Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: "politically incorrect" songs

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 30, 2011 1:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hell yeah, the Eddie Noack version sticks out. Always loved me some Tex Edwards!

Right, Hydrohead is not filthy per se, it rather falls into the section the SPAZZ line of songs, that do a bit too much ;)

Also, sorry for the Louie Louie misspelling there everyone! YIKES!

John Battles said:

I've never heard of George Jones doing Psycho . Jack Kittell wrote and recorded it , and he wrote songs for George Jones , too. My friend , Tex Edwards , used to preface his version by saying "When he wrote this , he said "Don't let anybody know I wrote this til after I'm dead"....Well , he's dead , so we can celebrate !". Eddie Noack's version is the best - known early version , though.

The Stooges' "Metallic K.O." version of "Louie , Louie" is truly filthy , though most of it is based on the FBI's (100% inaccurate) transcription of The Kingsmen's hit version.

The Ejectors ! From Ft. Worth ! I SAW THEM ONCE , IN 1982 .... I think they were all , or mostly , still teenagers. They rocked.     I never noticed that "Hydrohead" had "Dirty " lyrics , but , I don't own a copy.

IDON MINE said:

I like it when songs spit into the face of evil by taking up it's wording. It's great when it's straight forward and in your face, but I can go without the macho bullshit, though.

I think it became kind of a thing to write crazy songs later on though, "the tougher the better!" kind of. Some people are just sick jerks I guess.

Here's a list don't blame me...

Lazy Cowgirls - Goddamn Bottle (In your face low life RNR the way it's meant to be).

The Irving Klaws - Loveslide - Great Song about female domination, love it.

Fucking in the Graveyard - Jerk Alert. FUN FUN FUN!

The Headcoatees - Come into my mouth - makes priests go deaf and the Queens head explode.

Granola Head - The Queers - rather stupid song on hippies. Tounge in cheek I'd say - not really spitefull, but smart ironic lyrics. The Queers would say different though.

Those are really, er, off I'd say...

The Ejectors - "Hydrohead" way creepy song, way wrong.

Jailbait, Pussy Stank - Andre Williams, that old sleaze nut.

Porter Wagoner - Rubber Room - classic, you'll know it. CREEPY.

Psycho - George Jones - Ya wanna take a shower after that one, ugh.

Zodiac - The Rip Offs - Popish Song on said serial Killer. CREEP FACTOR FIVE 

70's (?) Live version of Luie Luie by Iggy - where he let's out the inner party jerk.

Here for the stir

• September 29, 2011 8:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've never heard of George Jones doing Psycho . Jack Kittell wrote and recorded it , and he wrote songs for George Jones , too. My friend , Tex Edwards , used to preface his version by saying "When he wrote this , he said "Don't let anybody know I wrote this til after I'm dead"....Well , he's dead , so we can celebrate !". Eddie Noack's version is the best - known early version , though.

The Stooges' "Metallic K.O." version of "Louie , Louie" is truly filthy , though most of it is based on the FBI's (100% inaccurate) transcription of The Kingsmen's hit version.

The Ejectors ! From Ft. Worth ! I SAW THEM ONCE , IN 1982 .... I think they were all , or mostly , still teenagers. They rocked.     I never noticed that "Hydrohead" had "Dirty " lyrics , but , I don't own a copy.

IDON MINE said:

I like it when songs spit into the face of evil by taking up it's wording. It's great when it's straight forward and in your face, but I can go without the macho bullshit, though.

I think it became kind of a thing to write crazy songs later on though, "the tougher the better!" kind of. Some people are just sick jerks I guess.

Lazy Cowgirls - Goddamn Bottle (In your face low life RNR the way it's meant to be).

The Headcoatees - Come into my mouth - makes priests go deaf and the Queens head explode.

Granola Head - The Queers - rather stupid song on hippies. Tounge in cheek I'd say - not really spitefull, but smart ironic lyrics. The Queers would say different though.

70's (?) Live version of Luie Luie by Iggy - where he let's out the inner party jerk.

• September 29, 2011 3:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HA! I like it with some guts! Check the comps MOTEL LOVERS and DOWN AN OUT on TRIKONT for some great gems of ballsy Soul.

On a side note, off topic: I'd love to hear some of the Esquerita and Little Richard queer love songs, they did early on before they had to be rewritten, so they wouldn't get them killed and could actually be released.

John Battles said:

I'd forgotten about those lyrics to " Davey "....I KNOW IT'S NOT TO COOL TO LIKE SOUL MUSIC THAT HAS SOME BALLS , BUT , I'VE ALWAYS LIKED JOE TEX. Of course , like a lot of his peers , he was around before they called it "Soul" , doing what most people would just call R'n'B. THE LIST OF FUTURE SOUL STARS WHO STARTED OUT DOING GREAT LITTLE RICHARD KNOCKOFFS GOES ON AND ON - Joe Tex , James Brown , Otis Redding , Don Covay .....  

IDON MINE said:

Joe is one of the weirdest out there! His early rough soul tracks make me wonder someone ever had him record a love balad. PNEUMONIA also come to mind, where he is love sick and says he's "gonna blacken both of her eyes!" He has some other really psycho ones, can't think of them now.

G'DAMN CREEP! 

swt said:

Ona recent episode of The Big Enchilada, I played "Davy, You Upset My Home" by Joe Tex. It's about a guy who's jealous because his girl is really into Davy Crockett. (I think this is from the late '50s when Davy Crockett was a very popular TV show.)

The girl even buys Davy Crockett false teeth because, Joe sings, "I punched her in the mouth last night."

Another line: "I whipped her so until she went insane. And now she wants to buy herself a Davy Crockett brain."

Here for the stir

• September 29, 2011 3:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here for the stir

• September 29, 2011 3:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've never heard of that version....I have the one by The Monks (Not The American G.I.s gone Dada in the German Garage Gods, but Hudson and Ford from Strawbs.), it's pretty good , pretty Pub Rock.

Mr Yates said:

I do remember a song from when I was about 13, by a band called Dave and the Deros called "Nice Legs, Shame About the Face".

What about any song by the 4skins or any white power stuff always pretty racist and offensive

• September 29, 2011 3:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I almost forgot ...What was the title of that UN - P.C. song "Be Cool (Somebody , Dave , Jimmy , I forget) is Dancing With a Sissy " by Joe Tex....However , he does turn around and say "Well , some people like that , you know....".

It's like the classic "Gay Blade" episode of "Sanford and Son". "It's your THANG , do what you wanna do....".

• September 29, 2011 2:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd forgotten about those lyrics to " Davey "....I KNOW IT'S NOT TO COOL TO LIKE SOUL MUSIC THAT HAS SOME BALLS , BUT , I'VE ALWAYS LIKED JOE TEX. Of course , like a lot of his peers , he was around before they called it "Soul" , doing what most people would just call R'n'B. THE LIST OF FUTURE SOUL STARS WHO STARTED OUT DOING GREAT LITTLE RICHARD KNOCKOFFS GOES ON AND ON - Joe Tex , James Brown , Otis Redding , Don Covay .....  

IDON MINE said:

Joe is one of the weirdest out there! His early rough soul tracks make me wonder someone ever had him record a love balad. PNEUMONIA also come to mind, where he is love sick and says he's "gonna blacken both of her eyes!" He has some other really psycho ones, can't think of them now.

G'DAMN CREEP! 

swt said:

Ona recent episode of The Big Enchilada, I played "Davy, You Upset My Home" by Joe Tex. It's about a guy who's jealous because his girl is really into Davy Crockett. (I think this is from the late '50s when Davy Crockett was a very popular TV show.)

The girl even buys Davy Crockett false teeth because, Joe sings, "I punched her in the mouth last night."

Another line: "I whipped her so until she went insane. And now she wants to buy herself a Davy Crockett brain."

• September 29, 2011 2:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

G'DAMN CREEP! 

swt said:

Here for the stir

• September 29, 2011 2:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, that Rolling Stones song always make me kinda barf...

It always makes me think it's not in character, but really real life Jagger. 

MikeL said:

How about "Under My Thumb" by the Rolling Stones?  The singer is bragging about his girlfriend's submissiveness, and the line that really gets me is when he sings, "I can still look at someone else."  Yeah, I know it's a mild example, but it's the one that stands out in my mind.

Oh, wait, I just thought of a far more horrible example..."Little Bit of Whore" by Johnny Thunders when he briefly worked with Wayne Kramer.  It's a great rock'n'roll song, but the lyrics can NEVER be heard in mixed company.

Here for the stir

• September 29, 2011 8:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My mate, a mad keen record collector, told me this morning that he actually has a Stateside English demo of Spazz which he bought for £50 about 15 years ago, I was shocked that it ever got that close to being released in the UK!
    • September 28, 2011 7:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

P.S. I forget who did "tHE rODEO sONG" First , but , ANY version you can find for less than a dollar is money well spent.
    • September 28, 2011 7:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jerry Vile, that's goin' back ! I don't have this , or the first volume..Obviously , this was done with the same kind of sarcasm as Snake-Out (Also featured on "It Came FromThe Garage " , as well as The 3 D Invisibles and a then - unknown Gories.) or their myriad offshoots - inc. Artphag , Fuknotz....doing numbers like "I Was a Teenage Goiter" , "Fudgepacker" " (Fuck You , I Ain't ) Ghandi" , "Let's Play Scratch'n'Sniff With Grandpa's Butt" (Actually sung by a group of little kids!) .

Others that come to mind :   The Fugs: CCD (Coca Cola Douche). ,  Raunch Hands "Spit it on The Floor"(About every man's worst nightmare.) , Cub Koda "Somebody Else (Was Suckin' My Dick Last Night)" , Rolling Stones (W/ Andrew Loog Oldham , Gene Pitney , and Phil Spector.) "Andrew's Blues " ( Filthy ! ) , Screamin' Jay Hawkins "Furburger" , and the comparatively tame "Constipation Blues" , Alice Cooper "Dead Babies"  (In hindsight , an anti - drug and child abuse song.) , "I Love The Dead", "Cold Ethyl" , Mentally Ill "Gacy's Place" , Rotters "Sit on My Face , Stevie Nicks" , "The Rodeo Song" (Covered by a billion artists.) , "Sodomy" (From "Hair". Probably covered by tens of artists.) , Treniers "Poon - Tang" , Troggs "Strange Movies" , "Cousin Jane" (We're talking cousins , not siblings , but , it still has a creepy vibe.) , Prince "Sister"  (NOW , we're talking siblings.) Charlie Daniels "Uneasy Rider Pt. 2"  ( Anti - Gay , Anti Punk Rock , you name it.), Cramps "TV Set" ,  Bessie Davis , is it ? NOT Bessie Smith "SHAVE 'EM DRY" . Recorded in the 30's. So filthy , you might need a bath after listening. Blowfly - "Who Did I Eat Last Night?" , "Show me a Man Who Does'nt Want To Fuck Her..."

Andyuzz said:

Spazz is a derogatory term for someone physically disabled (derived from spastic which, unbelievably was an official term until about 15 yrs ago). Spazz was a common shout in the primary school playground, when we had no idea what it meant!

KK Dirty Money said:
      What does Spazz mean in your country? Just wonderin', 'cause I don't know...

Nobody mentioned the Meatmen, so I'll throw that one out there.

Oh, and this one's fun:

• September 28, 2011 6:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And , Native American , as well . In all cases , it was a symbol of life . Hitler had it altered slightly , and it became a symbol of death. I've heard of a "Reclaim The Swastika" movement , to bring it back to what it originally meant.

Chris Henniker said:
      I bet those who were shocked were ignorant of the fact it was a Hindu and Bhuddhist religious symbol, originally.

John Battles said:

Mark George ,

I don't think , either , That the Punks in the UK were wearing swastikas as anything more than a shock tactic , not as a show of support for The British Movement , National Front , or individual creeps like Enoch Powell , BUT , Siouxsie really stepped in it when she said "Too Many Jews for my Liking" , regardless of her intentions. I heard that Lydon once said ' We wear them to show that we're obedient members of the British Empire" . I've certainly seen a lot of photos of the fans wearing swastikas , either period pieces , or just drawn on. Of course , Johnny Thunders wore one , at least briefly , with The Dolls , presumably just for camp value . Ron Asheton , we all know about , but he always denied being pro - Nazi. Steve Priest , from The Sweet , too , appeared on TV in Nazi drag , but , it all looked extreme high camp , and , nothing else.  I'm sure it pissed some people off , anyway. They probably did'nt know what to be the most pissed off about !

Mark George Harrison said:

Belsen was exactly that John, Lydon was appalled when the rest of the Pistols re-recorded it with Ronnie Biggs. The swastika was worn by 70s punks in England to shock and not as any political statement. A friend of mine wore one, he was on holiday(Spain I think in 79/80) and was wearing it at dinner, a family were eating their food opposite when the Dad of the family made them spit their food out, my mate realised they were Jewish and had been wrongly given pork. He said that he felt sick and never wore it again, he was wearing it purely as a Pistols fan to look like Sid. Siouxsie wore a lot of swastikas at the time as well although, outside of London, I dont think anybody else really took it up. none of the punks i knew wore it, the gay cowboys t-shirt was the big favourite!

John Battles said:

Johnny , Good ones. Tho' I get the feeling "Belsen" was written with very dry sarcasm as an anti - Nazi /NF song. When Lydon says "JOIN THE ARMY ! BE A MAN !" , then , you can really hear the venom start to boil. Sid took a songrwriting credit , but , Johnny later claimed he let him have it , because he needed the money. Sid got a little TOO into the Swastika bit (Did he ever take that shirt off?), for which he got his ass beat , for wearing said T- Shirt in a Jewish neighborhood. But , while I think Lydon's politics were complex , Sid did'nt really seem to have any. A recent article in "The Chicago Reader" tried to say "Anarchy in The UK" WAS NOT A POLITICAL SONG......HUHN ?!!!!

BTW I'm really not into politics , just citing an example.

Johnny sic said:

"BELSEN WAS A GAS"   SeX PisToLs

"HOMOSEXUAl" Angry Samoans

• September 28, 2011 6:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I bet those who were shocked were ignorant of the fact it was a Hindu and Bhuddhist religious symbol, originally.

John Battles said:

Mark George ,

I don't think , either , That the Punks in the UK were wearing swastikas as anything more than a shock tactic , not as a show of support for The British Movement , National Front , or individual creeps like Enoch Powell , BUT , Siouxsie really stepped in it when she said "Too Many Jews for my Liking" , regardless of her intentions. I heard that Lydon once said ' We wear them to show that we're obedient members of the British Empire" . I've certainly seen a lot of photos of the fans wearing swastikas , either period pieces , or just drawn on. Of course , Johnny Thunders wore one , at least briefly , with The Dolls , presumably just for camp value . Ron Asheton , we all know about , but he always denied being pro - Nazi. Steve Priest , from The Sweet , too , appeared on TV in Nazi drag , but , it all looked extreme high camp , and , nothing else.  I'm sure it pissed some people off , anyway. They probably did'nt know what to be the most pissed off about !

Belsen was exactly that John, Lydon was appalled when the rest of the Pistols re-recorded it with Ronnie Biggs. The swastika was worn by 70s punks in England to shock and not as any political statement. A friend of mine wore one, he was on holiday(Spain I think in 79/80) and was wearing it at dinner, a family were eating their food opposite when the Dad of the family made them spit their food out, my mate realised they were Jewish and had been wrongly given pork. He said that he felt sick and never wore it again, he was wearing it purely as a Pistols fan to look like Sid. Siouxsie wore a lot of swastikas at the time as well although, outside of London, I dont think anybody else really took it up. none of the punks i knew wore it, the gay cowboys t-shirt was the big favourite!

John Battles said:

Johnny , Good ones. Tho' I get the feeling "Belsen" was written with very dry sarcasm as an anti - Nazi /NF song. When Lydon says "JOIN THE ARMY ! BE A MAN !" , then , you can really hear the venom start to boil. Sid took a songrwriting credit , but , Johnny later claimed he let him have it , because he needed the money. Sid got a little TOO into the Swastika bit (Did he ever take that shirt off?), for which he got his ass beat , for wearing said T- Shirt in a Jewish neighborhood. But , while I think Lydon's politics were complex , Sid did'nt really seem to have any. A recent article in "The Chicago Reader" tried to say "Anarchy in The UK" WAS NOT A POLITICAL SONG......HUHN ?!!!!

Johnny sic said:

• September 28, 2011 6:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Mark George ,

John Battles said:

Johnny sic said:

• September 28, 2011 4:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

Johnny sic said:

• September 28, 2011 3:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

"Kill The Children, Save The Food" by GG Alin's pure vitriol, but I think it was a sarcastic dig at Live Aid and fashionable causes generally. It's quite Stonesy. I love the Angry Samoans, they're so peurile as well as funny. Listen to the Ballad of Jerry Curlan, which is just pure schoolboy humour. I even wonder why they weren't sued for libel, nor Anal Cunt either?
    • September 28, 2011 1:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Johnny sic said:

• September 28, 2011 1:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Frankenstein Five , from Canada , eh? I booked , or co - booked , you guys in Chicago , with Lava Sutra , many years ago... Yeah , The New Fugitives got away with murder , but I think they figured that not many people were going to hear it. "When the rumors start around that I did it to my girl last night.  When all we did , that time , was watch the movies and go home and fight ! THAT'S QUEER !". iT'S LIKE THAT SONG "LISTEN GIRL" , " I'll shoot YOU in the head !!".
      "I Found a Peanut " by the mighty ,mighty Thee Midniters, ranks up there with "Spazz" , tho' it's not really offensive to any particular group...... JOHN.
      The Frankenstein Five said:

"That's Queer" by The NEw Fugitives (Back From the Grave) : "My father calls me black boy, but really I'm as white as a ghost". Jeesh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ59NVuZ3p0

• September 28, 2011 10:09 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I haven't seen them mentioned yet, but I'll have to say pretty much the entire Mentors catalog.
    • September 27, 2011 6:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No , they can't , but , that's Johnny humor. It's hard to imagine anyone taking it seriously.

I heard "Midnight Rambler" earlier today. For years , I thought the line was "I'm gonna hit and run rape her in anger...." But , now , I think he was saying "Hit and Run Rapier" , since he's reading off a list of weapons....I realize all this info is available elsewhere , but I only posess the sufficient lack of laziness to keep up with THIS.     ALSO , tHE STONES WERE JUST REGARDED , BY MANY , AS A "yin/yang" opposite to The Beatles' more vulnerable love song repertoirre ....even though "Run For Your Life " or "You Can't Do That" , to cite only two examples , COULD have been regular staples in Johnny Thunders' act  , except there's nothing funny about either of them. John Lennon and Johnny Thunders both had woman issues , and for similar reasons.

MikeL said:

How about "Under My Thumb" by the Rolling Stones?  The singer is bragging about his girlfriend's submissiveness, and the line that really gets me is when he sings, "I can still look at someone else."  Yeah, I know it's a mild example, but it's the one that stands out in my mind.

Oh, wait, I just thought of a far more horrible example..."Little Bit of Whore" by Johnny Thunders when he briefly worked with Wayne Kramer.  It's a great rock'n'roll song, but the lyrics can NEVER be heard in mixed company.

• August 25, 2011 9:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• August 24, 2011 12:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

http://youtu.be/ttAqS0e0Huk  

Not really too horriblely incorrect, but its still slightly racist seeing that they laugh at him and its an accent. Love the song though.

http://youtu.be/pEzJlhkzzjA

This one is amazing. Strippers, believe it or not, hate this song if Djed in their club. Seems a little more produced that my LP version however.

• August 22, 2011 10:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Walking On The Fighting Side of Me" is so brilliantly reactionary that it warrants a mention even if it aint strictly relevant, I know it by George Jones...

Tris Burns said:
      i forget the name of the track, somet like Bam Bam Batty Bye Bye - there's nothing shocking about Jamaicans (in general) hating gay people, lest we forget it was our lot who bashed them so heavily over the heads with that piece of crap The Bible that they knew no different, but Buju Banton getting a children's choir to sing the chorus was a stroke of un PC 'genius".

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel