Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Who's using Spotify?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 8, 2011 7:06 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Any of you lovely people use Spotify?  I'm putting together a playlist (whiles the hours at work!) and thought I'd open it up to other people to add to. The List is called Andyuzz's List - feel free to subscribe to list and put on some kicking toons!

If you don't belong to Spotify - what should I put on (the choice of music is not exhaustive!)

laters believers

• December 28, 2011 9:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I wasn't able to figure out how to find yer playlist on spotify.  My recommendation tho is Nathaniel Mayer, White Dress.

• December 28, 2011 9:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Love Spotify! I'll try to look it up & add :)

• December 28, 2011 8:53 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I spend far too much time making playlists on spotify. I think I have some really good ones too....

This is perhaps the best- 100 tracks from 5 or maybe 6 different decades!

Garage rock

I have two profiles(so i can listen to more songs!)

Please add me to your spotify guys!

timothywilliamlicence

timcan1988

• August 31, 2011 3:37 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks Steve, that share site will be useful as I don't get time at work to do much searching!

I've subscribed to the GaragePunk Hideout comp so I gues you'll work out my profile!!!

I'll have to work on MY lists now!!

thanks again Steve

• August 30, 2011 2:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Looking forward to that, Mr. A. 

Last night I discovered this cool site for Spotify users Sharemyplaylists.com I added all of mine there (17 now!)

http://sharemyplaylists.com/members/steveterrell

YOU GOT GOOD TASTE said:

Watcha Steve

I've got Spotify at work so its on all day, but I have to keep deleting some of the BAD TASTE selections chosen by my staff!!

Now i've got some quick and easy playlists  a la Mr T, thanks.

I've got to read the help thingy you've posted cos i really havent given the spotify thing much time and didn't realise you could share lists, D'Oh.

I'll concentrate a bit more and send over my playlist when i've added a few, keep in mind that it will be customer friendly!!!

ps been away a week so I'm gonna catch up with the podunk show soon.

swt said:

Just posted this on my music blog.

I was just getting used to the Amazon and Google music clouds when along comes Spotify. For the past couple of weeks or so, this is where I've been listening to most of my music.

And creating playlists has become one of the most addictive internet time-wasters I've ever  indulged in.

Basically Spotify allows you to stream about 15 million (!) songs. The whole song, not just 30-second clips. And not just well known groups -- lots of bitchen obscurities.

If you're on the free plan, which I am at this point,you have to endure an occasional audio ad. (Most of these currently are house ads telling you about various features of Spotify and urging you to upgrade to a pay plan. A few spots by record companies turn up

Other people have written better beginners' guides to Spotify than I could do. (Here's one).

I just wanted to post links to my playlists. Subscribe to your favorites. Most of them will be evolving as new stuff is added. Here they are:

* Big Enchilada Super Smashes:  A sampling of songs that have been played on The Big Enchilada podcast.

* Psychedelic '60s: An hour or so of late '60s psychedelia, mainly stuff they played on the radio in 67-68.

Psychobilly Madness: Greasy punks with stand-up basses. Hotrods! Switchblades!  Zombies!

* Rock 'n' Soul: Everywhere I go from Kansas City up to Maine, Rock 'n' Soul Music's driving people insane!

* Frank Furter's Fave: A tribute to the American hotdog.

* The Great Country Albums: From Marty Robbins to The Waco Brothers, some of my favorite country albums of all time. (No "greatest hits" compilations here. These are all albums that were meant to be heard as such.) 11 hours of music here!

*  Country Underground : Call it underground country, call it XXX country, call it the music Nashville does NOT want you to hear (hey, that sounds familiar!) Here's an hour or so of the stuff

* '70s Country Jukebox: An hour's worth of country classics (and some shoulda-been classics) that they actually used to play on AM country stations.

* Alt Country, The First Generation: This is country rock from the mid '60s through the mid 70s.

* Gospel Glory: I went nuts with this one. Six hours of Lord-praising, soul-saving Black gospel, mostly from the 40s and 50s, though I've got some great Staples Singers tunes in here.

* Remember the Fabulous '90s: Grunge and more. Mostly early '90s stuff.

* Songs I Heard on My Transistor Radio: I almost called this my "Measles Mix" because when I caught the measles in the early '60s (I was in third grade) I found solace and discovered a whole new world of music in a little transistor radio my mom gave me. It wasn't much bigger than my iPod is now. At first it was just a way to escape the boredom of having to stay home from school but being too sick to hang out with friends. The music became an obsession. Come to think of it, it still is. Here are some of the songs from the pre-Beatles '60s that led me to become the rock 'n' roll maniac I am today.
    • August 30, 2011 2:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool. Thanks. Hope you enjoyed it

Gotham City Mashers said:
      SWT - I'm blasting Big Enchilada Super Smashes right now.  Nice!

swt said:
      I'm loving Spotify. I gotta bunch of playlists up:

http://open.spotify.com/user/robotclaw
    • August 30, 2011 2:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Watcha Steve

I've got Spotify at work so its on all day, but I have to keep deleting some of the BAD TASTE selections chosen by my staff!!

Now i've got some quick and easy playlists  a la Mr T, thanks.

I've got to read the help thingy you've posted cos i really havent given the spotify thing much time and didn't realise you could share lists, D'Oh.

I'll concentrate a bit more and send over my playlist when i've added a few, keep in mind that it will be customer friendly!!!

ps been away a week so I'm gonna catch up with the podunk show soon.

swt said:

I was just getting used to the Amazon and Google music clouds when along comes Spotify. For the past couple of weeks or so, this is where I've been listening to most of my music.

And creating playlists has become one of the most addictive internet time-wasters I've ever  indulged in.

Basically Spotify allows you to stream about 15 million (!) songs. The whole song, not just 30-second clips. And not just well known groups -- lots of bitchen obscurities.

If you're on the free plan, which I am at this point,you have to endure an occasional audio ad. (Most of these currently are house ads telling you about various features of Spotify and urging you to upgrade to a pay plan. A few spots by record companies turn up

Other people have written better beginners' guides to Spotify than I could do. (Here's one).

I just wanted to post links to my playlists. Subscribe to your favorites. Most of them will be evolving as new stuff is added. Here they are:

* Big Enchilada Super Smashes:  A sampling of songs that have been played on The Big Enchilada podcast.

* Psychedelic '60s: An hour or so of late '60s psychedelia, mainly stuff they played on the radio in 67-68.

Psychobilly Madness: Greasy punks with stand-up basses. Hotrods! Switchblades!  Zombies!

* Rock 'n' Soul: Everywhere I go from Kansas City up to Maine, Rock 'n' Soul Music's driving people insane!

* The Great Country Albums: From Marty Robbins to The Waco Brothers, some of my favorite country albums of all time. (No "greatest hits" compilations here. These are all albums that were meant to be heard as such.) 11 hours of music here!

*  Country Underground : Call it underground country, call it XXX country, call it the music Nashville does NOT want you to hear (hey, that sounds familiar!) Here's an hour or so of the stuff

* '70s Country Jukebox: An hour's worth of country classics (and some shoulda-been classics) that they actually used to play on AM country stations.

* Alt Country, The First Generation: This is country rock from the mid '60s through the mid 70s.

* Gospel Glory: I went nuts with this one. Six hours of Lord-praising, soul-saving Black gospel, mostly from the 40s and 50s, though I've got some great Staples Singers tunes in here.

* Songs I Heard on My Transistor Radio: I almost called this my "Measles Mix" because when I caught the measles in the early '60s (I was in third grade) I found solace and discovered a whole new world of music in a little transistor radio my mom gave me. It wasn't much bigger than my iPod is now. At first it was just a way to escape the boredom of having to stay home from school but being too sick to hang out with friends. The music became an obsession. Come to think of it, it still is. Here are some of the songs from the pre-Beatles '60s that led me to become the rock 'n' roll maniac I am today.
    • August 13, 2011 12:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel