Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Scott Law

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 24, 2011 2:55 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We get tens of thousands of listeners on this here podcast network, but one of the most loyal and rabid fans has been Scott Law. He's also a great fan of exploitation movies and other fine cultural artifacts.

I could always count on his enthusiastic response to every new 'cast I posted, whether it was THE MAL THURSDAY SHOW, FLORIDA ROCKS AGAIN!, or TEXAS TYME MACHINE.

Last week, Scott suffered a brain stem aneurysm, and has been in a coma ever since. Those of us who have come to know Scott have been hoping for a miracle. Today, his wife Susan posted this on Facebook:

"Scott is stable and doing better. He will live, but as a vegetable. Meeting with lawyer today to keep that from happening to him. He was too vital and loved life too much to live like that. Pray for me. Thanks."

I'm pretty torn up about this, even though I have never met him person. He had planned on driving to Austin to attend the Sons of Hercules/Kenny and the Kasuals/Texreys show I'm doing next month, and I was looking forward to getting to know him better.

I don't know what to do, there's not much I can do, but I just wanted to pay tribute to the man.

• January 27, 2011 11:59 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's Scott's page on the Hideout:

http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/maumau88

Enjoy every minute of life, folks. You never know when it's your turn to punch your ticket.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 27, 2011 11:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Holy shit. This is shocking. I never met the guy, but he was ALWAYS an avid supporter of all things garage-punk and, yes indeed, this very website and podcasts, as Mal and Heather said. Very sorry to hear this news. Just terrible.

Crushed,

kopper

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 25, 2011 2:00 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's terrible ! I feel so useless...Just wanted to say to his wife that we support her too...for what it's worth. 

Never met Scott in person neither but he was a great fun virtual friend.

How could we help ?

• January 24, 2011 3:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

As someone who has known Scott off and on for the past ten years, I can tell you there have been few things he has loved more than all of the fine folks here at Garagepunk.com. He was the one that turned me on to this place, since one of the big things we bonded over was b-movie/fringe film culture, trash rock, punk, all things psychobilly, etc etc. He's a tough guy who has weathered a lot of things in his life but something that always seem to bring him an insane amount of joy was this place and all of its fantastic podcasts and folks. My life was forever changed the day that I became friends with Scott and I am hoping and praying for a miracle. He's one of a kind babies.
    • January 24, 2011 3:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I was stunned, shocked upset annoyed when I heard this as I simile have had great support and interest from Scott over the many months to my podcast show, his enthusiasm for music and sense of humour for the WEIRD have kept me entertained and I'm sure loads of other trash fans too.

I'm really only writing this to let someone somewhere know that Scott dose not deserve this BUT what the fuck can I do other than also pay tribute to one cool guy, lets hope that some kinda miracle in the non spiritual sense comes about to bring Scott back.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel