Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Zorch Radio - Psychotronic Rock and Roll

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 25, 2011 1:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Got a live radio show on KGRG fm Auburn and Real Punk Radio airs 7pm to 10pm PST, right in between Seattle and Tacoma. The show plays nothing but psychotronic rock and roll: The first hour is the 'billy, second is usually garage punk the third is something like surf and 60's garage. The live feed is in HD, but there are lo-fi, mono recordings at www.zorchradio.com.

I just uploaded episode 70 over the weekend, which featured two hours of local music and then a re-broadcast of Gone Mental. We also replay oldies of RadiOblivion once a month. Cuz it's rad.

This week, some people that are calling in: Bill from Season of Nightmares, Danny from The Tomorrow Men, and local burlesque/model Aly Hellcat.

I'm always down for working with bands, other DJ's, promoters etc. Just hit me up. It's all non-profit, non-commercial. No money involved. Cheers.
    • January 17, 2012 2:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's some updates with www.zorchradio.com:

Recently repressed Episode 13, which was DJ Zorch's debut on the show. Most recently in episode 80, he phoned in for another guest DJ session to plug a record party in SoCal. He brought another record geek alongside of him (Astro138) and they played lots of 50's and 60's wax. RnB, Garage, Instros, Exotica kind of thing, not too much on the 'billy, though. Figured it was appropriate to bring Ep 13 back as well.

Episode 79, we gave away tickets to see a killer surf band called Thee Cormans. There's also a review posted of the gig in the brand new REVIEWS section. Soon to get fatter. There's an old post from this forum re-hashed as a review also, regarding The Curs and Dr. Bizarro's Victims. A review of a recent Reverend Horton Heat/Supersuckers gig is to be published later this week.

As far as social media is concerned, found a new site strictly devoted to beer. Cool site where you "check in" to a drink and rate them from mobile. Figured I drink enough beer that I might as well get an inch of promotion out of it. So, now you can be friends with Zorch Radio on Untappd. http://untappd.com/user/ZorchRadio

You can subscribe to the blog and podcast here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/wordpress/DQoE

• December 11, 2011 3:48 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Got two 'new' episodes squared away and a new page as well:

"ZR Exhumed Ep 57: Angie and the Car Wrecks" This is an episode that was lost in the robot abyss for a while (like EP 56), but featured an interview and live performance from local act Angie and the Car Wrecks. We also gave away tickets to a Nekromantix gig that night.

"Zorch Radio Episode 75: For Adults Only" Valentin from Rockin Psycho Records called in to talk about his California Psychobilly compilation and some upcoming releases from the label. I also found some Adult themed records on a recent wax hunt and took them out for their first real night out.

Figured things might get a bit chronologically confusing with all the old episodes being uploaded, mixed in with the new, so I set up an "Archive" tab which is a quick directory to all of the uploaded episodes. www.zorchradio.com/archive

Plus we're on Twitter now. Wa-fuggin-hoo.

www.twitter.com/zorchradio @ZorchRadio

• December 2, 2011 6:55 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Just got some more junk set up over at my homebase.

"Episode 73: All Requests" Somebody made a comment about how "calling in requests" is out of date, which triggered this idea. We opened up the phone lines and it was a lot of fun.

"Episode 74: Richard Buffer and Stan Barkozchavitz" had a special California block of psychobilly and some Jewish guy called in after playing Krewmen's version of Hava Nagila.

Plus, there was a while were I couldn't upload shows and then my computer broke. So I recently excavated the files and now an 'exhumed' episode from the summer is up, too. Episode 56 featured guest DJ Nicole DeVille, formerly of the feamle psycho act The Hatchetwounds. More of these lost episodes will be put up in the future.

All of this stuff is at www.zorchradio.com

• November 7, 2011 6:52 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just uploaded a few new episodes without breaking anything:

"Episode 71: Hallowhat?" has got Bill from Season of Nightmares, Danny from The TomorrowMen, local burlesque act Aly Hellcat, and a special guest DJ.

"Episode 72: Hot Roddin' Romeos" featured a live set from local band The Hot Roddin' Romeos. They brought their dog to the radio station, too, but I didn't nab any pics. Sorry, animal lovers.

I also put up a pic of another one of those Martha Stewart records at the site. Check it out for some background tunes while you work.

http://www.zorchradio.com
    • October 28, 2011 1:39 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Next Thursday, Nov 3rd, we've got local act The Hot Roddin' Romeo's coming in for a live performance.  We'll also be auctioning away a self-made Mad Mike record. Our station is non-profit/non-commercial, so it helps pay the station's bills.  Here's an example of one I made previously:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel