Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: man or astro-man? songs with vocals?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 1, 2010 5:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have come across two songs that have vocals, one on Experiment Zero and one called Mermaid Love.  I generally don't like vocals on surf rock with the exception of Dick Dale but I really like how it works out.  does anyone know if they have any other songs with vocals?

• December 6, 2011 9:48 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah....just to point it out again...Man or Astro-man? have MANY vocal songs. There is nearly a complete list a few posts up. You could probably pull together about 3 full-length albums from the vocal material they have done.

jinx n scooter said:

are you askin' bout man or astro-man ? just to make sure that is the band/question... lol

i have just bout everything they have put out - love'em to bits and try to make every show the do round here - there haven't bin that many but still -shrug- most of the vocals i know can think of are sound bits off b movies - like "the lizard king attacks" love that track -  or off is it.... man or astro-man? "nitrous burnout"  project infinity cd/album has a few more vocals/sound bites  like - "transmission from venus" but "manta ray" is full/has full vocals on deluxe me in space  ep. there is the track named u-uranus and that also has full vocal - hope this help you out - and again this band RAWKS!!! lol keep kewl/keep warm/keep it garage!

just noticed that this question is from way back in nov. 2010 so not sure if your still on this site or what but feel free to answer me back and or too tell me to piss off - lmfao up to you

oh yeah here is an mp3 of them you might just dig it's one of the track i mentioned to yeah

jinx

• December 5, 2011 4:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

are you askin' bout man or astro-man ? just to make sure that is the band/question... lol

i have just bout everything they have put out - love'em to bits and try to make every show the do round here - there haven't bin that many but still -shrug- most of the vocals i know can think of are sound bits off b movies - like "the lizard king attacks" love that track -  or off is it.... man or astro-man? "nitrous burnout"  project infinity cd/album has a few more vocals/sound bites  like - "transmission from venus" but "manta ray" is full/has full vocals on deluxe me in space  ep. there is the track named u-uranus and that also has full vocal - hope this help you out - and again this band RAWKS!!! lol keep kewl/keep warm/keep it garage!

just noticed that this question is from way back in nov. 2010 so not sure if your still on this site or what but feel free to answer me back and or too tell me to piss off - lmfao up to you

oh yeah here is an mp3 of them you might just dig it's one of the track i mentioned to yeah

jinx

• August 14, 2011 10:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

shit they're the fucking best
    • March 29, 2011 5:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

With automatic shutoff from peel sessions - is an awesome version of that song.
    • December 8, 2010 8:06 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Evert L Pipkin is my absolute favorite MOAM? vocal track. To the best of my knowledge, the only time they ever performed it live was at their 2006 reunion at The Bottletree in Birmingham, AL. After years of searching, Jonny Browning, their new rhythm player, finally hooked me up with a great bootleg of the show.
    • December 8, 2010 6:26 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Destination Venus is all you need...!

Kill, Baby...Kill! said:
      Man or Astro-man? had/have lots of songs with lead vocals. Below is the best list I can compile with song and album. These are all actual vocal songs and not the songs using samples...I also did not include live versions and still may have missed a few....

Mermaid Love - Is it Man or Astro-man?
      Mystery Science Theater 3K - Destroy all Astromen
      Destination Venus - Destory all Astromen/Your Weight on the Moon
      Max Q - Intravenuos Television Continuum/Project Infinity
      Calling Hong Kong - Intravenuos Television Continuum
      Manta Ray - Project Infinity
      U-uranus - Deluxe Men in Space
      9 Volt - Experiment Zero
      Anoxia - Experiment Zero
      Television Man - Experiment Zero
      Specific Gravity - 1000x
      Universe City - 1000x
      With Automatic Shutoff - 1000x
      Lo Batt - Made from Technetium
      Junk Satellite - Made from Technetium
      Breathing Iron Oxide - Made from Technetium
      Static Cling - Made from Technetium
      Evert L Pipkin - Made from Technetium
      U-235 PU-239 - EEVIAC
      Domain of the Human race - EEVIAC
      Psychology of AI - EEVIAC
      As Estralas Agora Elas Estao Mortas - EEVIAC
      Within One Universe There are Millions - A Spectrum of Infinite Scale
      Interplanet Janet - Schoolhouse Rocks
      Jimmy Neutron Theme - Never released and is Starcrunch Solo with MOAM backing him.
      Philip K Dick (vocal version) - Obscure mail-in only track never officially released
    • December 7, 2010 2:00 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Man or Astro-man? had/have lots of songs with lead vocals. Below is the best list I can compile with song and album. These are all actual vocal songs and not the songs using samples...I also did not include live versions and still may have missed a few....

Mermaid Love - Is it Man or Astro-man?
      Mystery Science Theater 3K - Destroy all Astromen
      Destination Venus - Destory all Astromen/Your Weight on the Moon
      Max Q - Intravenuos Television Continuum/Project Infinity
      Calling Hong Kong - Intravenuos Television Continuum
      Manta Ray - Project Infinity
      U-uranus - Deluxe Men in Space
      9 Volt - Experiment Zero
      Anoxia - Experiment Zero
      Television Man - Experiment Zero
      Specific Gravity - 1000x
      Universe City - 1000x
      With Automatic Shutoff - 1000x
      Lo Batt - Made from Technetium
      Junk Satellite - Made from Technetium
      Breathing Iron Oxide - Made from Technetium
      Static Cling - Made from Technetium
      Evert L Pipkin - Made from Technetium
      U-235 PU-239 - EEVIAC
      Domain of the Human race - EEVIAC
      Psychology of AI - EEVIAC
      As Estralas Agora Elas Estao Mortas - EEVIAC
      Within One Universe There are Millions - A Spectrum of Infinite Scale
      Interplanet Janet - Schoolhouse Rocks
      Jimmy Neutron Theme - Never released and is Starcrunch Solo with MOAM backing him.
      Philip K Dick (vocal version) - Obscure mail-in only track never officially released
    • November 1, 2010 1:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

definatly, thanks!

Giannis KRI said:
      The only record i have is destroy all astromen.For this record:In "pop corn" crabula you hear someone talking here and there,"Joker's Wild" has a vocal intro,In "mystery meat" there is a guy talking again,"Heavies" and "Madness in the strees" have a vocal intro too,"Mystery science 300 love theme" is a real song with lyrics and stuff."Landlocked has a vocal intro,"gargantua's last stand" has a vocal intro."Destination Venus" is a song with vocals like "mystery science......",and "the shadow know has just another vocal intro.

To sum up only "Mystery....." and "Destination Venus" have "real" vocals,and they are pretty awesome songs too.Hope i helped.
    • November 1, 2010 10:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The only record i have is destroy all astromen.For this record:In "pop corn" crabula you hear someone talking here and there,"Joker's Wild" has a vocal intro,In "mystery meat" there is a guy talking again,"Heavies" and "Madness in the strees" have a vocal intro too,"Mystery science 300 love theme" is a real song with lyrics and stuff."Landlocked has a vocal intro,"gargantua's last stand" has a vocal intro."Destination Venus" is a song with vocals like "mystery science......",and "the shadow know has just another vocal intro.

To sum up only "Mystery....." and "Destination Venus" have "real" vocals,and they are pretty awesome songs too.Hope i helped.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel