Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: cramps' tune in volkswagen commercial

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 4, 2011 6:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It is , but that's what I thought when I first heard Link Wray ,The Buzzcocks , of course , The Ramones , then , later still , The Stooges and even the monks and The 13th Floor Elevators in TV commercials. It has'nt changed my view on the music , and , if the artists are getting their due royalties , I'm all for it. It's a pretty sure - fired bet that Poison Ivy does'nt have a big , sweet retirement package to sit on (Though , of course , I hope she has yet to retire.) , so opportunities like these should'nt be scoffed at as "Sellouts" , unless the artist can afford to refuse them , in which case , they've probably already sold out , anyway.   I remember Jello Biafra bellyaching over the over - saturation of "Blitzkrieg Bop" in TV commercials , saying he does'nt know if he can ever listen to the song , again. Seems to me "Holiday in Cambodia" was in a Nike commercial , or something similarly reprehensible....Not that I blamed the monks for doing  it , not that I'd blame him , either.    But , really...... I think both " I Was a Teenage Werewolf " AND "I'm Cramped" are in separate ads. I heard one , I could swear , and saw the other....This is where the Advertising Industry is taking us , because we have younger people , some with hipper tastes , visualizing on TV , music that could'nt even get on late night radio in many markets , when it was new....Of course , if I'd got that Advertising degree I originally shot for , who knows? Might have happened sooner.
    • November 4, 2011 6:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Someone in the advertising business obviously has real cool taste in music!!! Too bad there isn't an alternate version with the lyrics.
    • November 4, 2011 5:58 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think its hilarious that they chose "I'm Cramped " for a car commercial.... I like roomy cars.
    • November 4, 2011 5:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

>=oO that should not be
    • November 4, 2011 4:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Found it! Pretty cool, but it'd been cooler if they'd used some of the vocals, too...

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel