Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Keef Rips Bruce

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 26, 2010 8:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

In Keith Richards new autobiography "Life", he takes a shot at Bruce Springsteen. " If there was anything better around, he'd still be working the bars of New Jersey". I'm interested in seeing if Little Steven comments on the remark, considering the major idol worship his station (Underground Garage) has for The Stones.
    • October 29, 2010 2:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, maybe... Still doesn't give him a lot of room to be throwing around wickedly backhanded compliments.

MikeL said:
      Bebe Buell claims in her autobiography that Keith was the real heart and soul of the band musically before he got into heroin, so maybe that's why so much of the Stones' output was kind of spotty in the 70s and beyond.

Ken said:
      I don't think that Keith has much room to talk about quality of music post 1972 or so. Or being overblown.

For that matter... What's wrong with playing bars in New Jersey?
    • October 29, 2010 2:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Keef is not ripping, he's saying that there's been nothing better than B.S. in tha last 35+ years. That's quite a compliment!
    • October 29, 2010 2:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bebe Buell claims in her autobiography that Keith was the real heart and soul of the band musically before he got into heroin, so maybe that's why so much of the Stones' output was kind of spotty in the 70s and beyond.

Ken said:
      I don't think that Keith has much room to talk about quality of music post 1972 or so. Or being overblown.

• October 29, 2010 1:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• October 29, 2010 1:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

LOL! I do like Springsteen, but I can see your point. And yeah, many people do consider Meatloaf to be an even more over the top derivative of Springsteen. BTW, I like Meatloaf too, but he's more of a guilty pleasure. BTW, I love that picture you use of Lester Bangs for your profile.

Gunther Toody said:
      Further proof that Keith's musical tastes are those of a true rock and roll fan. Springsteen's stuff is definitely "overblown" to the point that it mostly sounds like it's from some godawful Broadway rock musical, ala Meatloaf's stuff.
    • October 29, 2010 11:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Further proof that Keith's musical tastes are those of a true rock and roll fan. Springsteen's stuff is definitely "overblown" to the point that it mostly sounds like it's from some godawful Broadway rock musical, ala Meatloaf's stuff.
    • October 28, 2010 2:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Actually, Keith said something like this before, except he was more diplomatic. I read an interview he did with Rolling Stone back in the late 80s, and he admitted that he didn't like Springsteen's music, because he thought it was just too overblown. However, he did say that he hated to admit this, because he considers Springsteen a friend, and he also said he's a really nice guy too. I'm sure Little Steven already knows about this, so I don't think it's going to be too much of a shock to him.

BTW, in David Marsh's Springsteen biography, he wrote that Keith did like Little Steven's work with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, so maybe that's a consolation prize for LS.
    • October 27, 2010 10:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think Steven's going to ignore it.
    • October 27, 2010 12:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Your probably right!
    • October 26, 2010 9:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i tend to agree and yep; it's pretty funny too. my guess is steve also would agree but hey, he's gotta make a living too

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel