Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Who wants to do a podcast?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 26, 2011 2:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've had lots of difficulty getting through to Craig (The Barman) about his podcast, but it doesn't appear he's that interested in doing it much anymore, anyway, as he hasn't posted an episode since last September and only did a total of two episodes all of last year. So I'm looking for someone new to do an all-Aussie/Kiwi podcast with new monthly episodes to include on the GaragePunk Podcast Network that originates here on the Hideout. In fact, you can even use "Antipodean Attack!" as the name if you'd like (it'd be nice to tie it in with this group). If you've ever thought about doing a podcast, maybe now is your opportunity. I'd prefer someone with some prior public speaking and/or radio/podcasting experience, as it's pretty difficult for someone who's never spoken into a mic before to do a show that captures their personality and displays a lot of spirit that you need to have a really great show that people will want to listen to. The music should also be a good mix of old vs. new stuff, and I'd expect to hear some great '60s garage/surf along with the cutting-edge new garage/punk/surf acts from the region. If you think you have what it takes, then let me know and get to work!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• August 14, 2011 4:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Is the podcast happening? I can recommend some awesome nz acts to add to your show. I do a show on bfm so dont have the time, but definately keen to subscribe.

• July 20, 2011 3:57 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Many apologies garagepunkers for putting my hand up for this awhile back -- real life got in the way of dreams --  I'm very glad to see an Oz show up and running.

• July 13, 2011 9:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Did this get a go ahead ? I could be very well interested. Very much into my (especially Melbourne & Sydney) local garagepunk/trash scene. I could easily manage 6+ podcasts a year. Lots of spare time on my hands.
    • July 1, 2011 4:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jenni, I'd love to hear any sort of podcast that you'd like to do. Since you're not a current resident of the region, why not just start a more general podcast? If you can handle doing a new episode every two months or so (at least), then you can just do your own show and then have a special episode where you play all Aussie stuff. Or two episodes like that, or whatever. Let me know what you think.

We do have someone else here who has stepped forward to do an Aussie/NZ show and it will be debuting soon, but it's not like there's room for only one, so Johnny, if you're still interested, too, let me know.

Cheers.

• April 20, 2011 2:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jeff, I might be up for it but my schedule is a little nuts until May. I do have an enormous Aussie garage/punk collection, it's actually kind of ridiculous how much music I've accumulated specifically from Australia, and as you know I've already got the radio credentials. The only thing is that I am indeed an ex-pat - grew up in Adelaide, but I'm in the U.S. It'd be much cooler if you could get an actual Australian to do it because I lost any traces of my accent back in '89, so it's gonna be obvious I'm a Yank :-)

Anyway, you know where to find me I think :-)

Jenni/LPL

WORT 89.9 FM, Madison WI

• April 15, 2011 4:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well, Johnny, if you'd like to give it a shot, I'm all ears. Shoot me a direct message and I'll give you some more info. Thanks!

• March 8, 2011 8:05 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm interested. I've had plenty of public speaking/MC/stage/performing experience plus recording & some garage DJing. Never done a radio show but had a bit of training for the local station (didn't end up presenting as they had a set playlist and crazy rules). My knowledge of local garage/punk/surf is more by osmosis than dedicated collecting, I'm very willing to dig into and explore current and past scenes but if there is someone with a huge record collection and vast knowledge then they should do it ...

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel