Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Urgh! A Music War

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 31, 2011 11:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I haven't seen this film in probably 25 years, and I'm dying to see it again. Anyone know where I can get a good quality copy of it on DVD?

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 2, 2012 1:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know I'm talking too much , here, but , I remember , there was a theatre in Dallas that showed "Urgh!" at least twice. It was an event. They let people dance in front of the screen , and even "Stage dive'' off the small stage below the screen (About a 3 or four foot drop , HA HA) . Once , they showed it with "Stop Making Sense" , and , David Byrne (Who was living in Dallas at the time , temporarily.) made a guest appearance and actually gave a pretty cool talk , and was pretty funny. I was pretty tired of him , by then , but , he was entertaining.

It did'nt matter if you did'nt like everybody in that film , there was something for everybody.

• May 11, 2012 8:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I also have the DVD which I got for my birthday a few years ago.  I think you can still get it on Amazon.  I have to say, ended up putting it on and it brought my party to a halt as we all sat around excitedly watching.  Fun!  It is a great movie, and interesting to see the bands they picked who became giant and those that didn't.  

• April 19, 2012 11:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

got a beat up vhs version somewhere in the shed...

• April 14, 2012 3:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

dID'NT sPLODGENESS aBOUNDS ALSO DO THE "tWO pINTS AND A pACKET OF cRISPS" or whatever , song , too? ....It seems I saw different versions on TV and in the movies in the mid - to late 80's. I remember being surprised to see Invisible Sex , English Beat , Splodgeness Abounds ,  and Chelsea when I saw it on the big screen....BUT , i THINK THEY SHOWED IT IN IT'S ENTIRETY AROUND THE SAME TIME , ON CABLE.......I only taped a few bands , at the time...You've got to remember, blank video tapes were at least about $6 in '86 ,when I first started using a VCR in earnest..

• April 14, 2012 3:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HERE ON MY BUS , i'M NOT SAFE HERE AT ALL...MY  TIRE GOT STUCK IN A MANHOLE, "THANK YOU , NORTON " , THAT'S ALL.....

Jeff of the Future said:

Gary Numan is on it.
    • January 21, 2012 8:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....There are , of course , a LOT of bootleg versions floating around. I met Jim Skafish (Before the brief , "Legit" release on DVD. ) , and he told me he was told he had part ownership of the film , and , several other musicians were told the same , which , he said , would account for the ridiculously long time it's taken to get "URGH!" OUT ON DVD. The sort of recent commercial release was duped from a VHS copy , not even a master ! Plus , there is a SHITLOAD of outtake footage. A site on My Space , several years ago , posted 3 unreleased songs each by 10 bands in the film , for which they were , quickly , shut down. The only one that seems to have graduated to You Tube would be The Cramps ( But , I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. I saw a lacklustre show by The White Stripes and walked out on a suck - out - loud set by Smashing Pumpkins , never thinking either would make it.). So , yes , there IS a substantial amount of "Bonus footage " , not to mention Stiv Bators and The Dead Boys (Pin stripe , Power Pop phase.) , whose footage was shot , but , not used. Somebody probably has it. I've seen different boots , on VHS and DVD , that were about an 8 out of 10. 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel