Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Most SAVAGE punk bands

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 16, 2011 8:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Pagans. 'Nuff said.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• October 16, 2011 7:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Pretty damn cool, thanks. They were a band that I never really looked into.

whatwave dave said:

Lately i just can't seem to get enough DOA...saw singer Joe Shithead do an instore last week and bought the DOA book (Talk- Action=0 by Joe). They might fit what you're looking for...Vancouver punk from 1978 that is still around to this day.

• October 16, 2011 6:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Lately i just can't seem to get enough DOA...saw singer Joe Shithead do an instore last week and bought the DOA book (Talk- Action=0 by Joe). They might fit what you're looking for...Vancouver punk from 1978 that is still around to this day.

• October 16, 2011 6:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Well, I guess I'll have to check them out now. Just out of the blue, my parents knew Bobby Soxx from the Stick Men with Ray Guns growing up and they said he was about as crazy as you can imagine.

joey fuckup said:

Ha, well, the small rock 'n' roll world we live in...G.G. was best friends with Jeff, matter of fact they recorded together as the Murder Junkies way back in the day. There is an album out of their collaborations, and they did a lot of shows together.
    • October 16, 2011 5:21 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Ha, well, the small rock 'n' roll world we live in...G.G. was best friends with Jeff, matter of fact they recorded together as the Murder Junkies way back in the day. There is an album out of their collaborations, and they did a lot of shows together.
    • October 16, 2011 5:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Not so sure about the whole southern vibe but otherwise the bottles to the head thing sounds like GG Allin, which reminded me of another punk band I like: The Jabbers.

joey fuckup said:

Well, one band that came out in the early '80's (and are still around) are ANTiSEEN. Not sure if you are familiar with them, but the lead singer belts out some throaty vocals over ballsy Southern hardcore punk. One of his trademarks is to take a broken bottle and repeatedly jab it into his forehead until blood is pouring down his face. He's done this so many times, he now just has scar tissue on his brow. I've gotten to hang out with the band and interview its frontman Jeff Clayton for a podcast I used to be on. He's actually a nice guy, but it's balls out fury when he hits the stage. The band are Southerners, so expect Confederate flags, pro wrestling homages (they've done shows before with barb wire strung up on the stage), hardcore covers of old honky tonk songs, and salutes to the American troops. They're pretty much the real deal.
    • October 16, 2011 4:58 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Well, one band that came out in the early '80's (and are still around) are ANTiSEEN. Not sure if you are familiar with them, but the lead singer belts out some throaty vocals over ballsy Southern hardcore punk. One of his trademarks is to take a broken bottle and repeatedly jab it into his forehead until blood is pouring down his face. He's done this so many times, he now just has scar tissue on his brow. I've gotten to hang out with the band and interview its frontman Jeff Clayton for a podcast I used to be on. He's actually a nice guy, but it's balls out fury when he hits the stage. The band are Southerners, so expect Confederate flags, pro wrestling homages (they've done shows before with barb wire strung up on the stage), hardcore covers of old honky tonk songs, and salutes to the American troops. They're pretty much the real deal.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel