Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Niagara & Destroy All Monsters

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 18, 2011 6:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think this pretty underratewd band can find its place in this section....right??? Who's a fan???:);:)!

• June 17, 2012 7:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

GLAD TO , IF IT'S ANY HELP. When I first heard Calvert's original...I went ...waitaminnit.....

sleazy said:

Thanx for the nifty heads up on that.....:)

John Battles said:

YOU'RE RIGHT. IT WAS BEN MILLER. DAM GOT OVER WITH THE PUNK CROWD , BUT THEY WERE VIRTUALLY UNCLASSIFIABLE. I READ AN EARLY REVIEW THAT COMPARED THEM TO HAWKWIND....WELL, THEY DID DO ROBERT CALVERT'S "THE RIGHT STUFF" , A GREAT TUNE.

Dead Boy said:

Hmmmmm, it may be Michael Davis, but I don't know, actually, but I think, hmmmmmmmm, it's not Ron(?????).

The sax player was Ben Miller..

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS - Art Garage Punk 1977 - 78

• June 15, 2012 12:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanx for the nifty heads up on that.....:)

John Battles said:

YOU'RE RIGHT. IT WAS BEN MILLER. DAM GOT OVER WITH THE PUNK CROWD , BUT THEY WERE VIRTUALLY UNCLASSIFIABLE. I READ AN EARLY REVIEW THAT COMPARED THEM TO HAWKWIND....WELL, THEY DID DO ROBERT CALVERT'S "THE RIGHT STUFF" , A GREAT TUNE.

Dead Boy said:

Hmmmmm, it may be Michael Davis, but I don't know, actually, but I think, hmmmmmmmm, it's not Ron(?????).

• June 14, 2012 1:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dead Boy said:

• April 29, 2012 6:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This should have been a single , but DAM could barely get arrested (Or reissued , w/o permission , by French labels.) in 1985. I read that , around that time , Ron Asheton stepped out on the stage , and some punkass kids yelled "Ron , You're washed up !" , "Yeah , well , you don't have anything to be washed up from.". Who is that on the male vocals? It could be Michael Davis , but , I don't know if he was still playing with them , by then.....Ron sang a little with Dark Carnival , not bad , and did some good backing vox on songs like "Anyone Can Fuck Her" . But , most people forget Bobby Mulrooney /Bootsey X did a lot of the male lead vocals with Dark Carnival.Lourvely pics of Niagara. The combination of these artists , with the addition of....who was their short - term sax player? Made DAM an acquired taste , but one worth acquiring....Never followed their early 70's stuff , really. I know some people prefer it to the Asheton/Davis period. I met L.J. Steele , Drummer for DAM and Dark Carnival (Scott Asheton left the latter , early on. Maybe he went back , later? It was always Steele on their releases after the Stiv Bators memorial show.) , when he was briefly in Sylvain Sylvain's band . Nice guy , but NOT someone you'd want to fuck with, Muscles on top of his muscles.

• February 23, 2012 12:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dunno if it's unreleased actually, but it IS super cool :):)

Dead Boy said:

Destroy All Monsters - Spider (1985) 

The uploader says that it's one of many unreleased songs from the bands early 1980s period.

It's cool!!!

• February 21, 2012 10:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Destroy All Monsters - Spider (1985) 

The uploader says that it's one of many unreleased songs from the bands early 1980s period.

It's cool!!!

• January 23, 2012 6:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Good! : )  I wonder how many times she had a "Back To The Future" moment ?

"I'd like a TAB !"    "OH , it's OK  ! You'll get one at  the end of the evening!" 

"I KNOW I'll get one at the end of the evening , but , can I have my Tab , or what ?". 

whatwave dave said:

That's funny John....you triggered a memory for me of Niagara asking for that drink when she was in London Ontario over 20 years ago....lol....

• January 22, 2012 8:53 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's funny John....you triggered a memory for me of Niagara asking for that drink when she was in London Ontario over 20 years ago....lol....

• January 21, 2012 8:25 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Niagara's drink of choice , back then , was TAB ( Diet cola with a funny taste that supposedly contains non - opiate weight loss - inducing chemicals. Did'nt help ME when I was a kid. It still turns up , sometimes.) , but , of course , she was'nt limited to that.

• January 21, 2012 8:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There's also some recent footage on You Tube with The Hitmen , from Australia. Sounds great , and she still looks great , too.

sleazy said:

Let's not forget Niagara in Dark Carnival 2:):)

• October 7, 2011 2:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That would be cool to get :):):)

stiv rippengal said:
      the destroy all monsters/dark carnival box set is a worthwhile purchase if they're still selling them, features all the stuff and more!

• October 7, 2011 9:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Let's not forget Niagara in Dark Carnival 2:):)

• October 7, 2011 9:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Me!  I found this cool rogo!

Niagara stuff.  These t-shirts are bloody expensive! :(
    • August 13, 2011 9:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanx Sleazy...and that's Ron in the background crunching out killer riffs!

sleazy said:
      Highly COOL pic :):):)

whatwave dave said:

Destroy All Monsters morphed into Dark Carnival, with Ron Asheton on guitar and his brother Scott on the drums....here's Niagara picking butts off the stage of Call The Office in London Ontario 10/12/90. Yes, they were loud, but it was more than worth it to meet a coupla Stooges and Niagara. Picture is from the Whatwave Archives.

• August 13, 2011 6:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

But Niagara's vocals were the perfect combo with Ron's axe work :):):=)

Rev Velveteen Sly said:
      Actually, I revere them more for the participation of Ron Asheton [THE STOOGES] & Michael Davis [MC5] as well as Jim Shaw [R.I.P. 2010, from cancer.]   Niagara was a beautiful, slender groupie who lived thru all the drugs, made it to lead singer status, and now creates some cool lowbrow art as well [check it out at http://www.niagaradetroit.com/]  One time in the 80's I went to see them at the Pretzel Bowl in downtown Detroit...I think I lost 20% of my hearing that night just from the freakin' soundcheck.  That band could certainly fill any room with glorious noise!

• August 13, 2011 5:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Highly COOL pic :):):)

whatwave dave said:

Destroy All Monsters morphed into Dark Carnival, with Ron Asheton on guitar and his brother Scott on the drums....here's Niagara picking butts off the stage of Call The Office in London Ontario 10/12/90. Yes, they were loud, but it was more than worth it to meet a coupla Stooges and Niagara. Picture is from the Whatwave Archives.

• August 9, 2011 7:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• August 3, 2011 1:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Actually, I revere them more for the participation of Ron Asheton [THE STOOGES] & Michael Davis [MC5] as well as Jim Shaw [R.I.P. 2010, from cancer.]   Niagara was a beautiful, slender groupie who lived thru all the drugs, made it to lead singer status, and now creates some cool lowbrow art as well [check it out at http://www.niagaradetroit.com/]  One time in the 80's I went to see them at the Pretzel Bowl in downtown Detroit...I think I lost 20% of my hearing that night just from the freakin' soundcheck.  That band could certainly fill any room with glorious noise!
    • July 26, 2011 3:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i like Destroy All Monsters,  they're different than almost everything else.  its cool to drive around listening to Paranoid of Blondes or You Cant Kill Kill.  They always make me want to pick up my guitar and make some kinda noise.

• July 18, 2011 1:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ME 2 :):):)

SMF said:
      I love women who can handle their liquor.

• July 18, 2011 11:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I love women who can handle their liquor.
    • July 18, 2011 6:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dunno why the first picture of Niagara was removed ......it doesn't have any nudity in it whatsover....go figure :(:(

• July 18, 2011 6:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I didn't realize she was so pretty.  Not one of my faves but definitely did some interesting stuff.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel