Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: what established blogs will at least listen to your music?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 18, 2011 7:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

the big time blogs throw you right into the trash without a listen or a real reply. you are unknown and therefore unworthy. everyone understands that some people are not going to think you are anything special but we would all just like a polite listen. or even an impolite listen would be fine. name your fave blogs.

• October 18, 2011 5:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

mr willy,

we did not imply that we thought that kelly's last suggestion was one for which we did not care. quite the contrary. we are very grateful that she went to all that trouble to find  for us (and we hope others here) that very helpful list of blogs. we really thought that kelly understood that. the punk stance was meant to be satirical. from now on we shall proceed with the utmost gravity. obviously this is no place to be a smidge light hearted.

Joe Willy said:

Kelly just offered you a concrete answer/tip to your original question... and your response is an attempt to be funny while implying you don't care for the suggestion, and have no gratitude for her time spent helping your band-that-needs-lots-of-help in many areas, most of all your embarrassingly weak attempts at being "jerks", as you've let everyone now know. If that image of being punk-mother fuckers is more important to you than taking advice freely offered to you, I advise you to replace the members of your band (the want-to-be jerks) with natural born assholes who don't give a fuck. Either be rude fuckers with attitude (which you're not) or don't post discussions politely asking for advice, afterwards dismissing the advice given because you've remembered you're supposed to be wearing that cracked, oversized mask full of holes.

Drink a pitcher of your band's picture & let me know how it tastes.

DEPRAVOS DE LA MOUR said:

thank you kelly. people like you make us feel bad about being what we are. if we hung around with you we could lose our jerk cred.

kelly alvarez said:
    • October 18, 2011 5:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Kelly just offered you a concrete answer/tip to your original question... and your response is an attempt to be funny while implying you don't care for the suggestion, and have no gratitude for her time spent helping your band-that-needs-lots-of-help in many areas, most of all your embarrassingly weak attempts at being "jerks", as you've let everyone now know. If that image of being punk-mother fuckers is more important to you than taking advice freely offered to you, I advise you to replace the members of your band (the want-to-be jerks) with natural born assholes who don't give a fuck. Either be rude fuckers with attitude (which you're not) or don't post discussions politely asking for advice, afterwards dismissing the advice given because you've remembered you're supposed to be wearing that cracked, oversized mask full of holes.

Drink a pitcher of your band's picture & let me know how it tastes.

DEPRAVOS DE LA MOUR said:

thank you kelly. people like you make us feel bad about being what we are. if we hung around with you we could lose our jerk cred.

kelly alvarez said:
    • October 18, 2011 1:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

we thought that everybodys pitcher clicked to their page with their music on it. but that's what we get for thoughtin'. it just ain't worth the trouble. 

we would be dead and dug in deep by the time some little steven intern got around to listening to us. we've all taken second jobs so we can afford the entrance fees for all those "opportunities" offered by reverb nation. that's the way to go!

you are very nice and shouldn't be talking to us. we used to be called The Unpleasant Jerks. thank you for the smiles.

kelly alvarez said:

Demonstrated little interest? I said I am always down to hear new bands, but as I stated earlier, for my particular blog, I only write about female-fronted bands and female musicians; I never said I wouldn’t check your band out, it’s just not something I would blog about since I have an ongoing theme going on :) Also, you didn’t let anyone know that clicking your picture would lead to your music page!! What if you sent a demo to Little Steve’s Underground Garage? I think he would play your songs on the air http://undergroundgarage.com/    

• October 18, 2011 1:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Demonstrated little interest? I said I am always down to hear new bands, but as I stated earlier, for my particular blog, I only write about female-fronted bands and female musicians; I never said I wouldn’t check your band out, it’s just not something I would blog about since I have an ongoing theme going on :) Also, you didn’t let anyone know that clicking your picture would lead to your music page!! What if you sent a demo to Little Steve’s Underground Garage? I think he would play your songs on the air http://undergroundgarage.com/    

• October 18, 2011 8:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thanks kelly but already you have demonstrated how little interest people have in listening to the unknown.

it would take a milisecond to click on our picture and hear our music. we are not a girl band but i was once beat up in the 3rd grade for being a sissy. that should count.

kelly alvarez said:

I have a music blog but I really only review/talk about girl singers and girl bands... I also promised myself to never talk badly about people/bands on my blog because I would feel like some 32 year old loser internet bully :)  I'm always down to listen to new bands, regardless if I like them or not, I just won't really write about anything I don't like them.........  undergroundgirlsblog.blogspot.com    

I do agree that people that take the time to have a music blog should at least have the decency to write you back, even if it's "hey thanks for the submission, it will be considered for review"...  I also think if you don't have loads of internet buzz surrounding your band, you're kind of just automatically swept under the rug. Maybe consider writing up a simple one sheet highlighting your band's accomplishments or just describing your sound. Sometimes people are willing to take a chance if your band sounds like bands they are more familiar with or if your band plays shows with bigger name bands they like and admire?  Good luck :-) 

• October 18, 2011 7:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have a music blog but I really only review/talk about girl singers and girl bands... I also promised myself to never talk badly about people/bands on my blog because I would feel like some 32 year old loser internet bully :)  I'm always down to listen to new bands, regardless if I like them or not, I just won't really write about anything I don't like them.........  undergroundgirlsblog.blogspot.com    

I do agree that people that take the time to have a music blog should at least have the decency to write you back, even if it's "hey thanks for the submission, it will be considered for review"...  I also think if you don't have loads of internet buzz surrounding your band, you're kind of just automatically swept under the rug. Maybe consider writing up a simple one sheet highlighting your band's accomplishments or just describing your sound. Sometimes people are willing to take a chance if your band sounds like bands they are more familiar with or if your band plays shows with bigger name bands they like and admire?  Good luck :-) 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel