Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Two of My Heroes

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 4, 2011 12:25 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Roger Miller and Johnny Cash doing some serious fucking around.

• June 14, 2012 1:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That was Kate Moss Johnny buried ? Gotta love it. Johnny recorded "Deliah's Gone" three times.I HAVE AN ALBUM WITH ONE OF THE EARLIER VERSIONS...The lyrics are not as extreme. i ADMIT , i LOVE THOSE AMERICAN RECORDS , NOT SO MUCH THE ONE WITH tom petty...It's hard for me to listen to the last couple , because the man was dying. But , when I'm in the mood , I will. I saw Johnny when "Cash" had just come out , and it was really cool to hear him do some of those songs , solo. My Brother and Sister-in-Law and I SAT WITH AN 80 year old lady who'd been going to see Johnny since the 60's , which was SO cool. She said " I have'nt heard the new album yet , but I hear it's so personal". That sums it up .After the show Johnny literally walked thru the crowded lobby and into the street , no entourage , just walked through the people , because he knew he could get respect , and not be crowded. He got into  a cab , not a limo , and off he  party went.

• November 4, 2011 11:42 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Actually I agree somewhat about the Rick Rubin stuff. There were some jewels there, but, especially in the later volumes, there was lots of snooze. (One of the worst things he ever recorded was "Bridge Over Troubled Water" with Fiona Apple. Barf!)

And I liked his original recording of the old murder ballad "Deliah" back in the 60s a lot more than the unplugged 90s version with the Kate Moss video.

Roger was God.

• November 4, 2011 11:24 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Really dig these guys myself, ESPECIALLY Roger Miller! And who can argue on your Cash claim? I especially love his '50's rockabilly and '60's tunes. Early '70's were fine, but after that, I didn't have too much of an interest in his musical career. And I may ruffle feathers here, but I just wasn't a fan of his "American" series of recordings produced by Rick Rubin. I'm not saying they're bad, it's just a matter of personal taste. So many people seem to they were the greatest albums of his career, and maybe they are, and I'm just missing something?

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel