Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Spring reverb?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 4, 2010 1:54 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Best spring reverb pedal to buy, or how to build one?
      (Don't suggest amps with built-in reverb,only pedals)
    • August 30, 2011 5:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

il say the danelectro spring king a proper spring reverb but small
    • December 12, 2010 5:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There is no doubt that the Hardwire, when it come to versitility, is currently the best on the market. However, for those just wanting the old outboard Fender tank sound without forking out 600 or more dollars, I stand behind the Boss Fender FRV-1 63 reverb. It is surely a 'one trick pony' though.

• December 12, 2010 4:14 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yo,its better  much much better,I had a digiverb .The hardwire is the best reverb out there in pedal land !! cheers

Jamie said:

That's what I like to hear. Opinions from people with hands on experience. So how does it stack up to it's predecessor the Digi-Verb? It might be a worthwhile upgrade for me.

gumbo chaff said:

Yo everybody I am a total freak when it comes to reverb...ive had a real fender tank it was ...ok.....i found it a total bastard to use live...i tried the fbv pedal it was ok ...it affected my sound so much i sold it ...i tried the danelectro stuff and the electro harmonix ...i think over the years ive tried most pedals .What I use now is the digitech hardwire through the effects loop  !! its fuckin brilliant best reverb sounds ive ever had.the digitech was made in collaboration with lexicon who are top draw reverb people.....I love this pedal it has many options for different reverbs .Its the best reverb I have ever had....NO REALLY.I love it.dont take my word for it try one down the local music shop its awesome.....

• December 12, 2010 2:13 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's what I like to hear. Opinions from people with hands on experience. So how does it stack up to it's predecessor the Digi-Verb? It might be a worthwhile upgrade for me.

gumbo chaff said:

Yo everybody I am a total freak when it comes to reverb...ive had a real fender tank it was ...ok.....i found it a total bastard to use live...i tried the fbv pedal it was ok ...it affected my sound so much i sold it ...i tried the danelectro stuff and the electro harmonix ...i think over the years ive tried most pedals .What I use now is the digitech hardwire through the effects loop  !! its fuckin brilliant best reverb sounds ive ever had.the digitech was made in collaboration with lexicon who are top draw reverb people.....I love this pedal it has many options for different reverbs .Its the best reverb I have ever had....NO REALLY.I love it.dont take my word for it try one down the local music shop its awesome.....

• December 11, 2010 9:12 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 11, 2010 3:23 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Actually the Spring King is not a digital reverb like the Boss FRV-1 or Digitech Digi-verb. It is actually a digital delay that is then run through an actual spring just like real tank. So it's actually different than any other reverb tank or pedal that I know of. If you want to look at gut shots of it check this out.

Of course the sound is really the only important thing to consider in all of this. I've never played with one so I don't know. Can anyone name any bands that use one?

• December 7, 2010 9:36 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I used the Holy Grail for a few years but was always unhappy with the volume drop that came with it.

A few months back, I picked up the Boss Fender FRV-1 Fender 63 Reverb Pedal and don't know if I will ever go back. It really is as close to an outboard tank as one could ever ask for. It drips, it overdrives...It is just really great....

There has been a lot of confusion about the Danelectro Spring King. Most people assume, because they know it has springs in it, that it is a real spring reverb. It is actually a digital reverb. The springs are actually only there because of the 'kick pad', which allows you to recreate the crashing sound that is caused when you kick or hit the side of a real reverb unit or amp.
    • December 6, 2010 8:29 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know Danelectro Spring King is not a real analogic reverb, someone tried to leave the spring off and it works the same...About this topic there's another interesting discussion HERE

Gonzo said:
      Dan Electro spring king is cool, has a real spring in it although I'm not %100 positive it's for the actual reverb.
      EH Nano Reverb is good, the larger variant is also good but just hissy.
      There's a new pedal made by goldfx called the SurfRider which is meant to be quite good, I've also heard good things about the BYOC reverb pedal and ultimately there's the vanamps serious, all worth having a look at.
    • December 6, 2010 4:00 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What's your price range? The Danelectro Spring King does use a real spring but it's combined with a digital delay. Of course I would recommend going by the sound rather than just being snobby about the digital part. That said, I haven't actually played one in person. It can probably get pretty garagey sound from what I've heard. Van Amps Sole-Mate is a real spring pedal. It's a little expensive but supposedly really good. Little Lanilei by Songworks is also a real spring pedal but I've heard it's more subtle. Might be good to look into. There are a few digital options. I have a Digitech Digi-Verb which seems to be the best cheap option. It's pretty good actually, but if you want to go fully wet you can tell the difference. It sounds good with an overdrive or fuzz in front of it as well as clean which I like. The new boss '63 Reverb pedal looks pretty good. Look it up on youtube. There are some "boutique" options too. I've heard a lot of people like the Malekko Chicklet which is actually analog based I think but doesn't have a spring. If you figure out how to build one let me know.
    • December 5, 2010 5:28 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I was thinking about the spring king too.It must be good but i can't be sure because it looks a bit cheap.Though as i can see there aren't many pedals to choose from.

Gonzo said:
      Dan Electro spring king is cool, has a real spring in it although I'm not %100 positive it's for the actual reverb.
      There's a new pedal made by goldfx called the SurfRider which is meant to be quite good, I've also heard good things about the BYOC reverb pedal and ultimately there's the vanamps serious, all worth having a look at.
    • December 5, 2010 3:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel