Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums The Rest of the World
  • Topic: LOS SAICOS & other Spanish garage!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 18, 2011 9:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I came to discover recently that a lotta people who dig garage in the US haven't had the visceral pleasure of hearing much Spanish-language garage.. For some reason it seems really unappreciated! Anyone have any favorites to share?

Here are two by Los Saicos from Lima, Peru!

• February 14, 2011 12:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Los Aspiradors from Toledo are pretty alright, don't know if I've heard them yet here on the GPPN.

Also, the Ulan Bator trio... Great fuckin news about the new Los Peyotes LP, too!

Love Los Saicos, cool vids

• February 13, 2011 1:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Juanita Y Los Feos are amazing!!!
    • February 13, 2011 9:21 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi there ,

I hope you are well and thank you for listening in a month or so back.

Los Peyotes have a new album out on Dirty Water Records and Los Glosters are also worth a listen.

Both of which i play on "The Smart Set " fridays 8.00pm to 10.00pm UK time www.bayfm.co.uk  or see the playlists www.thesmartset2010.com .

best wishes

Marrs

• February 11, 2011 5:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love Spanish garagerock!

I love Los Saicos and saw them play in 2010- they were really good and I think they played Ana twice because everyone was so in love with it. I love El Entierro De Los Gatos the best.

Also I love the cover of Demolicion by Wau y Los Arrrghs, good to flail about to some Tatatataatayayayaya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJjn4-fdhQ

I've seen Los Chicos many times and they always put on a fantastic live show- plus they've dressed in drag and challenged me to a dance-off and have also iced my ankle when I slipped in high heels on an ice-cube coming down the cement stage steps, plus "We sound Amazing but We Look Like Shit" is a pretty great song/album name it must be said (albeit in English).

Also I love Davila 666!

• February 8, 2011 5:47 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know a spanish beat band named Los Idolos. I think they're rather funny than cool, but I pretty much like them...

www.cyco-sanchez.de

• January 20, 2011 2:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There are plenty of amazing Spanish-speaking garage bands. Mexico has a great garage scene at the moment with bands like Las Bruscas, Los Explosivos, Los Human Flys, Los Nassis, Telekrimen, Polo Pepe, Los Cavernarios, Lost Acapulco, Mustang 66 and many more. There are the classic bands too: Las Moskas, Los Matematicos, etc.

Of course one can't talk about Spanish-speaking garage and not mention Peru's amazing 60s bands: Los Saicos, Los Shain's, Los York's, Los Datsuns, etc. Los Mangazoides were also great, but I think they broke up last year.

David mentioned many of the great Spanish bands. I'd also like to add The Hollywood Sinners, Los Salvajes (60s), and Los Fregaplatos.

There's lots of great stuff out there.

Have fun!

Jorge

• January 20, 2011 7:27 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi there!

Here in Spain we have some good music too! 

Wau y los Argghs are a punk-garage-surf band from Valencia with a frontman, Juanito Arggh that it's completely crazy and ultra-destroyer

Los Chicos, punk-rock from Madrid, ultra-chaotic concerts.

The Meows and Els Trons from Barcelona great garage-beat bands.

Doctor Explosion garage-beat 60's from Asturias. Jorge explosion is like the godfather of 60's sound here and runs Circo Perrotti studios, 100% analogic where a lot of people in Europe record. 

Los Perros from Castellon, punk-rock.

The last week i bought a 45 of a 60's band from Barcelona called the Born Losers. Instro fuzzed guitars that smells like burned rubber. Great single!

But my favourite spanish band was La Banda Trapera del Rio. Punk'n'roll from the late 70's great lyrics and music. When i was 17 they touched my heart and they always will do! They have an anthem called Ciutat Podrida ( rotten city) dedicated to the stinky city that Barcelona was back in the 70's.  

If you want harder ( and older) things, check out Eskorbuto, Cicatriz ( they met each other in a rehab clinic and formed the band, they are all dead now), Rip... Early 80's of dirty, hard to swallow self destructing punk from Basque Country. Most of them are dead now by aids or overdose.

Another veterans from the 80's  are Kortatu ( punk-ska), Subterranean Kids and Bap(HC), La Polla Records ( only their early lp's), Brighton 64 (power-mods)... They splitted but their music is still in my mind ...

You can check them out un the tube!

Maybe i will make a podcast with spanish r'n'r someday!

Cheers!

• January 20, 2011 6:06 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Slovenly records has put out a lot of fantastic Spanish-language garage in the past few years.  In terms of new Spanish-speaking garage bands, I'd recommend Los Peyotes, Los Explosivos, Los Vigilantes, and Wau y los Arrrghs!!!.  Of course, if you haven't heard of the 60's craziness that is Los Saicos, get on that shit now!
    • January 19, 2011 10:05 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I really love Los Peyotes, and Los Saicos, too. But I admit - that's about all I know from spanish speaking bands. Any suggestions?

www.cyco-sanchez.de

• January 19, 2011 9:52 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Love Los Saicos but my fave Spanish band has got to be Los Punk Rockers.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel