Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: I'm going to see Lenny Kaye in NYC next week

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 13, 2011 10:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Originally, I was only going to NYC because the Cocktail Slippers are playing at the Delancey Lounge on Sept. 24.  However, I just found out that Lenny Kaye will also be on the bill, along with Palmyra Delran.  That was a very pleasant surprise.

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Patti Smith, but Kaye was the man who put together the original "Nuggets" compilation, so it will be cool to see him just for that reason.

• September 26, 2011 1:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I saw Lenny Kaye, and he did a great show.  I'm going to post a few pictures in my photo section.

BTW, I also saw a really good blues band from Brooklyn that night called Daddy Long Legs.  They're a trio, with one guy on vocals and harmonica, another on acoustic guitar, and another on drums.  They're young white guys who make you feel like you're in a juke joint along the Mississippi Delta.  I think they stood at the crossroads one night;)

• September 13, 2011 1:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm going to tell him how much I love the Nuggets comp too, except I won't be drunk;)

I had heard he was in a garage band, but I never got their name.  Thanks for the heads up, kopper:)

Marty Shane, Pacifiction Records said:

Saw Lenny at the closing of the Continental, and it was a cool experience. I missed out on the Patti Smith gig last nite of CBGB (got in the nite before on Sat. nite with Blondie, Dictators, Waldos), but ran into Lenny on the street after they tore the banner down. I was drunk and kinda blabbered about how cool the Nuggets comp was and took a pic of him and the girl I was hanging out with. You're pretty lucky you get to see him. Thanks Kop hadn't known about his garage band!
    • September 13, 2011 11:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Saw Lenny at the closing of the Continental, and it was a cool experience. I missed out on the Patti Smith gig last nite of CBGB (got in the nite before on Sat. nite with Blondie, Dictators, Waldos), but ran into Lenny on the street after they tore the banner down. I was drunk and kinda blabbered about how cool the Nuggets comp was and took a pic of him and the girl I was hanging out with. You're pretty lucky you get to see him. Thanks Kop hadn't known about his garage band!
    • September 13, 2011 10:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

He also had a '60s garage band called Link Cromwell & the Zoo. Check out the live album from '66 on Norton Records. "Crazy Like a Fox" is a great tune.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel