck it, the guy can do no wrong.

• December 3, 2011 10:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

.....Wow...really great tunes! Thanks Steve! I'm a big fan of this band. To me they are the modern-day Lyres!

• December 3, 2011 9:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OMFG!!! Clicking the shit out of my click device now!!!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel