Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: "Hayride To Hell" going on hiatus...

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 17, 2011 7:02 PM CDT
    • Untitled

...or getting parked. The reason being? I just don't have the free time to do a weekly show right now. Between family, work, responsibilities, "networking" (I guess) combined in with compiling music (downloading, researching, making a playlist, etc.), plus having to schedule everything around when I record, it had just become too much on my plate. Not to mention all the uploading, posting, contacting who I played, etc. It was also making it hard for me to concentrate on "40 Oz. Nonsense" by interfering with the time needed to devote to it. But, who knows? Maybe somewhere down the line when things are less hectic, I will be able to start recording more, but as of right now, that seems rather unlikely. I know there were a few members here on the Hideout that gave it a listen (and actually did like it), and I've had tremendous support and backing from people "in the scene". So to all of you that listened/subscribed/promoted this show, thank you, and maybe the "Hayride To Hell" will return sometime in the future!

• November 4, 2011 11:33 AM CDT
    • Untitled

If it interests anyone, I am going to be deleting the "Hayride" Facebook page and posting anything related to that show on my "40 Oz. Nonsense" page. It would just be easier to keep anything podcast related all under one roof, rather than give me one more thing to have to worry about maintaining and keeping updated. I already do that with the Twitter account anyway, so it only makes sense.

Here's the link for the "40 Oz. Nonsense" page: www.facebook.com/40oznonsense

• October 27, 2011 11:33 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Thanks, but I think I'm done with it (at least for a long while).
    • October 27, 2011 9:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yep, that's exactly what I wanted to say !

Mottey's Garage said:
      I know what your talking bout...looking forwardnto next one though..when ever
    • October 19, 2011 11:42 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Thanks, I appreciate that...I have one more show this week actually, and then I'll be taking a break from it. Or depending on my situation, may not be bringing it back. I have no issues with doing it monthly, but the sites that hosted it want weekly shows. And honestly, the show was a hard sale to the "underground country" scene masses. In other words, most of those in that scene want tons of Hank 3, Pantera, David Allan Coe mixed in with the marijuana leaves/Confederate flags/Pentagram engraved goat skull imagery. And since my show was way different from "the norm", they weren't into it. I think that's why a majority of my listeners were people with eclectic tastes that liked the mix I played (like Hideout members), which was perfectly fine with me.

Mottey's Garage said:
    • October 17, 2011 9:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel