Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Norton Records' 25th Anniversary All-Star Spectacular

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 10, 2011 4:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah , it's a damn shame. I thought this could have been a launching pad for The Real Kids' return to performing...I have'nt HEARD of them playing in 8 or 10 years , does'nt mean they were'nt......Roy and Cyril were already on the bill as special guests , but therewere no details as to what or when. I saw Roy a few months ago in San Francisco , and he basically just told me that they'd be there , that's all.....I've seen them twice , another old school act that will (Unintentionally , of course) make many the younger acts very , very nervous. They will CRUSH , KILL , DESTROY ! Be a-scared. 

• November 10, 2011 4:29 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah - Real Kids are not on the bell house website nor is Mark Sultan

but Black lips have been added tonite

& the website says this

"Norton honchos Billy Miller and Miriam LInna have been performing with The A-Bones since the 80's and keeping the spirit of rock'n'roll that can be found on all Norton releases very much alive. Tonight they will be joined by Roy Loney and Cyril Jordan of the fabulous Flamin' Groovies."

• November 10, 2011 4:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Have a great time , if you go , but , check this out. I don't know if it's true or not , but , I heard The Real Kids had to cancel. That's just what I heard, check WITH nORTON'S WEBSITE , OR ASK AT THE VENUE , if you're already there.

I predict The Figures of Light are going to blow the younger bands away.

• November 10, 2011 3:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've got an extra ticket for tonight, night #1 with The Phantom Surfers, 5,6,7,8's and the others... If you are a dude, i'll sell it to you. If you are a single babe who would like to get married to me here: http://www.tikiresort.com/ , you can have it for FREE if you buy me a drink.

• October 10, 2011 6:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi to all Folks... I'm super excited .. Buyed 3 months ago 3 tickets thurs, sat, sun .. I can't wait to come to US.. I'm a 33 year old garage lover from Italy and will come with my girlfriend.. I've waited for a line up like this for years... Now that's a reality.. I got some money saved last year and when I saw this NR 25th Anniversary i just couldn't wait.... I booked with delta airlines direct no stop from milan to jfk, one week of real garage fun in NY..

I just can't see..  

Aaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• October 1, 2011 2:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Howdy , Friends.   Tickets sold out some time ago. I think the venue can only hold 500 people a night , which may sound like a lot , but , not when you look at all these acts ....Hotel accomodations were still available , near the venue , as of a few weeks ago. They , of course , cost a fortune.  I only knew because I had a line on some tickets , but could'nt get a friend to split a hotel room , unless I was willing to sleep on the floor , without even a %#@!! bed roll. Sorry , I have minor back issues , and I WILL be a princess for the kind of money they wanted...Would have worked this out , many months ago . I tried to , but there were medical emergencies , and a death ,  in my family (Sorry for sharing , just letting you know , this was not a last minute thing for me. ) . If you're able to go ,BEG any friends you may have in NYC to put you up.
    • September 22, 2011 12:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

If anyone/ group of people is coming into town for this event and is looking for a cheaper alternative to a hotel- please consider my Bed & Breakfast

http://www.theisabellaatditmaspark.com/

It's about a 10 minute drive to the Bell House on the other side of Prospect Park. We are opening in Mid-October.

• September 10, 2011 3:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

finally had some extra cash to spend, only really wanted to go to the Thursday show, which was thankfully still available, though it would have been awesome to check out the Friday show, but it sold out too soon...
    • August 31, 2011 3:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

it's because you don't have a fixie...

Edroth said:
      From what I seem to be hearing... NY ain't to much of a happenin' place these days. Wich is a shame and kinda perculiar. Guess the lame asses have taken over the city?
    • August 31, 2011 1:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

From what I seem to be hearing... NY ain't to much of a happenin' place these days. Wich is a shame and kinda perculiar. Guess the lame asses have taken over the city?
    • August 30, 2011 3:40 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It is the same here in Paris... well, the Fleshtones can fill a 500person venue here.

If i were in NYC , i surely have bought my tickets on the first day, but i didn't know since 2 weeks ago , i could have had a chance to go there... I' ve just went to NYC in june ! and i've just seen 1 show ! which was the punk 77 copycat night at Otto's (great show).

I wish i could go back in time and took my holiday during the fest !! life's unfair !

Rinjo Njori said:

This is NYC and Garage Rock shows for the big boys (Dirtbombs, Gories, Black LIps, etc. ) fill places like the Bowery, but bands like The Woggles, Fleshtones,etc. can barely fill a 100 person venue. Reigning Sound played at the Bell House but I missed the show.
      The Bellhouse is great, not too big and not too small. It's rectangluar, but the stage is on the long side so no matter where you stand your pretty close to the stage. I would guess there will be more out of towners than actual New Yorkers.

Pat said:

Does anyone knows how many tickets are available ?? is the venue big enough ??

i 'll try to figure how to get there, i've just come back from NY two weeks ago !!!!

• August 29, 2011 11:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Reining Sound also doing a show on Wed night 9th at Maxwell's in Hoboken with Jackie & The Cedrics - only 15 bucks
    • August 3, 2011 10:17 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

This is NYC and Garage Rock shows for the big boys (Dirtbombs, Gories, Black LIps, etc. ) fill places like the Bowery, but bands like The Woggles, Fleshtones,etc. can barely fill a 100 person venue. Reigning Sound played at the Bell House but I missed the show. The Bellhouse is great, not too big and not too small. It's rectangluar, but the stage is on the long side so no matter where you stand your pretty close to the stage. I would guess there will be more out of towners than actual New Yorkers.

Pat said:

Does anyone knows how many tickets are available ?? is the venue big enough ??

i 'll try to figure how to get there, i've just come back from NY two weeks ago !!!!

• August 3, 2011 10:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

gOT MY TICKETS TODAY FOR THE 11/11/11 SHOW..
    • August 2, 2011 5:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ALARM CLOCKS! (yeah,reasontobelive???????)
    • July 30, 2011 1:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Wow !!! Great super rockin' vacations in view for you Bob !!!

SWAHILI BOB said:
      we're finishing off our vacation (from Australia) with this show and starting it off with the Las Vegas Shakedown - and try to jam as much rock & roll as we can into the weeks in between!!
    • July 29, 2011 5:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

we're finishing off our vacation (from Australia) with this show and starting it off with the Las Vegas Shakedown - and try to jam as much rock & roll as we can into the weeks in between!!
    • July 29, 2011 11:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Feeling like offering me a super nice & kind & unforgettable present ?!?

Anyone ?!?

• July 29, 2011 9:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Knocked out by just reading this!

Just been to BROOKLYN ...F-U-C-K!

Here for the stir

• July 29, 2011 9:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd go but I'm only 20 and can't go. This fucking sucks! :(
    • July 28, 2011 9:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Billy Miller had a post up the other day saying it was nearly sold out. So if you are gonna go get tickets asap

• July 27, 2011 12:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Got tix for Friday and Saturday nights, plus the Sonics gig @ Maxwell's. Should be tons o' fun.
    • July 14, 2011 11:50 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Got my tickets for all four nights (individually). However, the four day pass has already been sold out.
    • July 11, 2011 3:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I guess Bloodshot Bill's allowed in America now?

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel