Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Destroy All Monsters

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 18, 2011 7:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

How do you know of Destroy All Monsters and their singer Niagara? I saw them often in the Pittsburgh/Ohio area whenever they played. I was wondering....did she ever gain any weight?
    • November 24, 2011 3:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey you guys! Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for all the info!

• October 25, 2011 12:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love everything Niagara does :):):)

• October 22, 2011 7:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I've seen Niagara's work on her website and it's really horrorshow. Very Cartoonish, but in a noirish manner. She should do a cartoon strip.
    • October 15, 2011 2:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Keep posting there man:):)

Dead Boy said:

Hi Zane.  No problem!  Yes, I'm a fan of Dead Boys!  I learned English grammer by myself, but I still don't remember many English words, so I use a translation site, but I can't believe it!  However, I use it as a spell cheker or so.

I'm came from Japan.  My fave bands are too many!  I love Detroit bands like Iggy & the Stooges, MC5, Sonic's Rendezvous Band, DAM.  Also, many bands which were influenced by them, like the Damned, the Saints, Radio Birdman, the Scientists, the Birthday Party etc.  Ah, I love Crime, too!  And many punk, new wave, grunge and 60's 80's garage (surf) bands.  And some of late 70's and early 80's reggae / Dub like Augustus Pablo, King Tubby...  Also, I found that there're some killer and great tunes on 60's and early 70's (esp.) Italian film soundtracks a couple years ago!  (I think a most famous composer is Ennio Morikone, for example.)

What have you been listening to lately??

There's Sleazy's thread "What's spinning right now?" on main page here, I post it (though, everything are video clips), so if you have a time, check it out.  I'm listening to various tunes on the You Tube, because there're many rare and out of print stuff recentlly! :)  I sometimes find an awesome tune!

• October 15, 2011 2:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi back at ya ......no probs, I'm an 'ol 58 er.......born in '58 that is:):):)!!!!! My first 45rpm :):)was Little Richard's Lucille....still gives me chills up my spine:)!! You don't say about Rudi....the Fuzztones are kick ass though....got all of their albums too:):)

Zane Arillotta said:
      Hi Sleazy! You have a wide variety of likes in music, so do I! I started collecting records when I was 5 years old with help from my mom who used to scratch a line on the A side of singles so I knew what song was the "hit". Not much time passed before I told my mom "there's a whole nother song on the other side!!!" Yep, discovering the B side of singles made me quite a rebel in my neighborhood among us toddlers....before you knew it , I was like a B side Queen, I could name the B side of almost every hit single...anyway, I love a lot of solo pop artists like Petulia Clark and Nancy Sinatra and my fave ....LuLu...Tom Jones Tommy Roe...and a man I always wanted to marry ...Johnny Rivers but that's only if Jeff Beck isn't available! ! I started dancing when I was very young and all of the stuff my teacher played was instrumentals and I have a tons of different kinds of music. Bowie was one of the biggest influences in my life and I had a aqua blue Bowie cut in 1973 which actually not a lot of people had huh? And just a few years later punk came along and I fell in love with music all over again!!! So how old are you if you don't mind my asking? You seem to know a lot about early rock n roll. You have to keep in mind that even though I'm probably older than most of you...I was still too young to even be seeing the bands I was seeing...as for Lana, No, I don't know her but I did her astrology chart for her a few years ago...(I'm an astrologer among other things...) as a favor for Rudi whom I DO know. However and here's some nice gossip for this site....Lana forbade Rudi to keep in touch with me and we are no longer friends!

• October 15, 2011 8:16 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Zane.  No problem!  Yes, I'm a fan of Dead Boys!  I learned English grammer by myself, but I still don't remember many English words, so I use a translation site, but I can't believe it!  However, I use it as a spell cheker or so.

I'm came from Japan.  My fave bands are too many!  I love Detroit bands like Iggy & the Stooges, MC5, Sonic's Rendezvous Band, DAM.  Also, many bands which were influenced by them, like the Damned, the Saints, Radio Birdman, the Scientists, the Birthday Party etc.  Ah, I love Crime, too!  And many punk, new wave, grunge and 60's 80's garage (surf) bands.  And some of late 70's and early 80's reggae / Dub like Augustus Pablo, King Tubby...  Also, I found that there're some killer and great tunes on 60's and early 70's (esp.) Italian film soundtracks a couple years ago!  (I think a most famous composer is Ennio Morikone, for example.)

What have you been listening to lately??

There's Sleazy's thread "What's spinning right now?" on main page here, I post it (though, everything are video clips), so if you have a time, check it out.  I'm listening to various tunes on the You Tube, because there're many rare and out of print stuff recentlly! :)  I sometimes find an awesome tune!

• October 14, 2011 7:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi DeadBoy! Sorry, I had no idea you were part of our United Nations group, thought you were a Yankee! "Young Loud And Snotty" is the name of the first Dead Boys album, I assumed you were a fan! Perhaps there's some way to get whatever you have to say, translated on this site?? So you wouldn't have to worry about your English. Where are you from anyway? Who are your favorite bands? What have you been listening to lately?

Luv,

Zane

• October 14, 2011 7:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Sleazy! You have a wide variety of likes in music, so do I! I started collecting records when I was 5 years old with help from my mom who used to scratch a line on the A side of singles so I knew what song was the "hit". Not much time passed before I told my mom "there's a whole nother song on the other side!!!" Yep, discovering the B side of singles made me quite a rebel in my neighborhood among us toddlers....before you knew it , I was like a B side Queen, I could name the B side of almost every hit single...anyway, I love a lot of solo pop artists like Petulia Clark and Nancy Sinatra and my fave ....LuLu...Tom Jones Tommy Roe...and a man I always wanted to marry ...Johnny Rivers but that's only if Jeff Beck isn't available! ! I started dancing when I was very young and all of the stuff my teacher played was instrumentals and I have a tons of different kinds of music. Bowie was one of the biggest influences in my life and I had a aqua blue Bowie cut in 1973 which actually not a lot of people had huh? And just a few years later punk came along and I fell in love with music all over again!!! So how old are you if you don't mind my asking? You seem to know a lot about early rock n roll. You have to keep in mind that even though I'm probably older than most of you...I was still too young to even be seeing the bands I was seeing...as for Lana, No, I don't know her but I did her astrology chart for her a few years ago...(I'm an astrologer among other things...) as a favor for Rudi whom I DO know. However and here's some nice gossip for this site....Lana forbade Rudi to keep in touch with me and we are no longer friends!
    • October 14, 2011 2:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

THere would be heaps to talk about on this topic. I love Joss....she's pretty and spunky too.....she is quite known now esp after singing in Mick Jagger's new band!!! Howevre, there are other ladies out there in the 'shadows of musicland' who deserve better coverage.....e.g. The Pandoras, singer in the Persian Claws, etc. Too many to mention actually :)!
      Say Zane.....don't you have something to do with the Fuzztones??? You're username is not new to me.....talkin' 'bout the Tones, do you know Lana Loveland?! She's kick ass 2:)!

Zane Arillotta said:

Hi Sleazy! I can see we have the same taste in singers as I'm a huge fan of both Janis Joplin and Grace Slick but unfortunately never saw them live. I especially identified with Grace Slick not just for her voice, but also for her look. She had long dark hair and bangs which is what I've had pretty much most of my life! I think the only KNOWN singer out there right now, or at least known to me in the "mainstream" world of music that has a kick ass rock n roll voice is Josh Stone? What do you think?  I'm sure there's so many more out there that we might hear from but only if they upload their stuff, having to feel like you need to be "signed" to be heard, thankfully, is a thing of the past! Thank gawd that whole "folk singin celtic" phase is gone...at least I think it is....though it sounds pretty, I'd never spend actual money on it...I like my music LOUD!!! Drums of course are favorite!! So, you said you're doing your bit for the female cause....tell us more!!!!!

Zane

• October 14, 2011 9:35 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Zane.  I'm not already young, very shy and clean myself up briefly. :D  Too bad, I wasn't video-taped this night.

Hmmm, what do you want to know?  Sorry, my knowledge of English and the Jefferson Airplane is pretty low. :(

• October 13, 2011 7:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Deadboy! Are you "Young Loud And Snotty"? Sorry, I jes couldn't help myself...Thanks for keeping me up to date on Niagara! The clips are wonderful!!! So, tell us more about yourself....
    • October 13, 2011 6:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Sleazy! I can see we have the same taste in singers as I'm a huge fan of both Janis Joplin and Grace Slick but unfortunately never saw them live. I especially identified with Grace Slick not just for her voice, but also for her look. She had long dark hair and bangs which is what I've had pretty much most of my life! I think the only KNOWN singer out there right now, or at least known to me in the "mainstream" world of music that has a kick ass rock n roll voice is Josh Stone? What do you think?  I'm sure there's so many more out there that we might hear from but only if they upload their stuff, having to feel like you need to be "signed" to be heard, thankfully, is a thing of the past! Thank gawd that whole "folk singin celtic" phase is gone...at least I think it is....though it sounds pretty, I'd never spend actual money on it...I like my music LOUD!!! Drums of course are favorite!! So, you said you're doing your bit for the female cause....tell us more!!!!!

Zane

• October 11, 2011 2:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi there.....glad you like DAM and Niagara of course....methinx the ladies in rock have not had the respect and consideration they shoudl be getting ever since Grace Slick and Janis Joplin hit the scenes many moons ago...it's time for a change...I'm doing my bit to change all this in rock :):)!!!

Zane Arillotta said:
      Hey Sleazy! Thanks so much for posting these videos of Niagara! I haven't had time to watch all of them yet but I will! She's as lovely as ever and I'm so proud of her and all of her accomplishments!! She's doin it for all us girls, making us proud of our gender!

• October 10, 2011 5:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Sleazy! Thanks so much for posting these videos of Niagara! I haven't had time to watch all of them yet but I will! She's as lovely as ever and I'm so proud of her and all of her accomplishments!! She's doin it for all us girls, making us proud of our gender!
    • October 6, 2011 12:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• October 6, 2011 12:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

NIAGARA SHOWING HER SPUNK WITH DARK CARNIVAL....SHE NEVER FAILS TO STIMULATE MY MYNDE :):):)

• October 6, 2011 12:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's cool :):):)

• October 5, 2011 9:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi.  If you didn't know that Niagara has toured with Aussie band called the Hitmen in Australia last year, here're vieo clips.

• September 12, 2011 2:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The GGG are my cuppa a tea 2:):)

Zane Arillotta said:
      Hey K K! I'll get back to you with more over the weekend as I'm short on time right now but the Gore Gore Girls...that's a name I haven't heard for a while....and I'm too tired/lazy to find out how I know it but...they weren't on Get Hip were they or associated with Gregg Kostelach of the Cynics or even the Fuzztones?? I'm pretty sure I've probably seen them! But as I started seeing live bands when I was 11 years old and I'm 53 now all these bands kind of all blur together after a while......

• September 9, 2011 8:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey K K! I'll get back to you with more over the weekend as I'm short on time right now but the Gore Gore Girls...that's a name I haven't heard for a while....and I'm too tired/lazy to find out how I know it but...they weren't on Get Hip were they or associated with Gregg Kostelach of the Cynics or even the Fuzztones?? I'm pretty sure I've probably seen them! But as I started seeing live bands when I was 11 years old and I'm 53 now all these bands kind of all blur together after a while......
    • September 7, 2011 1:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi, Zane - 

That's some cool history. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of Detroit that I was never able to experience (I was born in '77, so I probably missed out on the scene, by a long shot, you were part of).

I have played in many bands over the years, but the main ones I'm in now I've had for several years. My main two are Las Drogas (a two-piece, garage-a-billy/primitive/blues type band) and The Devil Elvis Show (an Elvis tribute band that plays punked up Elvis tunes). The bassist for Gore Gore Girls and Gorevette happens to be our bassist, too.

A couple other bands of mine you might find interesting (although basically defunct) are Dirty Money, Electromags (which has a profile on this site), Sunday Painters, and Sin Embargo.  There are a few other bands I could list, but that is more than enough for now.

I gotta run, but I would love to hear more about what you have to say. Particularly, why you love Detroit so much (you just don't hear that much anymore, considering it is one of the most depressed cities around). I love it, too.

take care, 

KK

• September 5, 2011 11:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Sleazy!

I'm so glad to hear it!!! I'll do a search online to see if I can view some of the art she's doing.

Luv,

Zane
      sleazy said:

Niagara remains kick ass :):):)
    • September 5, 2011 11:20 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi K K,

Thanks so much for the lowdown on the Detroit area and Bookies. In the 80's the company I worked for in Pittsburgh had me working in our offices on John R Road ( I think that's the name of the road??) and I stayed at a motel in Sterling Heights for a really long time!! I love Detroit but have only been there since to see bands and take the occasional jaunt into Canada.

I used to live/hang out in El Aye in the 70's and 80's K.K. and Trudi were part of the crowd that made up a really cool scene then. By the time the 90's came along it was kinda hard to find anything worthwhile to really bother with so I stopped going to El Aye. I'm glad I was there when it was not just "happenin" but actully FUN.

So tell me more about the bands you play in?

Luv,

Zane

• August 30, 2011 11:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi, Zane - 

I live near Detroit in a city called Ypsilanti (which is a small college town attached to Ann Arbor). Detroit is about a 30 minute drive away, but our "region" is always called the "greater Detroit area" because we are all lumped together in the same "scenes". 

I am not sure how healthy or how musically active Niagara is, but she still has a presence, mostly in the visual arts scene. Like I said, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out more about her current status on the web. 

Bookies is still around, but not the way you remember it (and it isn't the same version: it is a new construction that is pretty nice, but not the same old club; people still speak fondly of the "legendary" Bookie's; here is a link to the new one: http://www.bookiesbar.com/, it is more of a sports bar and pretty douche-y. This is the one you are thinking of: http://www.bookiesclub870.com/)

I play in bands and stuff but I am not the KK of Trudi and KK. Would you mind explaining the story there?

thanks, great chatting with you, 

KK

Zane Arillotta said:

Thanks for responding to my question about Destroy All Monsters! I'm so glad to hear Niagara is doing well and is still active on the scene. She was SO thin back then we were always waiting for her to just fall over... I haven't been to Detroit in years but I always loved it. I know it's kinda farfetched but the club "Bookies" wouldn't happen to still be there would it? Also, do you live in Detroit or somewhere else? I only ask because of your name KK. Just thought you might be the K.K. of Trudi and K.K......

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel