Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: wanted suggestions for a rig

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 11, 2011 4:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

im a 14 year old british kid looking to expand my gear ,i play goth infused garage punk ,chief influenses being :the mummies ,the horrors ,the gories ,the outsiders ,the sonics ,thee headcoats ,the stooges and any othe obscure gare group of the 60s and 80s as well as the strokes ,libertines and afore mentiond horrors.

my current setup is a 1960s avon sg copy witha schaller single coil in the middle position that i use for the trebly tone into a vox vt20+ set to model a fender tweed reverb with fuzz ,so id like suggestions for amps guitars and fuzz pedals aswell as the gear used by the above bands or just settings for my vox

thanks.:)

• August 19, 2011 12:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

this is da fuzz maid....
    • August 12, 2011 6:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah i have the vox because im a musical scitzophrenic  and i eed to go fromm gutterfuzz to 50s style overdrive in beetween sounds ,

im not one to by vintage instruments to much as when my influenses used them they where new so id get a reissue

ie the reissue fuzz tone and vox tonebenders from the 90s  or the reissue vox phantom

• August 12, 2011 4:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

First of all; if you're happy with what you already have, I wouldn't worry too much.  Try not to get too "anal" about having the "right" equipment... becoming a gear-geek can tend to be counter-productive!

Anyway:

Am not a fan of "modeling" amps, so as a future (?) upgrade, I would recommend the Laney Lionheart series for amplification... great build-quality, a retro-look, and excellent basic clean and/or overdriven tube (valve) sounds.

Also, in my eyes there's no need to go the overpriced "vintage-route", when in search of a fuzz-pedal (or anything else for that matter)... there's plenty of modern-day clones that'll do the job just as well (and in many cases better!).  For over-the-top fuzz, I've got a Mosrite-clone from Ashbass called Fuzzbrite (as opposed to the original Fuzzrite), which I got of Ebay for a sensible amount of money.

(e)

• August 11, 2011 4:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Shin Ei Fuzz Wah. The last pedal you'll ever need son.
    • August 11, 2011 4:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i should mention by obscure garage band i refer mainly to the back from the grave series mainly

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel