Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Downloading obscure music

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 23, 2010 1:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm looking to download songs that can't be found in the itunes store. Songs like "40 Pounder Blues" by the Purple Toads or "Refrigerator Door" by the Human Switchboard. What sites would have obscure tracks like those?

• October 30, 2010 12:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Try this link, it's done by a member of this forum (nope, it's not me)... http://ocanadarm.blogspot.com/ There's usually a fair bit of Canadian stuff on this one.

Brian T. Kirchner said:
      I have the first Purple Toads album on cassette and the second one on vinyl. I have a pretty decent collection of Canadian punk. I was hoping there was a website that had hard-to-find songs available to download.
    • October 29, 2010 1:48 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have the first Purple Toads album on cassette and the second one on vinyl. I have a pretty decent collection of Canadian punk. I was hoping there was a website that had hard-to-find songs available to download.
    • October 28, 2010 3:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, it's not like it's impossible to find reissues or legit comps that have obscure songs on them. Check out the Norton Records catalog, Bear Family, Crypt, Sundazed, Bomp/AIP, Rhino, etc. Hell, just do a google search for them and you're bound to find something.

stoneageromeo said:
      Downloading's alright but, concerning the Purple Toads, they put out two albums that are absolutely fantastic so I suggest you buy them instead ...
    • October 28, 2010 11:38 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And those 2 LP's are still around...Star Records in Oshawa Ontario Canada (just outside Toronto) put out those 2 LP's and still has them listed in their current email catalogue, here's an email for Star Records: starrecordscanada@netzero.net

stoneageromeo said:
      Downloading's alright but, concerning the Purple Toads, they put out two albums that are absolutely fantastic so I suggest you buy them instead ...
    • October 28, 2010 10:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• October 27, 2010 2:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input.
    • October 23, 2010 1:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's 40 Pounder Blues by The Purple Toads....plus a bunch of other songs that were on a cassette comp called Wave From The Grave that we gave away with What Wave zine back in 1986... http://chrwradio.com/lma/1986/What%20Wave%20-%20Wave%20From%20The%20Grave/ww3.htm There's other cool stuff on that site as well. It's run by local university radio station CHRW and the site is called The London Music Archives (referring to London Ontario Canada)...and i have a radio show on CHRW called Radio What Wave (every thursday 7 to 8:30PM plug plug...). And Rob Toad (guitarist vocalist of Purple Toads) has a new band called Crummy Stuff which will be playing in London Ontario on 11/5/10 with Gord Lewis of Teenage Head for an evening of Teenage Head tunes.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel