Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Norton Records' 25th Anniversary All-Star Spectacular

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 20, 2011 10:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

here's some luis and the wildfires vids i took...yowza!!

http://youtu.be/SNngvRy792Q

http://youtu.be/C_x2Z3PjA6M

http://youtu.be/WAs1KD5rHIE

the Record Detective said:

Me i'm hoping that there are some clips posted from the saturday night triple threat of Luis and the Wildfires, Untamed Youth and the Randy Fuller Four. All three were outstanding and escalated the energy level. Don't think i'll ever be with that many people who get it again. Only three others around here know what i'm talking about and two were at the shows.

Many thanks to all the staff from Norton Records who made it all possible.

If Norton sells a 25th anniversary t-shirt it needs to include the words "I Survived"

• November 16, 2011 11:30 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I need that "I Survived" shirt...  although to be honest with you, before the Sonics started I didn't think I would, I thought I was gonna lose it.

And I agree with Mace, The Swingin Neckbreakers were great.  Lots of stuff off of Live for Buzz.

Swingin Neckbreakers -  Live for Buzz

http://youtu.be/HVYL0V2jO4I

Untamed Youth - Modello

http://youtu.be/m9TfrTF6kNA

• November 16, 2011 8:33 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Haha, very true!!

If Norton sells a 25th anniversary t-shirt it needs to include the words "I Survived"

• November 15, 2011 7:30 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Me i'm hoping that there are some clips posted from the saturday night triple threat of Luis and the Wildfires, Untamed Youth and the Randy Fuller Four. All three were outstanding and escalated the energy level. Don't think i'll ever be with that many people who get it again. Only three others around here know what i'm talking about and two were at the shows.

Many thanks to all the staff from Norton Records who made it all possible.

• November 15, 2011 2:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Neckbreakers always reminded me a bit of The Real Kids , who , I hope , will be able to return to live work.  It seems like Billy and Miriam kept a cool head thru all the craziness.

We owe 'em , BIG.   jOHN.

Mace Fobes said:

This really was something special...nice to see the efforts of two such amazing people celebrated with an appropriate level of enthusiasm.  The bands were all terrific, but for me I have to say the Swingin' Neckbreakers add-on to replace the Real Kids topped off the whole event!

• November 15, 2011 5:33 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This really was something special...nice to see the efforts of two such amazing people celebrated with an appropriate level of enthusiasm.  The bands were all terrific, but for me I have to say the Swingin' Neckbreakers add-on to replace the Real Kids topped off the whole event!

• November 14, 2011 7:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Pat , I see. somehow , your message kept turning uplike it was new...No big thing , tho'.

Pat said:

I left this message some months ago... i'm in France .

John Battles said:

Pat , did you just leave this message ? It reads like you did . I could be mistaken , my apologies if I am. Tonight (Sunday) is the last night. My friend told me you could'nt get tickets for love or money , if you just showed up on the street , but that a couple of people got in on one , but not all four , nights after some heavy hustling. It was that way  for that OTHER festival....

John Battles said:

It's the same all over. I saw The Cynics last week with about 35 people , and The Fleshtones , several months ago , to maybe fewer , still. The Woggles do OK when they're here , but they have'nt been in several years. In the 90's , when the economy was better , and there was a band boom , I bought way more new records than I needed. Some of the new "Garage" bands I only really needed to listen to once or twice , and then move on. Whereas , I first saw The Fleshtones in '84 , and The Cynics in '87 or early '88. They still bring the rock (Super Rock !), so , I'll still go see 'em....I can tell the hipsters , my Garage Rock is still alive , sorry about yours.

Rinjo Njori said:

This is NYC and Garage Rock shows for the big boys (Dirtbombs, Gories, Black LIps, etc. ) fill places like the Bowery, but bands like The Woggles, Fleshtones,etc. can barely fill a 100 person venue. Reigning Sound played at the Bell House but I missed the show.
      The Bellhouse is great, not too big and not too small. It's rectangluar, but the stage is on the long side so no matter where you stand your pretty close to the stage. I would guess there will be more out of towners than actual New Yorkers.

Pat said:

Does anyone knows how many tickets are available ?? is the venue big enough ??

i 'll try to figure how to get there, i've just come back from NY two weeks ago !!!!

• November 14, 2011 1:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Epic NYC siege for two nights of Norton and the Sonics at Maxwell's. Thanks to Billy and Miriam for knowing how to have fun. 

See y'all at the bell house friday night, saturday too! I'm rested and ready for some high octane rock and roll. And beer drinking in twelve hour shifts.

• November 14, 2011 3:06 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I left this message some months ago... i'm in France .

John Battles said:

Pat , did you just leave this message ? It reads like you did . I could be mistaken , my apologies if I am. Tonight (Sunday) is the last night. My friend told me you could'nt get tickets for love or money , if you just showed up on the street , but that a couple of people got in on one , but not all four , nights after some heavy hustling. It was that way  for that OTHER festival....

John Battles said:

It's the same all over. I saw The Cynics last week with about 35 people , and The Fleshtones , several months ago , to maybe fewer , still. The Woggles do OK when they're here , but they have'nt been in several years. In the 90's , when the economy was better , and there was a band boom , I bought way more new records than I needed. Some of the new "Garage" bands I only really needed to listen to once or twice , and then move on. Whereas , I first saw The Fleshtones in '84 , and The Cynics in '87 or early '88. They still bring the rock (Super Rock !), so , I'll still go see 'em....I can tell the hipsters , my Garage Rock is still alive , sorry about yours.

Rinjo Njori said:

This is NYC and Garage Rock shows for the big boys (Dirtbombs, Gories, Black LIps, etc. ) fill places like the Bowery, but bands like The Woggles, Fleshtones,etc. can barely fill a 100 person venue. Reigning Sound played at the Bell House but I missed the show.
      The Bellhouse is great, not too big and not too small. It's rectangluar, but the stage is on the long side so no matter where you stand your pretty close to the stage. I would guess there will be more out of towners than actual New Yorkers.

Pat said:

i 'll try to figure how to get there, i've just come back from NY two weeks ago !!!!

• November 13, 2011 11:16 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

Rinjo Njori said:

Pat said:

• November 13, 2011 11:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Rinjo Njori said:

Pat said:

• November 13, 2011 2:10 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"My wife , all she's - a wanna think about is MAMBO ! She's - a  move her body like - a this , and like - a THIS. She CRAZY."....

• November 13, 2011 9:31 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Phenominal! Congrats to Norton, Cramden, and Mr. Manicotti! Long Live Billy & Miriam!

• November 11, 2011 12:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Alarm Clocks , Garage Kings.  There's more than white socks and Cheez - Whip in Parma (PARMA ?!!).

• November 11, 2011 12:24 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thank you!

• November 10, 2011 8:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

See y'all at the bell house friday night, saturday too! I'm rested and ready for some high octane rock and roll. And beer drinking in twelve hour shifts.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel