Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What are the three musical acts you'd most like to see live?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 7, 2011 2:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just replied to "what are the three favorite shows you've seen" but who is still on your "to see" list that you haven't seen and you'd like to catch before they break up and die?   No resurection from the dead or time travel, please.
    • January 21, 2011 5:33 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Wau y Los Arghs

Thee Vicars

The Urges

But I'd also haven't ever seen the Fleshtones still as well as the Lyres and it's rumored that the Chocolate Watchband MAY do some shows.  They did record some songs according to one friend of mine.

• January 21, 2011 2:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Sonics

The Mummies

Chuck Berry

• January 21, 2011 1:57 PM CST
    • Untitled

In no particular order

The Fluid

The Gories

Hex Dispensers

It is the tyranny of distance that stopped me seeing these and many more bands.

Living in Australia we have great home grown bands, I mean I have lost count of the number of times I saw the HardOns for instance.

But so many great American and European bands never made it to our shores. :-(

• January 21, 2011 3:36 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles (:
    • January 20, 2011 5:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Dave, That may prove a little difficult then :)

Have heard they will play a show in NYC before the London date which is a damm sight nearer. Best of luck Rob

whatwave dave said:

Rob: I'm in London, Ontario, Canada....so it would be a bit of a drive...LOL

Rob Bailey said:
      Hi Dave, If you in Europe you be pleased to know you can catch Cyril and Roy live in London on Sunday 24 April @ Le Beat Bespoke 7, cheers Rob

whatwave dave said:

1. Flamin' Groovies

2. Flamin' Groovies

3. Flamin' Groovies....

Detect a pattern here? Last time they played in Canada was 1978 and i didn't go to see them as i wasn't a huge fan. Now that i'm older (but definitely not wiser) and a HUGE fan of The Groovies AND Roy and Cyril are out doing shows, i gotta see them!! A-Bones are the perfect back up bands as Mirian was the Prez of The Flamin' Groovies fanclub for many years.

I did get to see Magic Christian (Cyril's new combo) about 2 years ago and that just whet my appetite even more for a real Flamin' Groovies show!!

• January 20, 2011 1:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Roy Loney's in Cleveland Friday@the ballroom.

whatwave dave said:

Rob Bailey said:
      Hi Dave, If you in Europe you be pleased to know you can catch Cyril and Roy live in London on Sunday 24 April @ Le Beat Bespoke 7, cheers Rob

whatwave dave said:

1. Flamin' Groovies

2. Flamin' Groovies

3. Flamin' Groovies....

Detect a pattern here? Last time they played in Canada was 1978 and i didn't go to see them as i wasn't a huge fan. Now that i'm older (but definitely not wiser) and a HUGE fan of The Groovies AND Roy and Cyril are out doing shows, i gotta see them!! A-Bones are the perfect back up bands as Mirian was the Prez of The Flamin' Groovies fanclub for many years.

I did get to see Magic Christian (Cyril's new combo) about 2 years ago and that just whet my appetite even more for a real Flamin' Groovies show!!

• January 19, 2011 9:20 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

black lips,king khan &the bbq show and  ty segall.
    • January 19, 2011 7:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

1. The White Star Lines musicians playing as the Titanic sank.

2. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

3. Charley Patton on Dockery Farm Plantation

• January 17, 2011 11:53 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Rob Bailey said:

whatwave dave said:

1. Flamin' Groovies

2. Flamin' Groovies

3. Flamin' Groovies....

• January 17, 2011 10:05 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Roky Erickson

? & the Mysterians

Von Lmo

Woulda put Jandek on this list but I got to see him a couple years ago.

• January 17, 2011 8:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My wishlist would be.

The Who/High Numbers live @ Railway Tavern circa 64 set

Steampacket with Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger & Rod Stewart

The Birds with Ron Wood Ali McKenzie and Tony Munroe

• January 17, 2011 8:28 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

whatwave dave said:

1. Flamin' Groovies

2. Flamin' Groovies

3. Flamin' Groovies....

• January 14, 2011 3:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Movie Star Junkies are awesome!  I saw them a year or so ago in St Louis.  A great show.  I don't know the monsters.  I'll have to check them out.

I realize that my original posting made it sound like I was only asking about oldsters but I'd like to hear about newer bands that are hot live acts, too.

• January 14, 2011 10:53 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

1. Flamin' Groovies

2. Flamin' Groovies

3. Flamin' Groovies....

• January 14, 2011 9:20 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I wonder if Jerry Lee Lewis still does shows.  I believe he put out a new album in the last year, didn'y he?

I got this from the Dirty Water newsletter re Flaming Groovies:

Le Beat Bespoke 7- Easter 2011 (22/23/24 April)2011 marks the seventh instalment of this unmissable extravaganza. Over three nights and one daytime event on Easter Bank Holiday weekend, DJ Dr Robert (compiler of the renowned compilation album series also titled Le Beat Bespoke) and his New Untouchables team and Dirty Water Records have assembled another killer line-up. THE FLAMIN’ GROOVIES are American powerpop legends founded in San Francisco in 1965 by Ron Greco, Cyril Jordan and Roy Loney.Best known for their deathless single ‘Shake Some Action’, the band were a key influence on the punk rock movement of the late 1970s. Roy Loney left the band in 1971 after the classic ‘Teenage Head’ album, but in the last couple of years Loney and Jordan have reunited and performed live to critical acclaim at festivals like the “Ponderosa Stomp”, backed by members of The A-Bones and Yo La Tengo. This will be the first time Cyril and Roy have ever performed live together in the UK.
    • January 14, 2011 1:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool, yeah I heard about the Chicago show not working out. If he plays again when he gets better I hope to see it. For sure if it's within driving distance.

Jimbo said:

Your post gave me the idea to go on a trip with my dad to see Chuck Berry (he's 70 and he grew up listening to Chuck as it was happening), so i checked the website for future shows. Unfortunately:

"Due to exhaustion, Mr. Berry was unable to complete his scheduled performance in Chicago at the Congress Theatre January 1, 2011. However, he is fine and has returned to his home near St. Louis. ... [Read More]"

I suppose that's gonna be the last show ever? I hope not...

Duke Of Earl said:

Well sadly, most of them are no longer with us. In body anyways. Hmmm...If any of these groups could play with core lineups here are some of my choices. Im not including bands whose main members are buried(as far as I know). Hrd to always keep up with whos still breathing. If these are impossible, I'd be curious to here why.
      -flamin groovies(Roy Loney is playing this month, anybody have the dates)
      -hanoi rocks
      -berlin brats
      -boys
      -generationx

Can't really think of them all on the fly. Anybody know which original 50s cats are still playin, I'd hate to miss a limited opportunity to catch any of the originators? I missed Wanda Jackson again a few months ago. I know Chuck Berry did a show in Chicago recently. I have to see him soon at any given opportunity. There are a few that I saw at the tail end, that I'm eternally happy about and some that I kick my self in the pants for missing my last ever chance. R.I.P.
    • January 13, 2011 11:42 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Your post gave me the idea to go on a trip with my dad to see Chuck Berry (he's 70 and he grew up listening to Chuck as it was happening), so i checked the website for future shows. Unfortunately:

"Due to exhaustion, Mr. Berry was unable to complete his scheduled performance in Chicago at the Congress Theatre January 1, 2011. However, he is fine and has returned to his home near St. Louis. ... [Read More]"

I suppose that's gonna be the last show ever? I hope not...

Duke Of Earl said:

Well sadly, most of them are no longer with us. In body anyways. Hmmm...If any of these groups could play with core lineups here are some of my choices. Im not including bands whose main members are buried(as far as I know). Hrd to always keep up with whos still breathing. If these are impossible, I'd be curious to here why.
      -hanoi rocks
      -berlin brats
      -boys
      -generationx

Can't really think of them all on the fly. Anybody know which original 50s cats are still playin, I'd hate to miss a limited opportunity to catch any of the originators? I missed Wanda Jackson again a few months ago. I know Chuck Berry did a show in Chicago recently. I have to see him soon at any given opportunity. There are a few that I saw at the tail end, that I'm eternally happy about and some that I kick my self in the pants for missing my last ever chance. R.I.P.
    • January 13, 2011 11:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

-hanoi rocks
      -berlin brats
      -boys
      -generationx

• January 12, 2011 1:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My #1 - The Mummies

#2 - The Masonics

#3 - is to be determined.  I don't want to waste it.

• January 11, 2011 1:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know someone who saw the Batusis a couple of months ago.  He thought it was great fun and got their EP autographed for me.

Johnny Bean said:

The Batusis

Hanoi Rocks - missed them a couple of times in the old days

Sonics - missed them a couple of months back hope it was not the last chance :(

• January 8, 2011 9:29 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

gories...

atomic 7-

the young cools-

slacktone

ravi shankar

• January 8, 2011 8:58 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

The Batusis

Hanoi Rocks - missed them a couple of times in the old days

Sonics - missed them a couple of months back hope it was not the last chance :(

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel