Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Mystery band

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 18, 2011 11:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know this is probably a long shot, but here goes. About 20-ish years ago I found a mix-tape in my car with a lot of great hardcore from the mid to late 80's. There was no insert so I had know way of knowing who these bands were, but I played that fucker to death. Also, none of my friends claimed it, so, for all I know, it was in the car when I bought it. There is one song in particular that I would love to know who the band is. The words in the chorus are, "I'd make you understand if I could, only dreams remain where I stood." Can anyone help me solve this mystery?
    • September 21, 2011 6:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks for the tip, Kopper. I'm a little short on computer skills & even less patient. That would have been my next move but my man Frank N. Stroud solved the mystery. Keep up the good work.

kopper said:

OK, first of all, you should probably post this in the Destroy All Music group forum. I'm not sure why you posted it in this regional forum, other than the fact that you might think the band may be from a Midwestern town, but then again you didn't mention that in your post, so who knows! So yeah, post this in that other group (esp. since it's probably an '80s hardcore band, anyway). A lot more members there and people who may be able to help you out.

By the way, if you really want to find out who did the song, rip an MP3 of it and upload it to your profile or attach it to your topic. That way people can actually HEAR the song. It's quite easy these days to take a simple mini plug and run it from a cassette deck into a computer with Audacity (PC) or GarageBand (Mac) and do a digital recording, then export the file as an MP3.

• September 21, 2011 6:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YES! Many thanks, Frank. I have to confess I never would have figured that out. The name of the song is "Indian Eyes" (found it on Youtube). I've never heard of the band. Seems that there are a few songs on the tape by Uniform Choice including "Don't Quit" & "Cut Of A Different Cause". Damn I love this site!

Frank N. Stroud said:

Hey M'Man,

I think it's Uniform Choice off of Region Of Ice. Look that up and see if it isn't a match for you.

Cheers,

FNS

Funhouse Skull said:

I had to hunt the tape down & blow the dust off (these Maxell metal tapes are amazingly enduring) I'm having a hard time making out certain parts, but some of the lyrics are:

I remember never letting pain remain

forever lost, falling pieces of a fallen man

for me & then it comes.

It happened so long ago, below my clear sight

Broken pieces of a broken heart as autumn fades to white.

Still a chill in the air, broken skies are everywhere

But I can't complain. The cold keeps out the rain.

Gotta fight a fire from a spark inside my mind.

Can't seem to learn the dreams that seem to burn.

Looking back to the forests & fields again

I'd make you understand if I could only dreams remain where I stood.

There's more, I'm just not sure how much stopping, rewinding & playing a 20 year old cassette tape will tolerate. Again, I'm fairly certain I have some of these wrong, but it's the best I can decipher.I guess my next move is to figure out how to turn a track from a cassette into a file that I can upload to my playlist.

Frank N. Stroud said:

Got any more lyrics?..........this is tantalizing.
    • September 21, 2011 11:30 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Hey M'Man,

I think it's Uniform Choice off of Region Of Ice. Look that up and see if it isn't a match for you.

Cheers,

FNS

Funhouse Skull said:

I had to hunt the tape down & blow the dust off (these Maxell metal tapes are amazingly enduring) I'm having a hard time making out certain parts, but some of the lyrics are:

for me & then it comes.

There's more, I'm just not sure how much stopping, rewinding & playing a 20 year old cassette tape will tolerate. Again, I'm fairly certain I have some of these wrong, but it's the best I can decipher.I guess my next move is to figure out how to turn a track from a cassette into a file that I can upload to my playlist.

Frank N. Stroud said:

• September 21, 2011 12:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OK, first of all, you should probably post this in the Destroy All Music group forum. I'm not sure why you posted it in this regional forum, other than the fact that you might think the band may be from a Midwestern town, but then again you didn't mention that in your post, so who knows! So yeah, post this in that other group (esp. since it's probably an '80s hardcore band, anyway). A lot more members there and people who may be able to help you out.

By the way, if you really want to find out who did the song, rip an MP3 of it and upload it to your profile or attach it to your topic. That way people can actually HEAR the song. It's quite easy these days to take a simple mini plug and run it from a cassette deck into a computer with Audacity (PC) or GarageBand (Mac) and do a digital recording, then export the file as an MP3.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• September 20, 2011 9:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

for me & then it comes.

Frank N. Stroud said:

• September 19, 2011 11:29 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel