Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Let's see some cool gear pictures!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 24, 2011 10:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I thought it would be neat to see some photo's of cool gear. Here's a 1966 Gibson Kalamazoo bass I scored on Ebay for $50. It was totally trashed & I restored it. What you got??

• May 16, 2012 6:17 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thanks John!!

John Carlucci said:

@ The Wardens. I found these straps at the Guitar center that have a locking mechanism built in so you don't need to pull out the starp buttons and add straplocks.  They're made by planet waves.

• May 16, 2012 5:38 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There's some really nice gear here. So many times I've thought, "I should have snapped a pic before losing that to the pawnshop".

• May 13, 2012 3:25 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

@ The Wardens. I found these straps at the Guitar center that have a locking mechanism built in so you don't need to pull out the starp buttons and add straplocks.  They're made by planet waves.

• May 9, 2012 8:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah vintage american guitars are pretty over the top all over the world i think. bit better here due to the dollar at the moment 

Winston Texas said:

Yup, probably why the dude is re-listing for the 3rd time. I don't know about where you live but American guitars have an outrageous mark-up here in the UK.

• May 9, 2012 8:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well spotted :) i was told it was some kind of special edition or something but never found any more info.. oh the wammy is around and yes i should get some strap locks instead of tape! 

G. Wood said:

The only thing I know about that Jazzmaster is the whammy bar is missing, and if it were mine, I'd get the tape off it. And it looks like you're playing an E.

• May 9, 2012 5:21 PM CDT
    • Untitled

The only thing I know about that Jazzmaster is the whammy bar is missing, and if it were mine, I'd get the tape off it. And it looks like you're playing an E.

• May 9, 2012 12:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yup, probably why the dude is re-listing for the 3rd time. I don't know about where you live but American guitars have an outrageous mark-up here in the UK.

• May 9, 2012 8:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

wow that a shit load of cash!!

• May 9, 2012 7:38 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

62 Silvertone 1485! not many of these in Australia!!! 

• May 9, 2012 7:37 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• May 9, 2012 3:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is all wonderful gear & much cooler than mine though mine sounds pretty good.

Pedal board with Magicstomp programmed with EFTP delays.

'64 Watkins Rapier which is my favourite Plunktrash guitar, a very '60's sounding instrument.

• May 1, 2012 12:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Awesome!
      G. Wood said:

One more... An unmarked Teisco, 60's. Great player, really strong pickups.

• April 30, 2012 5:40 PM CDT
    • Untitled

One more... An unmarked Teisco, 60's. Great player, really strong pickups.

• April 30, 2012 5:18 PM CDT
    • Untitled

I've got more... '67 Danelectro Convertible (with modern Marshall amp). '67 was the last year of production, I guess they had more necks than bodies, so this one got a Coral Firefly neck. I think it was used on other guitars, also. I've played and recorded with this one a lot, it's very versatile. Half of the chromed plastic logo is missing, if you have one, please get in touch.

• April 30, 2012 5:11 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Furthermore...'63 Jazzmaster. It originally had the head painted to match the body, but the person who had it before me sanded the paint off and drew on it! I got the drawings off and put some poly over it. One of those knobs isn't original, the black one, I think. 

• April 30, 2012 5:05 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Then there's this... Coral/Danelectro Longhorn. As mint as they get, and rare as can be. The Longhorn basses are around, but not many 6 strings.

• April 30, 2012 5:01 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Got this at a flea market two days ago, it cleaned up nice and sounds good. Name is "Howard," but I'm told they were also sold as "Zim-Gar." Japanese, 60's.

• April 14, 2012 4:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's a long shot of the old bass.

• April 14, 2012 4:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't bend the wood, I glue pieces together and sand them. Pro shops would also lathe them on CNC machines or something, but drums don't require that kind of thing, just ask any djembe carver.

I'll try and post some pics of our bass player's old Strat and pedal steel guitar that he inherited from his dad. It is a bit of a shame that he's playing an old Sears type bass when he has this kind of guitar too, but, hey it's only rock and roll. May as well post a pic of the bass too. It may be a legend by now!

John Carlucci said:

This is my 75 Gibson Les Paul Triumph Recording bass. One of only 200 made in white. (which has faded to yellow) It's one of the best sounding basses I ever heard.
    • September 17, 2011 11:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Brand new "RED"  VOX AC-15 owned by Kenny Wessel of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang!
    • September 14, 2011 2:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah thats weird ha ha, they seem a pit to poppy for me they seem like they kinda just jumped on the band wagon ha ha ha, they turned down Stepping stone and then when the monkees made it a hit the raiders did it also ha ha ha but that song kicks is ok   

John Carlucci said:

Luke Greenwood said:
      ... but i'm not really a big fan of the raiders ha ha...
      The Raiders had some great songs. The Revolutionary War outfits were always pretty lame however.
      I went to a vintage car show recently in Glendale Ca & The Raiders were playing.... actually it was Paul Revere & a bunch of young guys wearing the outfits... though they did not quite get it right... they were wearing Redcoats. (The British wore Redcoats) So I thought that was a bit odd. No one else seemed to notice but me. I mean  The real Historical Paul Revere was definitely NOT British... (no matter what Sarah Palin says)! lol!....Anyway, to make matters worse, they did their own "hits" as medley's then they turned into a classic rock Cover band, doing stuff like Led Zepplin songs! It was really weird.

• September 13, 2011 2:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Luke Greenwood said:
      ... but i'm not really a big fan of the raiders ha ha...
      The Raiders had some great songs. The Revolutionary War outfits were always pretty lame however.
      I went to a vintage car show recently in Glendale Ca & The Raiders were playing.... actually it was Paul Revere & a bunch of young guys wearing the outfits... though they did not quite get it right... they were wearing Redcoats. (The British wore Redcoats) So I thought that was a bit odd. No one else seemed to notice but me. I mean  The real Historical Paul Revere was definitely NOT British... (no matter what Sarah Palin says)! lol!....Anyway, to make matters worse, they did their own "hits" as medley's then they turned into a classic rock Cover band, doing stuff like Led Zepplin songs! It was really weird.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel