Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: what should i get?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 5, 2011 12:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

im 14 and i would like a new guitar for goth infused garage punk ,influences include the gories ,the mummies ,the outsiders ,the sonics ,the horrrors ,the strokes and the standells

my choice is beetween

fender standerd tele for  £409

fender 65 mustang £702

fender 62 jaguar beetween £700-1500

or phantom guitar works vox phantom riessue about £650 plus vat ,import tax and shipping

• March 4, 2012 6:05 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Also I would particulaly want either a large hollow body with single coils and a trem preferably or a 12 string preferably thinline or solid bodied with single coils and well designed for lead work.

Also any one got any words to say on the new fender pawn shop special amps regarding voluma and tone

• January 30, 2012 10:37 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thanks for the feedback not done yet but i would like to include amps in this low to mid price tube ideally:

fender (blackface idealy but some silverface can be got on the cheap)

vox (ive seen some 60s us ones go cheap worth it?)

also power im 14 i play with a band ower rehersal space is bedrooms and unfortunatly our drum kit is electric but its power cable is broken (it can be replaced but d rather we didnt) and by the end of the year or next i want to play live ,i dont want a clean sound but not a distorted sound ,that thin line of trash beetween sparkling (ie abit gritty) clean and crunch likley involving a treble booster to increce the lo fi trashness

but keep the guitars coming also

• January 18, 2012 12:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i prefer single coils and dont like burns overtly

Andy said:

BBurns Bison 62, Eastwood Wandre, or Jag HH would look the part...

• January 17, 2012 9:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just checked out the brandoni web site and noticed they sell Vox bodies.  Are there any other suppliers that sell Vox type bodies?

John

Bo Loser said:

you should go to the brandoni factory man as you live in england they might have those Nos phantoms for cheep  http://brandoniguitars.co.uk/contact.asp  and while your there ask if they will ship parts to australia, i want to build a vox delta :)

dying slowly said:

the only burns ive seen our out of my range witch cant go above 800 or so and ill be saving for ages then, i would love of one of the new old stock phantoms i saw one i wanted so much recently white with white pickguard 6-string and trem!

(ps i dont like strats i find them clicheyd andi dont like the bridges and ijust prefer the tele twang)

• January 17, 2012 3:52 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

BBurns Bison 62, Eastwood Wandre, or Jag HH would look the part...

• December 14, 2011 4:00 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i really wanna phantom and  maestro fuzztone or mk1 tone bender and a black or silverface fender or a vox or maybe a ric

• November 9, 2011 6:30 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know vox is cool and all that, build in tremolo and stuff.. but daaanm what I think these phantoms are ugly as hell.

• November 8, 2011 11:45 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

you should go to the brandoni factory man as you live in england they might have those Nos phantoms for cheep  http://brandoniguitars.co.uk/contact.asp  and while your there ask if they will ship parts to australia, i want to build a vox delta :)

dying slowly said:

the only burns ive seen our out of my range witch cant go above 800 or so and ill be saving for ages then, i would love of one of the new old stock phantoms i saw one i wanted so much recently white with white pickguard 6-string and trem!

(ps i dont like strats i find them clicheyd andi dont like the bridges and ijust prefer the tele twang)

• November 8, 2011 3:45 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• November 7, 2011 9:39 PM CST
    • Untitled

This is the best thing I've read on the internet today! The Burns is worth looking into too.

Axel Björnsson said:

...You are a Telecasterman or a Stratocasterman I think that is the meaning of life.

• November 7, 2011 4:52 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What about Burns. There are lots of them in denmarkstreet. Very cool guitars (Hank Marvin yeeeeeah) A Black and Green one our just pure white dannnm... The only guitar who beat that is Mosrite Ventures style... But if you're wondering about this fenders I would go for the Jaguar-He is supposed to be the ultimate surf guitar. But i would always pick Stratocaster over a Telecaster. You are a Telecasterman or a Stratocasterman I think that is the meaning of life.

• November 4, 2011 1:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

what do you think of the vox starstreamer? how much can i get one for in british pounds
    • September 8, 2011 2:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Mick Collins (the Gories) said he wouldn't take a guitar worth more than $100 on the road.  Jeff Beck said he'd play any guitar and be able to get a good sound out of it (but at the Les Paul tribute he switched back to his Fender Strat).

IMO, I wouldn't spend the big bucks if you want to sound rough.  For my natural overdrive crunch (early Kinks/Sonics/Mummies) I got a new Hofner Club reissue for under $400.  A good budget alternative to a Fender is a Squire.  I'd get a Tele unless you wanted a twang bar.  If you wanted to sound more clean and slick for surf/rockabilly twang or a nice jangle, then a higher dollar guitar would seem more worth it to me. 

How much does a Burns go for in the UK?  I'm looking at a Bison but I think the Cobras may be pretty affordable.

• September 7, 2011 1:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

why would you sell a revererocket

• September 7, 2011 9:20 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have a Danelectro Mod, and I love it. Also have a cheap Epiphone Les Paul Jr. and it's got great tone. Used to have an Ampeg Reverberocket amp, but I sold it to buy a mixer for podcasting. That thing would scream. Nice reverb, too.

Eastwood Guitars has some nice ones, too. Check 'em out: http://www.eastwoodguitars.com

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• September 7, 2011 2:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

delux but no black stripe

dying slowly said:
      delux or standard

Luke Greenwood said:
      i have a 59 3p airline in white and it is a very good guitar

dying slowly said:
      true i do like the 3p airline

Sonic Reverends said:
      For that kind of money, you could go for a walk on Denmark Street in London and search for a nice vintage guitar. :) Honestly, as far as Fenders go, nothing beats a Standard Telecaster. That bridge pickup will give you fantastic tone. But you could also consider other guitars: Danelectro (dirt-cheap, great looks and wonderful tone), Eastwood (specially the Airline reissues), Italia Guitars and even Epiphone. And don't forget that a huge part of your sound comes from your amp.
    • September 6, 2011 3:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

delux or standard

Luke Greenwood said:

dying slowly said:

Sonic Reverends said:
      For that kind of money, you could go for a walk on Denmark Street in London and search for a nice vintage guitar. :) Honestly, as far as Fenders go, nothing beats a Standard Telecaster. That bridge pickup will give you fantastic tone. But you could also consider other guitars: Danelectro (dirt-cheap, great looks and wonderful tone), Eastwood (specially the Airline reissues), Italia Guitars and even Epiphone. And don't forget that a huge part of your sound comes from your amp.
    • September 6, 2011 3:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

dying slowly said:

Sonic Reverends said:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel