Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Eastwood Hi-Flyer?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 27, 2011 7:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've been reading up, checking out the videos, reading the reviews and  I'm kicking around the idea of getting an Eastwood Hi-Flyer, anyone on this board have any experiences they'd like to share? I'm mostly concerned with the tremolo, is it crap or will it stay in tune? Thanks in advance!
    • August 26, 2011 2:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

im looking into one too the trem looks decent from what ive seen and the looks pretty nice ,can i get it in white or black ?
    • June 20, 2011 3:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The guitar & bass player in my band play Eastwood.  Both of them have upgraded electronics,bridge etc......Overall I know they both love the versions they have.  Guitar has the Map, & The the 59 custom 3P, Bass has The Airline. 

• May 23, 2011 5:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think it may be hit or miss with Korean/Chinese made guitars. I own a Dearmond that is very well made from Korea and a Chinese Danelectro that has a binding tape issue other than that it's ~ okay. I did check out a Chinese Telecaster that was pretty crappy all the way around.
    • May 16, 2011 10:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I cannot speak for Eastwood's Hi-Flyer in particular. However, I have been playing an Eastwood Sidejack for over a year now and I can not speak highly enough for it. Rag on China and Korea all you want but their current production methods meet or exceed the standard here in the US and the Eastwood guitars show it.
    • April 27, 2011 8:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah ive got the humbuckers which i believe are schallers. For a surf tone theyre surprisingly good clean, even though theyre humbuckers. They sound great. Mines got the wraparound tailpiece(no trem). Also the price i got it for is totally thrown off by the fact i picked it up in Ecuador in what i think might be the only used guitars shop in the country, thats to say i think i got a good deal.

I cant personally speak for how they compare to the eastwoods, but id like to play one for sure.

• April 27, 2011 8:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've always liked the Univox, hi flyer, but man, a decent one on ebay can get kinda pricey. How are the pick ups in yours? Looks like there's two versions, black P-90's and some kind of off white version. Hang on, I'm coming from a surf guitar perspective, so keep that in mind.
    • April 27, 2011 7:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I picked up a 70's univox hi-flier and it has exceeded all expectations. Just another option for a mosrite copy for you to check out.

The guitar player from OFF! has at least two of them, and Kurt cobain used them on bleach and in utero.

I picked mine up for 450$ with the case and some spare strings/cables.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel