Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: I just got back from seeing ? and the Mysterians :)

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 9, 2011 10:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The band put on a good show, but what I really liked was watching "The T.A.M.I. Show," which was screened before the band hit the stage.  That was my first time watching it, and I'll definitely have to get the DVD.

Anyone else here ever see ? and the Mysterians or "The T.A.M.I. Show"?  If so, do you have any thoughts to share?

• April 12, 2011 11:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You forced me to check out the Barbarians TAMI show on youtube.  Moulty's antics then forced me to move the excursion to Spinal Tap's "give me some money".  Give Me Some Money made me realize there are no good live videos of Dukes of Hamburg available online.
    • April 12, 2011 7:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool reviews.  And I agree with your criticism of "The TAMI Show."  I also did not like seeing Chuck Berry starting his classic "Maybelline," only to have Gerry and the Pacemakers finish it.  I always thought those guys were a third rate derivative of the Beatles.  That man deserves far better.  I did like the dancer who was behind Berry on the platform as he sang "Sweet Little 16."  I wonder if Berry got to bang her and the other dancers backstage?  I also wished the Barbarians could have played more than one song.  They were great to watch, because they looked so cartoonish.  Keith Richards looked like a 12-year-old back then, and while I still thing Mick Jagger is a great frontman, his moves looked kind of jerky compared to the ultra smooth Smokey Robinson and Marvin Gaye, and he didn't even come close to James Brown's energy level.  I loved that comment about Brown never being sent to charm school.  

swt said:
      I saw ? & The Mysterians last year in New York at a free show (that also featured The Gories, Death and Mitch Ryder)
      The highlight is when Ronnie Spector joined them onstage for "96 Tears"

RONNIE SPECTOR & ?

I wrote about that show here: http://steveterrell.blogspot.com/2010/08/terrells-tune-up-what-i-di...

And I wrote about The T.A.M.I. show HERE:
      http://steveterrell.blogspot.com/2010/04/terrells-tuneup-tamis-in-l...
    • April 11, 2011 7:26 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here is the wikipedia version of what the TAMI show was...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T.A.M.I._Show

ELECTROMAGS said:

I saw them play Ann Arbor about a year and a half ago. They are originally from near where I live here in Michigan, so I think it was just a one-off show.  They played an intimate little club downtown that holds about 80 people comfortably. 

They rocked and sounded good. ? still can pull it off for being an old-timer now.

I am not familiar with the TAMI Show. What is that?

• April 10, 2011 8:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I saw them play Ann Arbor about a year and a half ago. They are originally from near where I live here in Michigan, so I think it was just a one-off show.  They played an intimate little club downtown that holds about 80 people comfortably. 

They rocked and sounded good. ? still can pull it off for being an old-timer now.

I am not familiar with the TAMI Show. What is that?

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel