Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Let's see some cool gear pictures!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 13, 2011 1:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

that is super cool man i love that baby blue color and the fender neck loos good on it :) i think that fang from the raiders did the same thing to his phantom iV but i'm not really a big fan of the raiders ha ha

John Carlucci said:
      This is for Luke, who wanted to see some Phantom's...............Though not stock, this "Phantomcaster" is a historical piece of LA Rock N Roll history, for it belongs to Mike Palm, legendary guitar player in Socal Punk band, "Agent Orange". I took this photo backstage at their show Saturday night at The Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana Ca
    • September 12, 2011 12:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The s/s Gibson EBO is '64 and the l/s EB3 copy is '68

The Selmer TrebleNBass with bluefront cab is 50W and supposedly '66

The Vox Super Foundation is 100W and from '69, I believe. It features the 'Tone X' fuzz option

These have been stored away for 10+ years now, so if anyone wants to buy them, send me a PM :D :D :D 

• September 12, 2011 10:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is for Luke, who wanted to see some Phantom's...............Though not stock, this "Phantomcaster" is a historical piece of LA Rock N Roll history, for it belongs to Mike Palm, legendary guitar player in Socal Punk band, "Agent Orange". I took this photo backstage at their show Saturday night at The Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana Ca
    • September 11, 2011 1:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah cool would love to see it, my phantom has a hank marvin trem on it that i have only ever seen in these vox adds + i need an original bridge and bridge pickup put back into it 

John Carlucci said:

Nope. I never owned a Phantom. I had a Rickenbacker endorsement deal when I was in The Fuzztones so that's basically what I played. Before that I used my 67 Gibson EB2, the one in my profile picture. I was going for that Yardbirds sound. They used the Epiphone Rivoli, which was basically the same instrument. The Phantom's look cool, but I never liked the feel of the neck. My buddy Ryan who plays in a local SoCal band called Thee Spectors has the coolest Phantom ever. I'll try and get him to join & post some photos.

Luke Greenwood said:

you use to be in the fuzztones yeah? do you have any cool phantoms you can post pics of in here?

John Carlucci said:

Hey, you look familiar to me!

• September 10, 2011 9:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nice Yamaha! Very unique body style.

Mardy Pune said:

This is yesterdays score; A 1987 Yamaha SS 300.

• September 10, 2011 7:18 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Here's a crazy late 60's/early 70's Japanese multi-effect made by Companion. By turning the selector knob on the side you can access; a hurricane sound, a surf sound, a wah or you can switch it to make it a volume pedal. In addition to these the switch on the top front of the housing turns on a siren sound that sounds very similar to the sound from 50's police movies. The Hurricane and Surf sounds are just basically made by pink and white noise generators in the circuit. I've never found a practical use for this pedal, but it sure is a lot of fun to goof off with!

• September 10, 2011 7:00 PM CDT
    • Untitled

That is hot John!

I used to have an Ibanez lawsuit copy of the Les Paul Recording Guitar. I love the electronics in those things, Gibson were really trying to push the envelope with those things.

John Carlucci said:

This is my 75 Gibson Les Paul Triumph Recording bass. One of only 200 made in white. (which has faded to yellow) It's one of the best sounding basses I ever heard.
    • September 10, 2011 6:41 PM CDT
    • Untitled

This is yesterdays score; A 1987 Yamaha SS 300. I walked into the local guitar repair shop to grab some parts for a job I'm doing and walked out with it! They're getting out of the retail side of their business and everything was half price. For $200 Kiwi, I couldn't turn it down!

• September 10, 2011 11:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is my 75 Gibson Les Paul Triumph Recording bass. One of only 200 made in white. (which has faded to yellow) It's one of the best sounding basses I ever heard.
    • September 10, 2011 10:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nope. I never owned a Phantom. I had a Rickenbacker endorsement deal when I was in The Fuzztones so that's basically what I played. Before that I used my 67 Gibson EB2, the one in my profile picture. I was going for that Yardbirds sound. They used the Epiphone Rivoli, which was basically the same instrument. The Phantom's look cool, but I never liked the feel of the neck. My buddy Ryan who plays in a local SoCal band called Thee Spectors has the coolest Phantom ever. I'll try and get him to join & post some photos.

Luke Greenwood said:

you use to be in the fuzztones yeah? do you have any cool phantoms you can post pics of in here?

John Carlucci said:

• September 10, 2011 10:42 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nice! love the blue finish!

DammitDave said:

Burns Cobra and a Vox combo that I played on vacation.  You can't keep from playing Shadows licks:

Burns Cobra and a Vox combo

• September 4, 2011 1:34 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Carlucci said:

• September 4, 2011 1:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

here is the vox phantom i picked up yesterday 

• August 31, 2011 12:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Burns Cobra and a Vox combo that I played on vacation.  You can't keep from playing Shadows licks:

Burns Cobra and a Vox combo

• August 28, 2011 1:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

this is what i play with :) 

-59 tosca thunderstick (same as supuro super single or national westwood, previous owner put a supro lable on it)

-1755 Goldentone reverbmaster amp (really good 60's Aus made amp)

-60's gentex helicopter flight helmet (for mic and foldbacks)

• August 27, 2011 7:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

im pretty sure its a 63 uk vox phantom has the hank marvin tremolo on it and no rod in the neck
    • August 27, 2011 2:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• August 27, 2011 5:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

just bought this
    • August 20, 2011 9:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love the Hagstrom bass!! I want an 8 string Hagstrom bass!

Bald Bill & His One Man Band said:

The '66 Decca DMI-203 guitar I got free from Craigslist last month. It was in rough shape but I cleaned it up, cleaned out the pots, and gave it a set up. It sounds splendid.

The bass guitar is a '71 Hagstrom HIIBN I got free from my friend's dad with a hardcase. It was given to him by a relative who played in a bar band. Again, this guitar was in rough shape. The finish on the neck was in really bad shape & there was a ground wire coming out from under the pick guard to the bridge. I replaced the pots, fixed the ground wire, sanded the neck, cleaned it, and gave it a set up.

The Shure VA-300 mixer I got free from my same friend's father. I use this for micing instruments when recording to get a lo-fi sound. I really like the crappy reverb sound from this unit.

The amp I made from a stereo console. I seen a RCA Victor console out for trash while biking so I went home, got my car, and stuffed it in the back seat. It was a basic unit with just a turntable. The turntable was in bad shape so I took the amp and speakers out of it and made an amp with it. The amp cabinet I made from the lid of the console & I used the rest of the console as a box for my bbq supplies/ tools. The RCA tubes appear to be original. The amp isn't very loud but it is good for the living room. 

Billy

• August 5, 2011 10:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

@ Barry, lol! good one. He's a tour manager from Glasgow & he's currently working for the Undertones. @ Dave, you made that??? WOW! How do you bend the wood?
    • July 30, 2011 11:50 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sorry John, the only Dino I know popped his head thru the roof of Fred Flintstone's car at the drive in!
    • July 30, 2011 6:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool stuff! Love the baby blue Phantom & Really dig the red Hagstrom bass @ Barry, thanks for the compliment. I remember Glasgow it was freakin cold!!!! Do you know Dino?
    • July 29, 2011 8:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's my drum kit, which I built out of scrap beautiful hardwood from the dump, and put together stave style. (Except the rocky mountain juniper one which I went out and got chunks of wood in the bush for)

It may not sound like a commercial kit, but it rocks. These aren't  violins, they're drums, all I have to do is bash on them and they sound great!

Any sources of old hardware appreciated.

• July 29, 2011 6:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The '66 Decca DMI-203 guitar I got free from Craigslist last month. It was in rough shape but I cleaned it up, cleaned out the pots, and gave it a set up. It sounds splendid.

The bass guitar is a '71 Hagstrom HIIBN I got free from my friend's dad with a hardcase. It was given to him by a relative who played in a bar band. Again, this guitar was in rough shape. The finish on the neck was in really bad shape & there was a ground wire coming out from under the pick guard to the bridge. I replaced the pots, fixed the ground wire, sanded the neck, cleaned it, and gave it a set up.

The Shure VA-300 mixer I got free from my same friend's father. I use this for micing instruments when recording to get a lo-fi sound. I really like the crappy reverb sound from this unit.

The amp I made from a stereo console. I seen a RCA Victor console out for trash while biking so I went home, got my car, and stuffed it in the back seat. It was a basic unit with just a turntable. The turntable was in bad shape so I took the amp and speakers out of it and made an amp with it. The amp cabinet I made from the lid of the console & I used the rest of the console as a box for my bbq supplies/ tools. The RCA tubes appear to be original. The amp isn't very loud but it is good for the living room. 

Billy

• July 29, 2011 11:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi John

This here's my 1962/63 first production run English Vox Phantom. It still features in my dreams! Saw you in the Fuzztones in Glasgow, Scotland way back when In Heat first came out. Awesome....just like my guitar. Cheers.

Barry

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel