Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Wifi Radios

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 10, 2011 9:53 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Do any of you own a wifi Internet radio? I've been looking at a few of them on Amazon.com lately and I have decided to save up for one. The one I think I'll get is the Grace GDI-IR2000. I just want to get it to keep in the kitchen at home so we can listen to whatever we want when we're fixing dinner, eating, etc. As much time as we spend in our kitchen, it'd be nice to have a radio like this instead of the crappy one we have there now that can barely pick up NPR (too much static). With this, you can program into it whatever Internet radio stations you want, including streaming Internet stations like Real Punk Radio, Beyond the Beat Generation, Pirate Cat Radio, etc. Plus terrestrial radio stations that also stream online like WFMU, KDHX, KEXP, and so on... even podcasts!

This particular radio uses Reciva.com (some of the others I've looked at do as well). You set up an account there, then register your radio there once you get it with the serial number & radio ID number and then you can start programming in all of these stations, and as long as your Internet connection and wifi signal are strong enough, then you can "tune" into them anytime you want. Perfect!

Anyone here own one of these suckers? If so, how well does it work for you? And which one do you have? Do you ever experience any problems?

Thanks!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• February 7, 2011 11:16 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I got my Grace radio (pictured above) and got it all set up over the weekend and I fuckin' LOVE this thing. I've got a bunch of great college & indie public radio stations all over the country programmed into it, so any time I want I can just flip the dial and select a station in Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, Boston, locally here in St. Louis... you name it. I also have several online-only streaming audio stations and podcasts programmed into it. I keep it in our kitchen and it's great to listen to whatever the hell I want when I'm in there fixing dinner or doing the dishes. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel