Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Elvisfest 2012

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 29, 2011 10:52 AM CDT
    • Untitled

For those of you who don't know, this is an annual musicfest held in Chapel Hill, NC that celebrates the birthday of Elvis Presley. Organized by Dave Quick (co-conspirator of the Heavy Rebel Weekender event), it will be held on January 6 and 7 at the University Inn, and scheduled to perform are: Reverend D-Ray & the Shockers, the Cogburns, Dusty Booze & the Baby Haters, Mad Tea Party, TCB '56, Kelley & the Cowboys, April Mae & the June Bugs, Tiger! Tiger!, the Straight 8's, Delco Nightingale, Alvis, Curtis Eller's American Circus, Gojira-X, the Malamondos, and Kitty Box & the Johnnies. It's a very good possibility that more bands will be added, but that's the latest up-to-date list. If all goes well, I will be heading down to revel in plenty of cheap beer and fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches (not together)! I was curious to see if any of you guys here on the Hideout were going (thinking about going?), because it would be great to meet some of you.

The website is in sore need of an updating, but here's the link if you care to check it out anyway (and see who played LAST YEAR): http://elvisfest.loserville.net/

Not sure why, but it seems the only recent and accurate info for the 2012 event is on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elvisfest/142161365795488?sk=wall#!/pages/Elvisfest/142161365795488?sk=wall 

Click to show "Elvis Presley" result 6

• December 22, 2011 9:09 AM CST
    • Untitled

Oh wow, so do I! Love you guys, and I've wanted to catch you live for a long time! I'm keepin' my fingers crossed that I'll make it!

Van Serpico said:

Well, Joey, speaking as a member of The Malamondos, I hope you make it!

• December 21, 2011 11:16 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well, Joey, speaking as a member of The Malamondos, I hope you make it!

• October 29, 2011 11:49 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Awesome! I haven't seen any of these bands live before, but one that stands out I'd like to see are the Malamondos. I dig the Straight 8's who are rockabilly and have quite a strong following down in N. Carolina. Gojira-X and Mad Tea Party are also a couple I'd like to check out. Some of the others, I'm not too familiar with...Well, hope it pans out for you AND me!

Christopher Dana Lynn said:
      Would like to go & see my old friend DQ! Saw Tiger! Tiger! recently & they are awesome. I'm sure the rest are too. It coincides with our annual return trip from NY to Bamalama land, so there's a chance!
    • October 29, 2011 11:06 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Would like to go & see my old friend DQ! Saw Tiger! Tiger! recently & they are awesome. I'm sure the rest are too. It coincides with our annual return trip from NY to Bamalama land, so there's a chance!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel