Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Jack White yells at eBay record flippers

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 15, 2010 9:56 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

So funny and so damn right too !!!

Roskö said:

A brand new vinyl for $500 ? Do they add some hand made crackles for that price, just like they add stains and holes to these brand new out of price vintage jeans nowadays ?

• December 15, 2010 9:55 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

So funny and quite damn right !!!

DammitDave said:

RICK: Oh, stop being so blinking bourgousie! All property is theft, Vyvyan.

VYVYAN: All right, then. Where's your girlie purse?

VYVYAN: [takes Rick's coin purse, removes some money] Ha ha! Found it!

RICK: You put that back! That's my personal property!

NEIL: You just said all property is theft, Rick.

RICK: Well, yes, it is.

VYVYAN: Yeah, so I'm nicking it.

• December 14, 2010 1:05 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

RICK: Oh, stop being so blinking bourgousie! All property is theft, Vyvyan.

VYVYAN: All right, then. Where's your girlie purse?

VYVYAN: [takes Rick's coin purse, removes some money] Ha ha! Found it!

RICK: You put that back! That's my personal property!

NEIL: You just said all property is theft, Rick.

RICK: Well, yes, it is.

VYVYAN: Yeah, so I'm nicking it.

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

Man, I feel like a thief now ! A sick thief !

Or, even worse, an old stinky hippie from another planet !!!

I must have spent too much time in space lately...I thought the coolest things were free (or at least cheap), loud and untamed...

the complete opposite to any of Jack W's merchandises...

Bibliodiscoteque said:

I'm torn on this argument and, as someone who does not support downloading free albums or pirating, I do say he has a point with the concept of wanting, as an artist to get paid. I believe that the artist should get every single penny they can for their work. The first thing an artist does is create (despite what you think of his talents). Once the art is over, the businessman needs to come out. 

If you are playing for fun and have a day job, I'm sure it is easy to sit back and suggest Art is Free and that anyone who wants to get money is evil. That is not the case for bands feeding themselves and paying for their houses on their income. There is no nobility in starving and if some people make more than others that is the sad nature of capitalism. 

Here is where I argee 100%  with DammitDave. Once the item goes to secondary market that bond between creator and consumer has ended. eBay is a false economy and items are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. If some dope wants to pay 500$ for vinyl, so be it. Most of us without the extra income will buy it in the other formats for cheap. The Metallica arguement doesn't fit here because Met. was sueing for people giving the music away for free and others for stealing it (yes, it is theft - despite how much they make) Just because they are rich does not entitle anyone to take from them. And before you ask, no I have never illegally downloaded an album or accepted a 'leaked' album. 

But I digress. This LP is a hard copy product. If the value goes up - it goes up. As long as someone is willing to pay 490$ more than it is worth, that is what is it worth. In a few years, perhaps it will drop. Doubtful. 

• December 14, 2010 7:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A brand new vinyl for $500 ? Do they add some hand made crackles for that price, just like they add stains and holes to these brand new out of price vintage jeans nowadays ?

• December 13, 2010 2:14 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Man, I feel like a thief now ! A sick thief !

Or, even worse, an old stinky hippie from another planet !!!

I must have spent too much time in space lately...I thought the coolest things were free (or at least cheap), loud and untamed...

the complete opposite to any of Jack W's merchandises...

Bibliodiscoteque said:

I'm torn on this argument and, as someone who does not support downloading free albums or pirating, I do say he has a point with the concept of wanting, as an artist to get paid. I believe that the artist should get every single penny they can for their work. The first thing an artist does is create (despite what you think of his talents). Once the art is over, the businessman needs to come out. 

If you are playing for fun and have a day job, I'm sure it is easy to sit back and suggest Art is Free and that anyone who wants to get money is evil. That is not the case for bands feeding themselves and paying for their houses on their income. There is no nobility in starving and if some people make more than others that is the sad nature of capitalism. 

Here is where I argee 100%  with DammitDave. Once the item goes to secondary market that bond between creator and consumer has ended. eBay is a false economy and items are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. If some dope wants to pay 500$ for vinyl, so be it. Most of us without the extra income will buy it in the other formats for cheap. The Metallica arguement doesn't fit here because Met. was sueing for people giving the music away for free and others for stealing it (yes, it is theft - despite how much they make) Just because they are rich does not entitle anyone to take from them. And before you ask, no I have never illegally downloaded an album or accepted a 'leaked' album. 

But I digress. This LP is a hard copy product. If the value goes up - it goes up. As long as someone is willing to pay 490$ more than it is worth, that is what is it worth. In a few years, perhaps it will drop. Doubtful. 

• December 11, 2010 2:16 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 11, 2010 1:49 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

from this day on I am now Spicey Southern Sausage Law.

• December 10, 2010 4:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Aaaah...sorry S. if I've called you Sean before since you are not Sean but S. Still, Sean Law can be called S. Law since S. is the first letter of Sean but I can't name S. Law Sean since his name ain't Sean but maybe Spartacus, or Scott, or Sydney, or Spicey Southern Sausage or...maybe Sean after all...who knows...Who knows, except S. Law, what's S. real name ? By the way is Sean Law the real name of Sean Law ? Who really knows except Sean Law ? Maybe S. Law ? And what about all these impersonators going on there ? What if S. Law was a Sean Law impersonator ?!? Or Sean Law a S. Law impersonator ?!? That would be great ! Oh, and what about that ol' greedy turd Jackie White ? Don't you think we talk to much about him here ???

Ouch, my head aches...

S.Law said:

"I am Spartacus!"

ha!  thee soul preacher has called me sean before. sean is at a lot of the places I go though.

• December 10, 2010 11:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"I am Spartacus!"

ha!  thee soul preacher has called me sean before. sean is at a lot of the places I go though.

• December 9, 2010 3:30 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh !!! All my apologizes Sean ! Forgive me, I'm so confused... I think he, I mean the Kojak man is Scott. Or am I confusing again ??? Anyway, never trust a confused man as I, I don't even know who I am ! But I swear I'm not a Robert Plant impersonator dressing like Michael Jackson ! Am I ?

Sean Law said:
      Jeez, don't tell me his NAME is SEAN too??
    • December 9, 2010 11:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jeez, don't tell me his NAME is SEAN too??
    • December 9, 2010 9:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sean, that so funny I've almost pissed my beers in my pants !!!

S.Law said:
      and dressing like a Michael Jackson impersonator....
      So I guess the moral of this story could be : Never trust a Robert Plant vocal impersonator dressing like a Michael Jackson impersonator...
    • December 7, 2010 10:47 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

and dressing like a Michael Jackson impersonator....
    • December 2, 2010 3:40 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I agree with Alex. Jack can sell his limited edition records for whatever he can. Something is worth the amount when the buyer and seller agree to exchange the goods/services for money. Jack and Co can do whatever they want with the money. Charity is a very good use although he’s giving out of his abundance (if you’ll pardon the biblical reference) and he gets to feel good about himself along with free publicity.
      Why are “the fans” angry; because they can’t get the music? No, it’s available in other formats. They want these limited editions because they’ll “be worth something someday.” It’s a potential money-making investment to the vast majority of the people who want one. The minority probably think it will bring them closer to the rock god, somehow. I don’t know which is more pathetic.
      The only reason fans would have to be angry at him would be for making shit music.
    • December 2, 2010 1:53 PM CST
    • Untitled

Meh, they are giving 15 grand to charity. But the business of folks like the White Stripes earning royalties on a record that someone thinks is worth $300 is stupid. If it is a limited edition and Mr White is set to earn, what, $100 off each one? But they are limited so that's a few thousand dollars. The guy must be a multimillionaire and gets revenue every time he sneezes. Why does he have to bicker over relatively small change?
    • December 2, 2010 8:06 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Astoundingly petty, in a league with Metallica suing their own fans.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel