Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: YOUR fave KICK ASS Podcast Shows!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 28, 2011 5:20 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know this network is filled with more sounds than one brain can handle, thus there is a truckload of people providing all kinds of crazy PODCASTS for all kinds of minds to dig into! There's a lot going on, which makes it easy to miss a nugget or two, so...

I don't know if there is already a discussion profiling some of your favorite GARAGEPUNK PODCAST mindblowers, but I figured it would be cool to pool all the shows that have had a lasting impression on yourselfs, for people to pick out and dig thru and not lastly, give some extra applause to the folks dishing them out to us for NADA but the love of it!

Here for the stir

• February 21, 2012 3:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OOOOOKEY... I have been on the low end with this one here....time to catch up:

Freddi's KICKS FROM THE BOOT #32 is bad ass and comes with a free comp to download!

STW's BIG ENCHILADA #45 is a real live Freakshow routine, also having a lot of download links for free stuff!

Mr A's YOU GOT GOOD TASTE #43 is the shit and you better smell! He's also got a new line of events coming up called WEIRDSVILLE + with bands

The SONIC NIGHTMARES team of goons has whupped the glove in it's own face with episode #57 - sorry no additional free stuff, with the already free stuff! Looks like 57 is my lucky number.

Not meaning to single out already popular shows, these have just been on my replay list, hope to add more soon!

Here for the stir

• February 19, 2011 9:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

40 oz. of Nonsense is a great new podcast 60's numbers booze and everything inbetween

Rat Surf Radio has a good punk edge and super surf tunes

Noise Annoys too has great classic punk

and Kicks from the Boot just kicks ass

• February 15, 2011 4:31 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah man!

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

Anyway, my favorite episode is always the one I'm going to listen. It's so exciting to press play and discover a brand new GARAGEPUNK podcast ! Wow ! That blows my mind everytime !

Here for the stir

• February 9, 2011 5:05 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh yeah, I love each and every podcast here for different reasons but it's true that some special episodes stand on top of the top of my personal top !

Which ones ? errr...I should have noted...

Oh, I remember an old all instrumental episode of FLYING SAUCER ROCK'N'ROLL or an old HOT SLOP rockabilly special episode for example but that was a long time ago...

I also remember a great episode of THE DESPERATE HOUR filled with wonderful 60s depressed garage tunes only and the surf episode of THE HAUNTED SHACK THEATER (#10) for example. 

And the episodes of THE GARAGEPUNK SURFCAST #12 and #8 hosted by Sharky von Gasser and...

Oh man, there are so many to list ! Once again they're all so great !!! ...I give up...

Anyway, my favorite episode is always the one I'm going to listen. It's so exciting to press play and discover a brand new GARAGEPUNK podcast ! Wow ! That blows my mind everytime !

• January 28, 2011 8:54 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YES! Desperate Hour is great! The recent Computer programmed episodes Alex shot out are totally swell.

fuzzybeb said:

I love the "The Desparate Hour," "the Big Enchilada," "Noise Annoys" but it's pleasant to listen at all of them!

cheers

Here for the stir

• January 28, 2011 8:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh sure thing Mal! Yours and everyones work here is very appreciated, it wouldn't be the same in any way without it. I usually am a fan of each and every episode coming along, but as it is, some just stick with you and keep things extra crazy, right?

I just discovered "UGLY THINGS..." and heard you mention it on the show. Checked it out, it's a lot of fun and quite informative.

"OUT OF THE VAULTS..." is amazing, the GORIES and PENETRATORS shows come to mind!

Mal Thursday said:

Thanks, man. All of my fellow podcasters deliver the goods so it's hard to single out any one show, although I will say UGLY THINGS ON THE RADIO is a fine addition to the line-up. The OUT OF THE VAULTS, INTO YOUR EARS series has some great, great stuff on it if you've never checked it out.

Here for the stir

• January 28, 2011 7:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love the "The Desparate Hour," "the Big Enchilada," "Noise Annoys" but it's pleasant to listen at all of them!

cheers

• January 28, 2011 7:11 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks, man. All of my fellow podcasters deliver the goods so it's hard to single out any one show, although I will say UGLY THINGS ON THE RADIO is a fine addition to the line-up. The OUT OF THE VAULTS, INTO YOUR EARS series has some great, great stuff on it if you've never checked it out.
    • January 28, 2011 5:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OKs... I'll start out with some recent Action (just what I had time to listen to now, the list will be longer, so don't think I'll be dismissing out on you:

The recently exiled Michael Kaisers RADIOBLIVION #68, #69 really blew it up! #69 kicks off with some Guitar Wolf, that's always welcome of course, then the whole thing just BLOWS UP! I can't even remember to tell what I enjoyed most, cause I still couldn't pick my mind up from the floor, walls and ceiling.

Mal Thursday's never one to let candy go to waste. He has programmed some excellent stuff in the recent MAL THURSDAY show #34 (has a new Kim Fowley produced track among other swell stuff) and the numbers #1-3 of the TEXAS TYME MACHINE that kicks ass in a complete fashion. There's a JESSE SUBLET interview in there, where they are  talking about the history of the SKUNKS.

Koppers newest issue of NOISE ANNOYS #13 is chock full with good stuff: DEVO, THE SPITS, THE DRAGS (which is specially good to me!)... LAZY COWGIRLS, Hell, I could go on forever.

Freddies KICKS FROM THE BOOT #18 is a Killer collection of distortion, this time he teams up with Sara to throw out a SPECIAL FEMALE FORCE issue! I sure like that, there's a lot of cool stuff in there.

Steve dishes out more of the BIG ENCHILADA in #32, actually he's slapping it together, bringing some of my fave LOVESTRUCK from Brooklyn and some other stuff, i can't pass by.

I know I should add direct links, but just do the search-a-roo please!

Here for the stir

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel