Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Any Swingin' Neckbreakers fans around here?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 6, 2011 3:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Does anyone here know what they're up to?  Both their website and their myspace pages appear to be pretty inactive.  I did find a group for them on Facebook, and I'm waiting for my membership approval.  It's been years since they put out any new LPs, and they haven't played here in Pittsburgh for quite a while.

They were one of the first garage bands that I saw live, shortly after I first saw the Cynics. They played at the 31st Street Pub in July 2000, and they really blew me away that night.  One of the local bands on the bill had to cancel that night due to the guitar player quitting, so the Swingin' Neckbreakers had to play a longer set.  They more than made up for the other band canceling that night, and they played like a machine.

• September 13, 2011 11:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

seen them two years ago at The Born Bad Festival in Paris ! it was a blast !!!
    • September 13, 2011 10:46 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You should rip an MP3 of that live tape and post it here. I'd love to hear it.

whatwave dave said:

Only got to see The Neckbreakers once and it left a lasting impression on me...only about 10 people to see them and they killed all 10 of us with their balls to the wall rock'n'roll!!! It was like they were playing to 10000 people!! The people that i know that were at that show still talk about it to this day.

Made a live tape of that show and it still blows me away to this day!!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• September 12, 2011 4:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love that band. I saw them at Cavestomp in 97, plus I saw them a few other times in LA around the same time.
    • September 9, 2011 6:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Only got to see The Neckbreakers once and it left a lasting impression on me...only about 10 people to see them and they killed all 10 of us with their balls to the wall rock'n'roll!!! It was like they were playing to 10000 people!! The people that i know that were at that show still talk about it to this day.

Made a live tape of that show and it still blows me away to this day!!

• September 9, 2011 12:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They are bulletproof rock and roll.
    • September 6, 2011 9:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, it's basically an old train station converted into a shopping mall. http://www.stlouisunionstation.com/ So yes, very unusual place to see any live bands playing, much less *good* ones!

MikeL said:

Is Union Station an unusual place for a band like that?  I'm not familiar with St. Louis, so that's why I'm asking.

You must have had a REALLY good time in Vegas if you can't remember seeing them;)  

kopper said:

GREAT live band, and their records are pretty killer as well. Very underrated.

Got to see them twice, I think... TrebleFest '96 in Denver and once at Union Station (of all places) in St. Louis. I may have seen 'em once in Vegas, too, now that I think about it.

• September 6, 2011 6:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Is Union Station an unusual place for a band like that?  I'm not familiar with St. Louis, so that's why I'm asking.

You must have had a REALLY good time in Vegas if you can't remember seeing them;)  

kopper said:

Got to see them twice, I think... TrebleFest '96 in Denver and once at Union Station (of all places) in St. Louis. I may have seen 'em once in Vegas, too, now that I think about it.

• September 6, 2011 6:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Actually, the reason why I'm asking this question is because I am listening to their CDs at work:)  I listened to "The Return of Rock" today, and I'll listen to "Shake and Break" tomorrow.

Gringo Starr said:
      Beat-Man made a name for himself touring (opening) with these guys in the '90s. As Kopper said, they were great live and were very underrated. If you haven't checked there recordings out, do so.
    • September 6, 2011 4:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Beat-Man made a name for himself touring (opening) with these guys in the '90s. As Kopper said, they were great live and were very underrated. If you haven't checked there recordings out, do so.
    • September 6, 2011 4:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel